Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 10:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by pops
We had a little wobble caused by running o'rings in both cups. I removed the rear O'ring and no wobble. We also stopped breaking rear cups, because the shaft was now deeper into the rear cup.
Did you test that with modified, or stock and 19t?
Old 02-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Just a note on the CGM car kits, it is full graphite components (suspension and chassis). While the conversion kit is graphite on the conversion components (chassis, braces, shock towers).

Steve Wang
That's cool, I was kinda wondering where people were getting their info that it wasn't all graphite parts but I didn't want to say anything until someone in the states actually had a kit.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman

If any CGM owners have a problem with their steering linkage binding, send me a PM, it did it on 3 of the 4 CGM's at the track today, and I found the fix for the problem, did it successfully on 2 cars.
Or you can just post it here and save yourself a million PMs. Also, what did Mr. Itoh say about the binding?

Is it done yet? I swear you had a car running early in the day hehe. You should have unassembled it ontrack instead of in the pits lol.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Picked up a ssg this week and was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a good base setup for stock running foams on carpet. I have been running a X-Ray EVO 2 but wanted to give a shaft car a try.
Also, are there any spares that are prone to breaking that I should pick up?

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Did you test that with modified, or stock and 19t?
In Mod
Old 02-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Full Lock Problem

Well have been working on the car during the cold months here in Kansas and have tried to update parts and get everything in working order for the next season. At the end of the year the car was spinning out to the left and I went through the many things it could be...checked tweek, droop, bad bearing, ect....then tonight I think I found the symptom but cannot find the problem....

The drivetrain is super free sitting on the car stand with wheels straight. But I found that when I turn the car to full mechanical lock to the left it feels gritty and almost a shake feel. Then I connected a 19t and gassed it up...wheels straight super smooth and quiet, full lock left and right Vibration and chatter sound from the front. No pinion push test, straight super smooth and rolls free, full left notchy and restricted roll....

I am running stock SSG driveshfts and stock plastic parts. Any help would be great. This spin out problem is keeping me from loving the car...

Thanks

Jeff
Old 02-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

ahhhhhh i think you have the dreaded drive shft problem, me and my mate had the same problem and we have had many a discussion on this forum about it, basically its the small black cylinders at the end of the driveshaft. the have gone tight and are not spinning properly only thing i can sugest is take out, clean, lube, run in....... it happend to me in survere cases 3 times, my cars steering acually locked up!. it seems to have sorted it self out now thouh after hours of running in at full lock
Old 02-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

This is very frustrating. What other choice are people running in terms of driveshaft/CVDs? I bought to the MIP MR4 CVDs for the rear but got two rear sets not a front and a rear....

Any help would rock!

Jeff
Old 02-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

get ahold of some of the old MR4TC front hardened universals, Mo posted the part #'s a couple pages back
Old 02-01-2004, 07:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rtypec
Or you can just post it here and save yourself a million PMs. Also, what did Mr. Itoh say about the binding?

Is it done yet? I swear you had a car running early in the day hehe. You should have unassembled it ontrack instead of in the pits lol.
No PM's as of yet, so maybe it's just us building it wrong (but that would be very weird IMO. Mr. Itoh was the 4th car that didn't have the binding, but I showed him what to do if it becomes a problem just in case, be cool if Yokomo did a suppliment sheet out of what I told him
Old 02-01-2004, 07:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by pops
In Mod
Nice... I've wanted to go back to the plastic cups just to lower the rotating mass, might have to try that trick. Someone should come out with the sleeve like Tosolini made.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So..How did Robert do this weekend with the CGM?
Old 02-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Matt...thanks for the post. I have spent all day today working on those stock driveshafts and they will still not work at full lock and drag something awful. I see from Chris's car picks he runs some blue looking driveshafts...any idea to what he is running?

Also I think I have read that some work is needed to get the hardened ones to work...what did you do and I take it took car of the binding issue.

Jeff
Old 02-01-2004, 08:47 PM

Randman - I'm getting my CGM from Speedtech on Wed, and was wondering about this steering-binding problem. Is it an issue with the molded materials that I can fix with a hobby knife, or is it just a steering trim problem? Could you post pics of your car, and show us what you're talking about? Thanks

Jeff - I had the same problem I while ago. It turned out that the set screw on the inside of the driveshaft coupler had come loose, and the pin was sliding out. Locktite =
Old 02-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

After rebuilding them all day long I hope that the pin stays in place...lol I hate that this is soe frustrating.

Are guys able to run the stock driveshafts??? I had a big hook/spin out problem at Regionals and now know that this was my problem. Got the car on the table and at full lock will barely roll.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.