Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Hi Fred,

When you have the front of the car facing away from you, you should be able to hold the left rear tire and spur gear at the same time, then try and rotate the right rear tire. This should barely slip. If you do the opposite, the left tire should slip more so than the right side. On the diff hub the diff ring is keyed by the D-ring. On the diff tube side the diff ring is intended to slip on the brass washer to act as a slipper for you diff. This increases diff life immensely. We have run this setup in mod a lot and it has worked great giving greater diff life to our cars.
thats pretty firggin cool.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 429racer
Well guys had a good outing today with the car. I put on the P-Dub and BRP lower bumper brace on there and held the car together really well. I did break one front arm due to smacking a corner in a sweeper that was sticking out. Broke out of my slump and turned the fastest lap of the day and maybe track. Car was reeally consistent. Thanks to JLand for working with me on some issues.
I had the exact same thing happen (in the front) on a relatively minor incident. I can't figure out how it managed to work its way off.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Well guys had a good outing today with the car. I put on the P-Dub and BRP lower bumper brace on there and held the car together really well. I did break one front arm due to smacking a corner in a sweeper that was sticking out. Broke out of my slump and turned the fastest lap of the day and maybe track. Car was reeally consistent. Thanks to JLand for working with me on some issues.
I think you probably helped me more Brian..Yeh, it was great to be back racing after a 6 month lay off . I am really happy with the type-r. Both of our cars really looked hooked up today. And I think you only got the fast lap by .003 sec..lol. It was the first of many 1,2, finishes Now we will have to get the rubber tyre, carpet set-up worked out.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jland
I think you probably helped me more Brian..Yeh, it was great to be back racing after a 6 month lay off . I am really happy with the type-r. Both of our cars really looked hooked up today. And I think you only got the fast lap by .003 sec..lol. It was the first of many 1,2, finishes Now we will have to get the rubber tyre, carpet set-up worked out.
That was because you were following me ! Yeah I look forward to running rubber tires. I think we will have to use Paragon for rubber tires as that is the only compound they will allow us to run. I wonder if Traction Action or Track Effects would be better for rubber tires? Anyone have any input? I have only used Jack the Gripper before with rubber tires, but never Paragon products. Anyone also use a spool for rubber tires on carpet and had good-luck or just run the regular diff?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
so I guess I missed the Losi press release where Stlnlst switched to the Type R?!?!? you mean the former Schumacher/Xray sponsored driver is driving a Losi?!? I think I still have his cell #, time to do some harassment today
TODD NEEDS TO GET GOING ON THAT PRESS RELEASE.....

Russ- I thought I was your assigned rookie

Car was awesome to drive. Tons of on power steering. I ran the car using todds nats set up minus the 10.5 rear springs (only had 12.5) I first ran the car with the jr link and the car was fine but needed a little more off power steering. My buddy Dominic gave me the parts needed to run a regular set up without the jr link. The car didn't seem to have the same amount of on power steering but the laptimes proved that the change was for the better. BUTTER BABY!!! I think that I will stay with the regular link since it's very difficult to make camber adjustments using the jr link. Working together with my boy Dominic will be awesome this season in our area.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Yeti35: Well this weekend I ran the car for the first time, and first time running in 19T. Since my hobby store didnt have any 10.5 lb springs, I put the 15lb spring front and rear. The setup is really nice with that. I fooled around with the droop alittle, and found 2mm front and 3mm rear, was pretty good. I also rose the rear roll center, instead of having it in the low position. This helped keep the car turn easier into the turn and keep it more stable.
I hope this helps. Im still trying to figure some stuff out.
And plus, I never broke an a-arm all weekend. I only cracked a steering nuckle. So no problem breaking arms. Just keep it off the walls. lol

Chris
Old 04-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am a little miffed at Losi. TO think that I can pay $420 for a car and not even get sway bars is cheasy, any way my question is to Todd or who ever at losi: When will losi offer graphite replacement arms? I mean if you even look cross eyed at these type R arms they break. I have ran the jrx-s for two years now on the same set of arms, today I try out the type-R and nick a wall one time and snap. What a joke! You can never run a effective race if you even so much as look at the car wrong and the arm falls off.

What I want to know also is with all the arms breaking will losi send new ones to the guys that paid big money for a kit with crap arms and now have to buy new crap arms. I want graphite! EA3 is crap always has been, the guys last year out doors hated the EA3 arms for their buggies......

Come on guys $420 for a new car that was delayed and delayed and we still get dog crap for arms....

what say you!
Old 04-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by airborn
I am a little miffed at Losi. TO think that I can pay $420 for a car and not even get sway bars is cheasy, any way my question is to Todd or who ever at losi: When will losi offer graphite replacement arms? I mean if you even look cross eyed at these type R arms they break. I have ran the jrx-s for two years now on the same set of arms, today I try out the type-R and nick a wall one time and snap. What a joke! You can never run a effective race if you even so much as look at the car wrong and the arm falls off.

What I want to know also is with all the arms breaking will losi send new ones to the guys that paid big money for a kit with crap arms and now have to buy new crap arms. I want graphite! EA3 is crap always has been, the guys last year out doors hated the EA3 arms for their buggies......

Come on guys $420 for a new car that was delayed and delayed and we still get dog crap for arms....

what say you!
$420 is a little cheaper than I paid for mine at the hobby store. Mine was $439 plus 5% sales tax. I have been using the cheaper arms ( http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSA1217 ) and these have been a little better than the EA3 arms I used. $11.00 for arms that are almost a guarantee bust or $7.50 for a possible bust. I will not spend the money for the EA3 arms till I am guaranteed these are better than the cheaper arms. I will say this though, running a stiffer front bumper helps dramatically.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by airborn

what say you!
I can't believe you broke it. You've been dialed with the S. How was the track Ken and I put down? Maybe it's our fault. How did it handle for you? Mine wasn't bad out of the box. My tires are shot, so it's a little log wagon-ish. New shoes and I'd be a lot better.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

I will say this though, running a stiffer front bumper helps dramatically.

Yeah I run the parma hard bumper, I have put way to much $ in this thing thinking hey I love the S the R must be better, just to have the diffes have one bearing in them and not on the load side that is left up to plastic rideing on alum, then have a compleatly standard screw car from a american company, with, get this, metric wheele lugs? With such a great car as the JRX-S is I should have never steped down, er up.

When are the graphite arms comming? I need to put yet another $15 in to this thing.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sportpak
I can't believe you broke it. You've been dialed with the S. How was the track Ken and I put down? Maybe it's our fault. How did it handle for you? Mine wasn't bad out of the box. My tires are shot, so it's a little log wagon-ish. New shoes and I'd be a lot better.
I wouldent say its a hole lot better than the S but then again I only put one batt through it, I did however make a few changes while testing with that one batt. I will say this I can see a lot of potencial for it, if the arm strenght is adressed.

You guys put together a tight track, which will be interesting with 8 cars for 500 laps..... I learned it fast and never hit any thing untill one brush with a corner in the infeild, and it wasnt even a hard one. I just could not believe it broke, I think my 5year old son cold have picked the car up wrong and broke it.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whoa, $440? speedtech sells it for $70 less.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:31 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Airborn
Wasup buddy. Nice to see you in the forums.
I don't think it's the material. It's the design of the arm. Just look at how much more meat the short arms have. If they make this thing out of graphite it will still break. I don't think the EA3 is bad stuff. EA3 has more flex than graphite so it will be more forgiving. I think it's funny how all these offroad guys complain about breaking parts. I sure have put my CR through many flippin tumbles. I only broke one front arm last season in offroad.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ran my car on asphalt for the first time today. I just put a bench setup on it to try and make a good setup for myself. Car wasn't good at first. But by the main it was the fastest car qualified 2nd and I won. The car still has a lot more in it. Schreff also had his car working good. He Tqed and finished 2nd but in the main he forgot there are no jumps in onroad, and launched his car off a berm. We are running completlely differnt setups and both cars were fast. THe traction was med high bite, smooth, permanent asphalt track.

I love not having chatter with the spool, that is dialed.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Ran my car on asphalt for the first time today. I just put a bench setup on it to try and make a good setup for myself. Car wasn't good at first. But by the main it was the fastest car qualified 2nd and I won. The car still has a lot more in it. Schreff also had his car working good. He Tqed and finished 2nd but in the main he forgot there are no jumps in onroad, and launched his car off a berm. We are running completlely differnt setups and both cars were fast. THe traction was med high bite, smooth, permanent asphalt track.

I love not having chatter with the spool, that is dialed.
Larry, are you and Schreff going to the big stock race this weekend? Anybody going to represent with the R in the invitational class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.