Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This car Sus. arm easy broke ?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Joined the broken wishbone club today, front left broke
in the same position as the pictures show, after a slow crash
in to barriers.

Two issues wishbones need to be make thicker in sone places
and the EA3 material is too flexible for TC wishbones.

I have seen this type of material used years ago which has a white
rod of different material running through the middle, they dont use
it any more.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:59 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Man if a company would make aftermarket arms that where tough man would they make some serious amounts of cash quickly. Might make more money than winning the lottery.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

There will be an arm shortage once stilinlst starts running the car.Better buy them before the weekend.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ran the car today for it's first official race day. Finished the qualifiers by putting the Type-R 3rd in the A-main, only 3-tenths behind a local fast-guy that actually won the race today, and 1-second off a fully sponsored driver - THE CAR IS AWESOME, and I guess I drove well today as well.

Anyway, with the Parma bumper the car survived all three qualifiers (well 2 and a half do to me being a tool and not setting droop properly in the 1st qualifier) without any problems. A couple taps... a couple hard hits and no problems.

I did break a rear arm thanks to someone deciding my car looked better in the boards at the end of the straightway rather then letting me have the inside line which was earned when I passed him on the straight - which was at full tilt. Oh-well - such is racing.

I can say that after owning pretty much all the 1/10 TC's on the market, this car rotates and transitions so well, and it carries amazing corner speed which allows for not only fast laps - the car is easy to drive consistently. I am glad that I got this car for sure. I even let another local hotshoe try the car and he was really impressed with how well it rotated in the corners... He's one of the top 1/12 drivers in the area - and currently drives a brand-X... it looks like he'll be switching soon.

Losi, you have a happy customer for sure up here in the Great White North. Although some are complaining about the arms being fragile - it may just be a bad batch, or some drivers that feel that the race car needs to be able to take the impact of driving into the boards at full-tilt -

Either-way - I am so glad I sold my other TC's and bought this.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duckman996
Ran the car today for it's first official race day. Finished the qualifiers by putting the Type-R 3rd in the A-main, only 3-tenths behind a local fast-guy that actually won the race today, and 1-second off a fully sponsored driver - THE CAR IS AWESOME, and I guess I drove well today as well.

Anyway, with the Parma bumper the car survived all three qualifiers (well 2 and a half do to me being a tool and not setting droop properly in the 1st qualifier) without any problems. A couple taps... a couple hard hits and no problems.

I did break a rear arm thanks to someone deciding my car looked better in the boards at the end of the straightway rather then letting me have the inside line which was earned when I passed him on the straight - which was at full tilt. Oh-well - such is racing.

I can say that after owning pretty much all the 1/10 TC's on the market, this car rotates and transitions so well, and it carries amazing corner speed which allows for not only fast laps - the car is easy to drive consistently. I am glad that I got this car for sure. I even let another local hotshoe try the car and he was really impressed with how well it rotated in the corners... He's one of the top 1/12 drivers in the area - and currently drives a brand-X... it looks like he'll be switching soon.

Losi, you have a happy customer for sure up here in the Great White North. Although some are complaining about the arms being fragile - it may just be a bad batch, or some drivers that feel that the race car needs to be able to take the impact of driving into the boards at full-tilt -

Old 04-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

...or some drivers that feel that the race car needs to be able to take the impact of driving into the boards at full-tilt - ...

i don't think anyone really expects that. there's a difference between a "full-tilt" crash and a low speed tap.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I too had another great outing with the car, and no broken parts. I did "break" in the main by catching a flapper charging for the lead in the last 30 seconds, but all that happened is a shock retainer came off.

I've been making subtle changes to the kit setup to help the car rotate better, and had some good luck going to 6 degree hubs, 2mm up in the front, and 20 lb. springs in the rear. Stiffening the rear just a bit really brought things to life. I'm going to experiment with diff height Tuesday.

I did have a scary incident where I got broad sided by someone that drove through the turn after I passed them, and it knocked my GTB loose since it hangs over the edge on that side. I've seen some guys mount the GTB on its side, but it seems kind of goofy since it doesn't really have a nice flat edge. I may experiment with the Genius 95 or LRP if I end up having to replace this ESC from a side impact.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone point me to a good place to buy one of these online, cheaper the better, not sure what the going low price is for these. My LHS doesn't carry any on-road stuff right now so I have to look online. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 04-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Your car looked really good in the heats, but you were definitely hosed in the mains, eh.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Just curious, how many hits happened before the hit finally broke the car?
Old 04-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Carey
Your car looked really good in the heats, but you were definitely hosed in the mains, eh.
Yeah - thems the breaks - oh well. The car was really fun to drive which made it so much easier. Take the plunge Johnny - get the Type R... it is so much smoother to drive then the other car you are thinking about.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Check my signature, I cant. I want my PHI!!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

BTW, we missed you in the 12th scale main.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Carey
BTW, we missed you in the 12th scale main.
Next time...

BTW - look forward to seeing the PHI - now get out of the LOSI thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.