Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is anyone working on an aftermarket LCG chassis & top plate specifically for high-grip/carpet racing?
Old 07-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by v0rtex
Is anyone working on an aftermarket LCG chassis & top plate specifically for high-grip/carpet racing?
Check out my earlier post.

I'll make the first few for myself, and if they work good, then I might sell a few chassis to my fellow LCG compadres.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Whoops should read before posting The number one rule to follow to avoid forum clutter
Old 07-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Anybody tried the speedtech front spool? I ordered one today for my SD. I'll give a review if I'm the guiena pig
Old 07-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, we have tried the standard one and also the light weight one. Both are much better than Yokomo Plastic one !!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Anybody tried the speedtech front spool? I ordered one today for my SD. I'll give a review if I'm the guiena pig
The SPeedtech spool is ultra durable and has probably the best fit and finish. I needed only install one single shim...but then again it was also with new bearings, as they seat it needed only one more ultra thin one. I have yet to see much as signs of wear but I run stock in my LCG...I will fully test the spool again this Saturday...well at least test it to see if my lap times decrease LOL. But yes a great value and long life.
-Shookie <><
Old 07-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

nothing new on the outdrives and the spools yet. I think the guy I met today isn't the smartest... let's what the other one says...

Which setups do you run on your LCG's? My setup isn't that bad but I think there are a few guys out there who could wrench much better setups then me... Please post what you have... Carpet, asphalt,...

Cheers
Chris
Old 07-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Guys, you might not remember but I posted a while ago about my rear diff gear wobbling.I still have this problem because I m waiting for a new set of outdrives and graphite gear from precisionrc and I was hoping that with these new parts my 'wobbling' issues will be solved..?

What do you think?

I received some carbide balls though, b\c I thought this could help but I dont know if I should try and rebuild my diff with them to see if it solves the problem..?I did rebuild the diff and checked the gear for flashings but no results

This wobbling isnt binding the drivetrain because I shimmed the diff gear away from the bevel gear otherwise they would be a hard spot when both gears got too close but the whole drivetrain is affected: center driveshaft and spur gear moving\wobbling side to side

I know this has been brought up before but any extra help\suggestions would be VERY appeciated!
Old 07-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Also, replace your inner diff bearings. It's possible one of them could be out of round. OR if your diff gear isn't sitting flush with the bearing due to impropoer molding. Then the gear would be untrue and wobble.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Speedtech Spool is a perfect fit! Was using it on my CGM for almost a year and now my LCG and has not shown any signs of wear. It's a bit heavy but durability is more important for me!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedy-932
Hi,

nothing new on the outdrives and the spools yet. I think the guy I met today isn't the smartest... let's what the other one says...

Which setups do you run on your LCG's? My setup isn't that bad but I think there are a few guys out there who could wrench much better setups then me... Please post what you have... Carpet, asphalt,...

Cheers
Chris
What would be really cool is to make some aluminium diff and bevel gears. With the LCG, it would be wicked awesome to have blue gears and never strip one out during a race I know I'd buy them no matter what the price is
Old 07-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedy-932

Cheers
Chris
I posted my setup for med-grip asphalt.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks... I will search it...

I don't think it's possible to make some aluminium bevel gears and diff gears...
Ok... it's possible but really expensive... I'm not able to draw the gear with a CAD programm... the only way to get the sizes of it is to scan the gears in 3D with a laser... I don't know anyone who such a machine... I know a few companies who have one but they are in the development area... No way for me to get in there... I will look around if I can find someone and how much he wants but I think the price will be way too high... The price for a bevel and a diff gear will cost as much as a new car kit...

Cheers
Chris
Old 07-08-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

What would be really cool is to make some aluminium diff and bevel gears. With the LCG, it would be wicked awesome to have blue gears and never strip one out during a race I know I'd buy them no matter what the price is
But man they would be loud I bet.....aluminum to aluminum would not be real good either in MOD as those gears would start to expand when they get warm..I had that problem with the Product D aluminum bevel gear, could never get the right gear mesh. I would say leave it well enough alone....Besides You can have delrin ones made if you got a few hooks and then they could be dyed blue....Better idea if you ask me...LOL
I want a custom motor fan and mount that is made of Carbon Fiber for the BD and LCG....anyone know of a manufacturer let me know...that one in the UK is like $50.00 each...too much so please don't refer to them...
Thanks,
-Shookie <><
Old 07-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Man Shookie that neon green in your sig hurts my eyes; what the hell does it say ... -JB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.