Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where does everyone post these outdoor setups? Ive looked on Hodge's site and Losi's site with no luck. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey Pete I thinks u maybe able to use the X-rays ones, I hears they well
fit the losi
Old 10-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdougie
Where does everyone post these outdoor setups? Ive looked on Hodge's site and Losi's site with no luck. Thanks!
look here towards the bottom of the page

http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4620
Old 10-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vicko
Hey Pete I thinks u maybe able to use the X-rays ones, I hears they well
fit the losi
Has anyone tried this? I'd love to have a more solid car as the walls tent to reach out and collect my car often .
Old 10-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PeteB
Does anyone know if Alu C hubs are available? or if they will be?

I keep on breaking them, and with very little cause. My previous car could withstand the greatest of hits, sometimes cartwheeling across the track. I keep a spare of everything, but yesterday I busted the right 4deg C hub twice, once in practice and then again in the first heat, a very disappointing finish to my day, especially when I spent $600 on new gear and parts the week before and travelled 500mi to be there, and didnt get to line up for the final.

seriously I didnt even notice the impact, no other cars around... go around a corner and then theres a wheel missing. I must have hit the boards, but if I did it would have been so softly...the car didnt flip, spin, change direction after the impact or anything to indicate that I hit something...

Maybe I got one made from the same batch of composite that the original arms were made from.

its just so disappointing to spend so much money, on gear, travel, accomodation, etc then to have a $3 plastic part break and put an end to the day...

OK, rant over, feeling better now.

Have you tried using the graphite ones instead?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I didn't think they made anything BUT graphite parts. Now I'm worried .
Old 10-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I didn't think they made anything BUT graphite parts. Now I'm worried .
Type R plastic parts are all EA3 composite, you can get the Graphite c hubs and rear hubs from the old car still made in graphite. The hubs have been the same since the XXXS, C hubs and rear hubs. It has only been the arms that drastically changed from each of the cars.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just got my type r (Moving from Xray to losi, since everyone drive Xray now) and I have been reading through this tread and I am a bit confused for rubber tire setup. Our club just changed from foam to rubber for this years season. I was wondering what is a good starting point for 19/10 turn mod racing or would you just go with the kit suggestions?

Thanks
Chris
Old 10-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Good call, i use the graphite c blocks, everything else in ea3...if you brake it will likely be the knuckle then....i'd prefer to brake knuckles, as they usually are the part to wear out from wrenching or crashing.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Lord

Setups: http://team-spoon.bravehost.com/

The petitrc site is a good source, too. We could definitely use a single repository for setups, though.

The graphite C-Hubs do seem tougher than EA3. I haven't broken one since switching.

Since they've been the same since the XXX-S was around, has anybody made an aluminum version in all this time?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

i think trinity made some red anodized "matt francis" castor blocks. the xxx-s blocks weren't exactly the same though. they didn't have the chamfered edges for spring clearance and the steering knuckles that came packaged with them only had one ball stud position. i think all the changes made were a running revision though, so whatevers out there should be current.

don't do aluminum though, you'll just break something else probably more expensive.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

ive tracked down some XXXS caster blocks, and they look identical. These had better last a bit longer.

cclifton, Please can you check to see if your xray C hubs will fit onto your type R...

don't do aluminum though, you'll just break something else probably more expensive.
aluminum - here I come... I have plenty of knuckels and arms, at least they are a bit thicker and stronger...

thanks guys for the input and suggestions, I am so glad that no-one said "learn how to drive and keep off the boards..." or something else dead set stupid, 'cause thats what the idiot sales clerk in the LHS said and I blew my top and went right off at him...

Pete
Old 10-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

did u tell the sales guys if we all stop hitting stuff
he would be out of busness, cause he would have nothing to sell to anyone
Old 10-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Aluminum parts

Here is a link for some XXX-S aluminum parts. Remember the knuckles and the carriers are the only parts compatible with the type r. I've had very little breakage with my spindles. I've broken a few arms but no hubs or carriers. As Mike said I've had to change some knuckles out due to wear on the car from driving and wrenching but no major issues.

Adios,
C

http://www.asiatees.com/model.php?br...el=XXX-S&pid=1
Old 10-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The problem with the aluminum c blocks is that they are 0 caster...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.