Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oh well, whatever! Will still want for version 2 to come out. Can't do much tuning if the car can't last the practice session. Espcially with me driving it! lol
Old 04-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by duckman996
WOW - you guys from overseas are a little dramatic...

Yes, if you hit stuff - the car will break. Any car will - and should Losi look into this... to make sure it's not faulty material - YES. But to DEMAND that they replace arms free of charge... are you kidding????
Hi Duckman
Don't think I don't think I used the word 'DEMAND' just I think out of curtisy they should, as they have done before with the XXX-4 when it first came out.
Malc
Old 04-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

If you are prone to hitting things, get the upgraded bumper - if you are not prone to hitting things, you won't need it.
As I mentioned, I did hit the car hard, but only coz the guy did not call it when he crashed, and unfortunately hit him at about half throtel
Malc
Old 04-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

WOW - you guys from overseas are a little dramatic...

Yes, if you hit stuff - the car will break. Any car will - and should Losi look into this... to make sure it's not faulty material - YES. But to DEMAND that they replace arms free of charge... are you kidding????

If you are prone to hitting things, get the upgraded bumper - if you are not prone to hitting things, you won't need it.

From a design and overall construction, the car is an excellent piece of engineering. Designed to be a race car. On race cars, if you hit stuff, they break - period. If you refuse to get a bumper for the car because you believe it should have come in the kit, that is your choice - however, don't complain when you break the car after you "lightly tap" the boards.

The Type R is new... much like any other TC, it will evolve now that it has landed in the hands of normal racers that will put the car through various tests through both good-and-bad driving. Upgrading a $10 part to make the car more durable is not too much to ask.
THREAD HIJACK: BUY AN XRAY IT DONT HAPPEN!!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

There are a few Type-R's at the Stock Rubber Nationals this weekend. I know Brian Lutz and Josh Hohnstein are running them. I think they are both in the top 5.

Check out Live RC to view live scoring and checkout Trackside Rubber Tire Nats.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I just had a little flashback from reading one of Malc's posts..

at the carpet nats, I rear ended Mike McBride on the strait.. full nut.. I hit him at mid strait and my car ended up off the track, at the end of the strait. No broken parts.. Might have been one of the hardest collisions i have seen in a long time..

why did it happen? I didnt hear the announcer say I was done.. so I was going for another lap... Mike was just comming to a stop.

KB
Old 04-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
I just had a little flashback from reading one of Malc's posts..

at the carpet nats, I rear ended Mike McBride on the strait.. full nut.. I hit him at mid strait and my car ended up off the track, at the end of the strait. No broken parts.. Might have been one of the hardest collisions i have seen in a long time..

why did it happen? I didnt hear the announcer say I was done.. so I was going for another lap... Mike was just comming to a stop.

KB

HACKER!!!!!!

Brant
Old 04-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Heres what left of my front left wishbone and diff out put

sorry the pics arent great

take notice of the white mark in the arm, it is something in the molding. there is a smaller mark on the opposite side too.

i'll try and get better pics later

Hamster
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dsc00038.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dsc00040.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dsc00042.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dsc00043.jpg  
Old 04-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
There are a few Type-R's at the Stock Rubber Nationals this weekend. I know Brian Lutz and Josh Hohnstein are running them. I think they are both in the top 5.
Looks like Brian Lutz is currently TQ. I wonder if he's using a diff? The one-way isn't available to the common folk just yet.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Can some one tell me if the new pulley #LOSA3325 will work on the "R"?
Old 04-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AndyV
Can some one tell me if the new pulley #LOSA3325 will work on the "R"?

You will have to either enlarge the center hole or very gently pry out the pads and place them in your new pulley. Be VERY carefull and gently work around the pads with a thin blade or screwdriver as those pads are VERY brittle.

Brant
Old 04-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vabroom
Then I guess Horizon needs to use Pop Losi's stiffel (forgot what he called it) material.
Stiffezel (as in 'stiff-as-hell'). Ah, the good old days....
Old 04-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Looks like Brian Lutz is currently TQ. I wonder if he's using a diff? The one-way isn't available to the common folk just yet.
Brians car looked great(with a one way) he qualified 3rd and has one win and a second.....its a heads up best 4 out of 6 format (like the reedy)
I qualified 4th (1.5 sec behind brian) also with a oneway......so 2 losi cars in the top 5 is pretty good.

I've had 4 people tell me this losi car changes directions faster than all the other cars....and all three of the type-r's look great on the track.

All I can tell you guys is this car will win alot of races....any surface....any tire
Old 04-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh H
Brians car looked great(with a one way) he qualified 3rd and has one win and a second.....its a heads up best 4 out of 6 format (like the reedy)
I qualified 4th (1.5 sec behind brian) also with a oneway......so 2 losi cars in the top 5 is pretty good.

I've had 4 people tell me this losi car changes directions faster than all the other cars....and all three of the type-r's look great on the track.

All I can tell you guys is this car will win alot of races....any surface....any tire
Congratulations on the great showing so far. Thanks for the update!
Old 04-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mi2dude
THREAD HIJACK: BUY AN XRAY IT DONT HAPPEN!!!!
TAKING THE THREAD BACK... had an XRay '007 - I was slower with it - AND I broke a front arm, C-hub and stearing knuckle in the first 5 mins of running the car. Every car breaks if you hit stuff. If you said buy an XRay T1 with Pivot-ball suspension - then I would understand... but I can assume you mean the '007.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.