Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Here ya go. The ESC signal wire is touching the chassis bracing, the ESC is touching the RX, and the RX is touching the servo. Not 1mm to spare
Not a whole lot of room in there...
have you tried standing up the RX?
Old 02-02-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looks like a project. Anyone thought of putting the TC3 steering bar in place of those bellcranks. Maybe some chassis milling would do the job. Does that thing come with a top deck? If not looks like another thing to make.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Randman, where is all the red stuff???
Old 02-02-2004, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Blades

Originally posted by tc3stocker
What are the advantages/ disadvantages of running these so-called "blades"? What is the real reason for this extra money?
After a few races, using ordinary bones, the slots in the diff outs on the SD begin to wear - this is to be expected as the diff outs we use are very light and performance oriented.

The advantages of using blades is that this wear is virtually eliminated and the drive train will have less 'snatch' in it - clearly a good thing.

Disadvantages - besides the nominal cost, none as far as I'm aware but I'll reserve judgement until I've tried them out.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Not a whole lot of room in there...
have you tried standing up the RX?
I didn't stand up the RX, I dont have any need to because all of my stuff is really small. I have a feeling that a lot of people will be looking for more space though.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by tc3stocker
Looks like a project. Anyone thought of putting the TC3 steering bar in place of those bellcranks. Maybe some chassis milling would do the job. Does that thing come with a top deck? If not looks like another thing to make.
I did think of doing that, and then moving the servo up even more, but I'm going to see how this works for now. I do wish they would have moved the batteries more forward.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by utieh
Randman, where is all the red stuff???
It'll be on there tomorrow, dont worry
Old 02-02-2004, 09:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Also, you guys can see that I put foam on the left side of the batteries, they have a bit of slop in the cell slots, so that pushes them all the way right. If anyone else wants to do this, I used Associated T2 Battery Foam.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Here ya go. The ESC signal wire is touching the chassis bracing, the ESC is touching the RX, and the RX is touching the servo. Not 1mm to spare
I take it that my old Novak 410mxc won't fit then

Seriously though, that's a pretty tight space to fit all the gear. Bottom line is: if you want to race CGMs, you better have small electronics!

Or a top deck to stick stuff to!
Old 02-02-2004, 10:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I just soldered up a battery pack and turned the car on, I seem to be getting some glitching with how the electronics are setup, but I'm really not sure what is causing it, I tried with and without the personal transponder, and it doesnt seem to make a difference. Any ideas?
Old 02-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

I just soldered up a battery pack and turned the car on, I seem to be getting some glitching with how the electronics are setup, but I'm really not sure what is causing it, I tried with and without the personal transponder, and it doesnt seem to make a difference. Any ideas?
Their's a product by TN racing(Japan) it's like a Ferrite sheet you stick on your RX..suppress RFI interference.... or buy some copper sheets or tape from your electronics store and wrap your RX in it..

move the RX on top of the servo...
Old 02-02-2004, 10:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Their's a product by TN racing(Japan) it's like a Ferrite sheet you stick on your RX..suppress RFI interference.... or buy some copper sheets or tape from your electronics store and wrap your RX in it..

move the RX on top of the servo...
I've gotta find some of that Ferrite stuff, I notice that you and Dan have been using it, seems to work, because I havent seen you guys glitch.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

It could be to do with the orientation of the ESC in relation to the receiver. If you're loathe to put stuff on top of your servo, try putting your speedo on it's side with the power leads uppermost and change the position of the receiver so that its mounted alongside the speedo longitudinally in the chassis, with the Rx Xtal as far away from the motor leads as possible. It should help.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

I've gotta find some of that Ferrite stuff, I notice that you and Dan have been using it, seems to work, because I havent seen you guys glitch.
The one's on the Power Wires?
I gave them to Dan to try out...
I'll send you a set tommorow.....
pm me your address again....
Old 02-02-2004, 10:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'll try a couple different electronics setups and see if anything works.

Ramon - Did you bulk order those Ferrite things, you could propably get some good money for them I'd think.

One more problem, I'm trying to find a place with MIP CVD's in stock for the car, but having some bad luck, anyone know who stocks em?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.