Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 429racer
It might be two weeks till you get to race it . I love the car, but if these bumper mods don't fix it, then I will sell it and go back to my RDX.

Can you guys post any close up pics of the broken pieces? So I can see exactly where they seem to be breaking? Front and rear.

Brant
Old 04-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I love this car....

So far so-good with the Parma bumper. Yesterday in practice I had some pretty hard hits - including some "grazes" that broke the front arms in last practice with the standard bumper and knock-on-wood, no problems.

We'll see tomorrow in a race situation how the car holds-up.

As for my impression on this car, the car transitions so well compared to my last two cars (side battery on both). I also feel very confident driving the car as it is pretty easy to make corrections mid-turn with it. I can't wait to see how this car and my driving stacks-up against some of the local fast guys.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here you go pook, remains of my rear arm...

I wasn't actually driving the car at the time (i'd lent it to someone to try), but apparently the tap wasn't very hard.
My thoughts on that breakage is that the front section gave way first, taking the rear bit with it (the material outside the outer pin hole is lost..)
On close inspection, it looks like there is a small hole inside the material where it has broken... that screams to me manufacturing fault, rather than a material issue. Any void inside the material at that critical point is going to massively weaken the arm.
Still crap all the same... I'm not running the car again until I can get a full set of spare arms, and front's are like gold dust at the moment.

And I still don't see a reason why I should HAVE to buy a stiffer front bumper to help make the car reliable, this sort of stuff should be sorted before release...
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dscf0080.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dscf0083.jpg  
Old 04-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

I see what you mean. It looks also like as soon as the front pin area broke then the back part easily blew out from the stress.

Is everybody else breaking these arms from the area around the small outter pins? I know the rear arm Yeti broke was in the same area around the smaller pin.

Brant
Old 04-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Airight guys! I'm off to the store to get some metal. I will fab up some support brackets tonight and see what I can do with them. I have looked it over and measured pretty well and I think we can get a fix. I will hopfully have some pics up tomorrow.

Brant
Old 04-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
Here you go pook, remains of my rear arm...

I wasn't actually driving the car at the time (i'd lent it to someone to try), but apparently the tap wasn't very hard.
My thoughts on that breakage is that the front section gave way first, taking the rear bit with it (the material outside the outer pin hole is lost..)
On close inspection, it looks like there is a small hole inside the material where it has broken... that screams to me manufacturing fault, rather than a material issue. Any void inside the material at that critical point is going to massively weaken the arm.
Still crap all the same... I'm not running the car again until I can get a full set of spare arms, and front's are like gold dust at the moment.

And I still don't see a reason why I should HAVE to buy a stiffer front bumper to help make the car reliable, this sort of stuff should be sorted before release...
Hey Edd, on close inspection on your nails, you could do with a manicure dude, after using white paint
I agree whole heartedly, this ongoing problem needs to be addressed sooner rather than later or the car will suffer sales. I wish now I have kept my broken one to take a pic, but I was soooo p***d off with braking it I threw i away in the bin (sorry Pooks, trash can to you ) I certainly wont be buying a bumper, as the car has taken all this time to raise it self from the depths. Thers an old saying, 'P revention is better than cure' so come Losi get it sorted please and do what you did with the XXX-4 when it came out, REVISE THOSE ARMS PLEASE
Old 04-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by POOKYT
I see what you mean. It looks also like as soon as the front pin area broke then the back part easily blew out from the stress.

Is everybody else breaking these arms from the area around the small outter pins? I know the rear arm Yeti broke was in the same area around the smaller pin.

Brant
Pooks, when I broke mine it was a hard hit but it seems to be TOO many peeps are suffering from the same thing. I appreciate a short fix but the problem is from the manufacturing, so that is where the fix should be, and surely it cant take all that long to sort either the tooling or the make-up of the material. I suggest that Losi pulls all the stock and sorts it ASAP, as peeps will start losing confidence in the car and will shelve it. There needs to be a big wig to come on here and assure us that its being addressed as we speak, and that everyone that has purchased a kit and the after sales ones will have them replaced free of charge, Losi needs to get on the PR soap box and say we 'R' sorting it.
Malc
Old 04-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Somebody wake me up when version 2 of the front and rear arms are out. Seems Horizon's (no longer Losi) QC department is at it again. Got my type r 3 weeks ago. Haven't even open it up after reading the problems with the arms. Did got a 007EU for outside play. Keeping type r for carpet.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hey Edd, on close inspection on your nails, you could do with a manicure dude, after using white paint
I agree whole heartedly, this ongoing problem needs to be addressed sooner rather than later or the car will suffer sales. I wish now I have kept my broken one to take a pic, but I was soooo p***d off with braking it I threw i away in the bin (sorry Pooks, trash can to you ) I certainly wont be buying a bumper, as the car has taken all this time to raise it self from the depths. Thers an old saying, 'P revention is better than cure' so come Losi get it sorted please and do what you did with the XXX-4 when it came out, REVISE THOSE ARMS PLEASE
it's primer malc, doing a bad job of fixing up a little plastic part on my big car... already fixed the exhaust and given it a wash today... now onto the first coat of paint.

Ed
Old 04-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

WOW - you guys from overseas are a little dramatic...

Yes, if you hit stuff - the car will break. Any car will - and should Losi look into this... to make sure it's not faulty material - YES. But to DEMAND that they replace arms free of charge... are you kidding????

If you are prone to hitting things, get the upgraded bumper - if you are not prone to hitting things, you won't need it.

From a design and overall construction, the car is an excellent piece of engineering. Designed to be a race car. On race cars, if you hit stuff, they break - period. If you refuse to get a bumper for the car because you believe it should have come in the kit, that is your choice - however, don't complain when you break the car after you "lightly tap" the boards.

The Type R is new... much like any other TC, it will evolve now that it has landed in the hands of normal racers that will put the car through various tests through both good-and-bad driving. Upgrading a $10 part to make the car more durable is not too much to ask.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Airight guys! I'm off to the store to get some metal. I will fab up some support brackets tonight and see what I can do with them. I have looked it over and measured pretty well and I think we can get a fix. I will hopfully have some pics up tomorrow.

Brant
I like the thinking... might get hold of some thin carbon sheet (which I can get easily and FOC) and make up some brackets to epoxy onto the arms.

Ed
Old 04-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe the design is sound. It seems the problem is with the arms are a bad batch of material, probably too much or not enough of one ingredient. EA3 breakage on the XXX-CR seems to be minimal.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vabroom
EA3 breakage on the XXX-CR seems to be minimal.
This is not the case at our track. Guys are breaking chassis's and other bits on that car.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Then I guess Horizon needs to use Pop Losi's stiffel (forgot what he called it) material.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:52 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by vabroom
I believe the design is sound. It seems the problem is with the arms are a bad batch of material, probably too much or not enough of one ingredient. EA3 breakage on the XXX-CR seems to be minimal.
I disagree. I see it the other way. It's the design and not the material. Last year when the XXXCR was released midsummer. I never saw any chassis breaks. I went 3 mo. till' the season ended. Only broke 1 front arm. I saw many other CR's with no problems. For the most part I think that car is durable.
As for the Type R. They just need to beef up the arm. Square the edges, fill in some of the recesses, and put more meat on the outer hinge pin. Just like the short arm. Compare the two and you'll see the diff.

Last edited by Dasupacat1; 04-14-2007 at 12:44 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.