Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FARBES
He spent my money on his car for parts instead of send my money as refund to paypal.
What? I have not taken or spent your money. I have sent you PMs offering help or for you to explain what the problem is and you have not answered...why? Answer your PMs and communicate so I can resolve this ASAP...If you run around accusing me or others ranting and complaining and making wild accusations, it will only make things worse. We are here to help you DEREK....work with people and learn to talk decently and treat others with some manners and decorum so situations can be resolved in good terms and quicker time frame. Dont make enemies, bro. Again, I am here to work with and help you out, but you have to be a bit more open and willing to listen and work things out. Answer your PMs and let me know...I will resolve this ASAP, but need your input...hope to hear from you soon

Regards,

Yohan

P.S. - Apologies to all those reading this thread and having to read the above post...but this dude FARBES aparantly likes to go public and make accusations on others with out first trying to amicably resolve issues and comunicating with fellow RCTECH members...I have sent him PMs asking for explanations and how I can help but do not get answers...I have responded hoping he'll read this and at least answer PMs and help me resolve this ASAP. Sorry folks...
Old 02-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Stripping Out Spur Gears?

I've been running this car for the past few months and it's been awesome, however, I've been stripping out spur gears like crazy.
I set the mesh perfectly but when I have a little run in with a board (or two), it's almost like the layshaft or spur and pulley flex, causing the gears to slip and shave the top off a few teeth. Anyone else have this problem?
Does Losi make 48 pitch gears for the car? How about the PRS spur gear adapter?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mr. losi
hopefully mika and larry will post the rubber setups....

i am sure ppl would be interested in jasons foam setup also...

hint hint......way to go fellas..

MAtt
Here is what i used for rubber, i'm sure they will post up their setups as well. With regard to Larry's and my rubber car, his was faster but more agresive, mine was very smooth and easy to drive.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-jrxs-type-r-rubber-snowbirds-08.gif  
Old 02-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Electro-MAX RC
I've been running this car for the past few months and it's been awesome, however, I've been stripping out spur gears like crazy.
I set the mesh perfectly but when I have a little run in with a board (or two), it's almost like the layshaft or spur and pulley flex, causing the gears to slip and shave the top off a few teeth. Anyone else have this problem?
Does Losi make 48 pitch gears for the car? How about the PRS spur gear adapter?
Are you running the one way when you strip the spurs? If so that could be your issue along with the machined layshaft. I was doing the samething at IIC and was not doing it previous to IIC. Only difference was I went from a spool to a oneway at IIC. You hit the board while on throttle the drive train is trying to be spun backwards as the motor is turning forwards. I think the layshaft flexes and you then get enough flex it just spins the pinion on the spur. I have swapped my layshafts out for the ones from the first car which were solid. Unfortunately I have not been able to test the theory out since I have replaced them. There is no place to run here over the winter. This has been discussed on the thread before, but quite a few pages ago.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply. I'll I've been running is Foam Carpet, diff in the front. Are you saying the original Losi Jrxs had a solid steel layshaft?
Old 02-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I have swapped my layshafts out for the ones from the first car which were solid.
Putting the original jrxs solid layshaft in will take care of this. Several local drivers had this issue and after swapping them no mre problems.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the reply. I'll I've been running is Foam Carpet, diff in the front. Are you saying the original Losi Jrxs had a solid steel layshaft?
Yes, that is what I am saying and now Ron confirmed it was an issue since more have done the same swap.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Rocketron,
I looked up the part, it's LOSA3320, is it a direct fit, bearings, spacers, pulleys and all? no modification necessary? Thanks!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Rocketron,
I looked up the part, it's LOSA3320, is it a direct fit, bearings, spacers, pulleys and all? no modification necessary? Thanks!
Direct fit, I did the mod, so I know as well. Just get the shaft and swap it out.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Nice work Schreff, 2 for 2 is not bad at all!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigemike
you servo tape the battery in and there is no movement, as long as everything is cvlean when you attach them it is not a problem. We clean every plate before they go out. Even with just the strapping tape it holds very nice.
Have you tested this with the orion 4800? I can't see it fitting, with the factory plate the 4800 just fits on the rear bulkheads, without the recess I can not see it fitting, nor any other ROAR spec battery.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

can't fit Orion 3600
Old 02-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Mike Haynes: I tired your setup that you posted before and the car was flat dialed. What's your procedure for traction compound? Are you cleaning your tires after every run? With what? How long are you putting the traction compound on there and how long before the race are you removing it?

Also, are you gluing the outside bead on the fronts at all? Does your car lift or have a tendency to want to traction roll if you drive it too hard?

thanks in advance,

-Benson Rice-
Old 02-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Mike Haynes wins at the Birds????? WTF???? what's this world coming to?

good job buddy,

I'll give ya a call soon to catch up.

Nice job Larry and Schreff. You guys definitely represented the area well!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Larry and Jason:
Can you guys post your foam setups from the Snowbirds?
thanks

-Benson Rice-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.