Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Masami's racing in Germany this weekend at the Keil DTM finals. Here are a few photos.

German version of the CGM called the K5

Masaaki working om Masami's SD SSG

Masami & Masaaki pit space

source: RCWEB.de
Live Coverage: http://www.rcweb.de/board/viewtopic.php?t=14504
Old 12-07-2003, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

2tenths - that tweak setting may work for you, but I disagree with it.

In my opinion... Droop should be set evenly on both sides. Any tweak you get from setting the car down with a screwdriver should be compensated for with spring-pre-load.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Masami's SD SSG:

Source: RCWEB.de
Old 12-07-2003, 10:11 AM

Default Re: CGM manual available

Originally posted by ongbenghui
CGM manual is available on yokomo japan website already.

I felt that ...

pivot block and steering seems similar to XXX-S design

cam type motor mount is similar to TC3

by the look of it, it seems that the top deck might
be still usable on the cgm chassis.

If the chassis is graphite, I will be very keen to get one.
Thanks for the info. My dad printed out the instructions and I took a look at them. The top deck will definently fit, but it will only be able to mount on the front and rear gearboxes, not on the motor mount like in the kit. It may work on the steering too, but this would take some modification. The chassis is graphite, it's been confirmed by three sources (CML Distribution, Yokomo USA, Matt Howard)

Sleighty: On foams, I felt taking the sway bar off really helped keep the tires planted, however with rubber you may need swaybars to keep the car's chassis from rolling too much.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sleighty
Well my SD debuts on carpet 2morrow, Im running stock and ive qualifed in the A-Final, should be ineresting, i noticed today my car is slightly tweaked but i doubt its enough to lower my performance.

Should i start with both roll bars on or off? I dont have a large experience with them to be honest and I would rather not be chasing a setup too much in practise as I dont get too much time!

cheers
Sleighty
For carpet, you may even want to go with thicker swaybars than stock, depends on how high the grip of the carpet is though. I'd definately use swaybars F/R, it will help combat the traction rolling.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Just browsing eBay, and found this deal http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=34062
Definately a great price for what you're getting... just wish I could have found it before I paid double that...
Old 12-07-2003, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know the difference on a track between the black chassis and the ssg. Is there a big difference or not???
Old 12-07-2003, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
For carpet, you may even want to go with thicker swaybars than stock, depends on how high the grip of the carpet is though. I'd definately use swaybars F/R, it will help combat the traction rolling.

Not always so Randman, at the Region 12 carpet championships, yesterday, the two fastest cars in 19 turn, a SSG and a RaySpeed were not running rear swaybars and the grip was extreamly high. Yokomos qualified 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Yokomos won both stock and 19 turn.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by pops

Not always so Randman, at the Region 12 carpet championships, yesterday, the two fastest cars in 19 turn, a SSG and a RaySpeed were not running rear swaybars and the grip was extreamly high. Yokomos qualified 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Yokomos won both stock and 19 turn.
Wow, on the carpet track we had down here for a brief while, you needed swaybars to survive on the track. I havent raced on any other carpet track, just kinda thought it was the standard for carpet.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

I just ordered my SD for christmas, what do I need to know when I am building this car.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Intermision
I just ordered my SD for christmas, what do I need to know when I am building this car.
Just follow the instructions, it's all there. The fitment of the parts is excellent on this car...
Old 12-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Yoke Sd Dominate 19 turn and Stock!

Sd's sweep both classes @ the Northwest Carpet Championships yesterday!As Pops said the cars were awsome!I was in the A for stock and wished I would have maid the changes that the winner of Stock made.He removed his rear swaybar and was absolutely on fire.He was so much faster the everyone else.If I would have just listened to his mechanic in qualifying I would have gone a bit faster and qualified better.After copying his setup change my car was 2 tenths a lap faster in the main! Go figure!It was freaking close!Lets just say to the nay sayers that say the Yoke with Rayspeed conversion is not good on carpet must not know how to set there car up.The rayspeed cars were fast.But so was Mo's ssg car in 19turn!Man it was a good day for yoke owners in stockton yesterday!Mo even did well making the show for Modified!Same with Jason E.Dialed.......
Old 12-07-2003, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default yokomo drivers

what is the most suggested motor/esc combo to run with in stock classes or any class?

i was wondering where to put my money, i am running a quantum LRP pro right now.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

That's great to hear, I really wish that I would have been able to make it up there for the race, but conflicts with work made it a no-go. I'll be at the local T4T race next week, and we always get some good competition for these races, propably quite a few of the fast guys from the regionals will be down here, at least I hope... I need competition
Old 12-07-2003, 01:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: yokomo drivers

Originally posted by justinalamode
what is the most suggested motor/esc combo to run with in stock classes or any class?

i was wondering where to put my money, i am running a quantum LRP pro right now.
The Epic Monster motors are very fast, it's the highest revving motor out there right now, so that's a good place to start. I run the GT7, but the Quantum Competition would be another good ESC to run. There are a few more out there, but I dont have experience with them..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.