Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 04:33 AM
Tech Initiate

ah, by the way, i think i will be one of the first who would have his hands on the cgm conversion kit next monday or tuesday (thank you steve ), i can't wait and it's very good to hear that toso is fast at the snowbirds with it.....
Old 02-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by taisantobi
no i'm sorry, i don't know anybody who has one.

but when you buy it, may you please say something about your experiences with it?
I've used the bearing blaster and the Integy Sparkle thing. I was very disappointed with the bearing blaster. I didn't feel it directed the blast through bearings all that well. I did like Integy product though. I use mineral spirits to loosen the dirt and grease/oil and the waves that the cleaner generates work the dirt out of the bearing and into the bottom of the tray.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
May I know how heavy is the CGM at full running weight with bodyshell? The specs list show that it is 1580gm.
I don't know why they would give a 'full running' weight spec.. Not all gear weighs the same.. I would rather know chassi-for-chassis which is lightest...

haven't weighed mine yet, but i'm sure its a lil heavier than the 'Black' version i previously ran.. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, with my SSG (which is a tas heavier, if not the same weight as the Black) had to actually add a few ASSOCIATED square ballasts to make weight at a race..
Old 02-05-2004, 10:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
Randman.

How do you get on with the delrin diffs on the Barracuda, running hot mod motors?

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
I actually never had a problem with the outdrives in the R2 at all. I have seen someone break them, but I personally never did. They also show much less wear than the plastic outdrives that the Yokomo uses. I found a pair of the Excel outdrives, but it is for sale along with a car, hopefully he'll be able to split the package up.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by alch
Interesting. Might have to give it a try!
I remember a similiar product being used for cleaning jewellery years ago!

How does it compare to a bearing blaster?
A bearing blaster is no better than spraying the bearing with motor spray without the blaster...
Old 02-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DOTMAN
I've used the bearing blaster and the Integy Sparkle thing. I was very disappointed with the bearing blaster. I didn't feel it directed the blast through bearings all that well. I did like Integy product though. I use mineral spirits to loosen the dirt and grease/oil and the waves that the cleaner generates work the dirt out of the bearing and into the bottom of the tray.
Tell me - does this thing just vibrate? Or is there some sort of 'magic' ultra sound thing going on? It doesn't really matter, I'm just really curious.......
Old 02-05-2004, 02:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Horatio
Tell me - does this thing just vibrate? Or is there some sort of 'magic' ultra sound thing going on? It doesn't really matter, I'm just really curious.......
For 17 bucks, I dont think you're gonna get much magic
Old 02-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Horatio
It just vibrates, but that helps push whatever fluid you're soaking the bearing in through the the sheilds and shakes dirt loose
Old 02-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randman
For 17 bucks, I dont think you're gonna get much magic
Ha Ha!! LOL!

Where I come from, you'ld be amazed what you can get with 17 bucks
Old 02-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

That parts cleaner is really just an ultra-sonic jewelry cleaner. You can find those at Wal-mart or bigger dept. stores It does vibrate, kinda like your Braun shaver or Sonicare toothbrush. You put your cleaner of choice into the tiny tub, put your bearings and let it rip for a few minutes. You will see dirt, if any, settle at the bottom. Magic, nah....
Old 02-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DOTMAN
It just vibrates, but that helps push whatever fluid you're soaking the bearing in through the the sheilds and shakes dirt loose
Cheers Dotman - I'm going to get one anyway, magic or not - I'll still tell the competition that it emits performance enhancing waves. There's nothing like a little intimidation before the start of the A final!!

When I practice before the start of the qualifying for stock class, I always use a super stock just so that my pals get worried about my pace!!! Same logic........
Old 02-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by forty6
That parts cleaner is really just an ultra-sonic jewelry cleaner. You can find those at Wal-mart or bigger dept. stores It does vibrate, kinda like your Braun shaver or Sonicare toothbrush. You put your cleaner of choice into the tiny tub, put your bearings and let it rip for a few minutes. You will see dirt, if any, settle at the bottom. Magic, nah....
I can always pretend!

Thanks anyway
Old 02-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, get one of those and stick a Yokomo or LRP sticker and tell them it is a prototype.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

How is the new plastic chassis setup compared to the carbon fibre? I`m racing on carpet with rubber tires
Old 02-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Default CGM conversion

So the conversion kit only comes with the tub, steering assembly, towers, braces, and a motor mount? Can someone pls. confirm this? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.