Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 08:00 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Ran my car on asphalt for the first time today. I just put a bench setup on it to try and make a good setup for myself. Car wasn't good at first. But by the main it was the fastest car qualified 2nd and I won. The car still has a lot more in it. Schreff also had his car working good. He Tqed and finished 2nd but in the main he forgot there are no jumps in onroad, and launched his car off a berm. We are running completlely differnt setups and both cars were fast. THe traction was med high bite, smooth, permanent asphalt track.

I love not having chatter with the spool, that is dialed.
You guys run at Jackson?
Old 04-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I ran the car today at legal weight, and did quite well, but it definitely doesn't transition as quickly with the extra 5.5oz. I have to really drive to get the good lap times. When the car was lighter, I could correct more quickly/easily if I took a bad line without losing much time. That's probably a good thing for learning disciplined driving.

I'm not thrilled about having all that weight on top of the battery, the car felt a little bit tippy. Our local superstar machinist is supposed to come through with a weighted LiPo tray soon.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I ran the car today at legal weight, and did quite well, but it definitely doesn't transition as quickly with the extra 5.5oz. I have to really drive to get the good lap times. When the car was lighter, I could correct more quickly/easily if I took a bad line without losing much time. That's probably a good thing for learning disciplined driving.

I'm not thrilled about having all that weight on top of the battery, the car felt a little bit tippy. Our local superstar machinist is supposed to come through with a weighted LiPo tray soon.
Would stiffer springs or lighter oil correct it?
Old 04-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Possibly, I'm going to mess with it more Tuesday. Sydor was truing, rebrushing and repeaking until the last second every round to try and hang with the 13.5's, and it was close, so I didn't want to mess with too much. It was like the Snowbirds in his pits today with all the work he was doing. He threw his old brushes at me after each round and made disparaging remarks about my motor.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Possibly, I'm going to mess with it more Tuesday. Sydor was truing, rebrushing and repeaking until the last second every round to try and hang with the 13.5's, and it was close, so I didn't want to mess with too much. It was like the Snowbirds in his pits today with all the work he was doing. He threw his old brushes at me after each round and made disparaging remarks about my motor.

did you beat him ?
Old 04-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by wallstreet
did you beat him ?
Yea. I followed him closely for the first three minutes waiting for a mistake, but he ended up getting a body tuck passing lapped traffic, which is weird because nobody saw anybody touch him. It ended up not being close, which was a shame, it was a good battle leading up to that. He'll be out for blood on Tuesday I'm sure, warming up for the big race this weekend.

I'm a big fan of brushless and LiPo, but it definitely does make the brushed guys have to work a LOT harder to keep up, which I feel guilty about. He says he's happy to have people push him locally since it will help him practice for big races, so that's cool, I like that attitude. I wouldn't have a chance with a brushed motor if I had to tune it, so the brushless helps close the gap. That's gotta be more fun for guys that travel than driving circles around us every club night.

I've been intentionally keeping the 13.5 off by a tooth or two, and keeping the car at weight to keep it as fair as possible.

The R truly is a great BL/LiPo car, which is what I'd hoped for. It's WAY more balanced overall than my RDX ever was.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Come on X, get a Type R and join us. :-) I've got like 8 packages of spare arms, I'll spot you one and loan you my spare 13.5.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Sydors awesome, hes a great guy and hes worked very hard on his game over the last year. Hes my pick for the open division this comming weekend. And i bet he out qualifys a few of the "invite" guys
Old 04-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Sydors awesome, hes a great guy and hes worked very hard on his game over the last year. Hes my pick for the open division this comming weekend. And i bet he out qualifys a few of the "invite" guys
Ya, I agree, he's been a very cool guy to race with each week. He made some B's this year, so he's creeping up there. Hopefully he'll qualify for an invite next year. I'm glad to hear he's someone's pick, I hope he represents KC well! :-)
Old 04-22-2007, 09:00 PM
The Evicerator

Anyone here know where I can find some high-quality tupperware...?
Old 04-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Anyone here know where I can find some high-quality tupperware...?
Isn't that comment supposed to be in the Road Rail thread?
Old 04-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Come on X, get a Type R and join us. :-) I've got like 8 packages of spare arms, I'll spot you one and loan you my spare 13.5.
I'll get one this winter I'm getting an off road to do some dirt.
If you guys do some 4300 or mod on some Saturdays let me know.
I'll try to get some Sundays off to.

I stop in here from time to time. Those Losis are flipping dialed.
Never seen so much corner speed.
See you around.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi todd,

with the brass plate there, does it also contribute to making a spool set-up (using spool pads) also slip? i made use of the old losi spool pads, took out the diff balls and built it like a normal diff but cranked down on the bolt to lock it bieng carefull not to tighten too much to strip the plastic outdrive that the diff blot secures itself onto. actually, in the first attempt, i already stripped the outdrive .. good thing i had a spare. anyway, 2nd attempt and i just still couldnt seem to really lock down the spool. it has way too much slippage to make it work like a spool. any tighter and i might end up stripping the outrive again. any tips? i really need a spool to get my car to work as i want it to.

any news if there will be a real, fulltime spool out for the type-r?

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Hi Fred,

When you have the front of the car facing away from you, you should be able to hold the left rear tire and spur gear at the same time, then try and rotate the right rear tire. This should barely slip. If you do the opposite, the left tire should slip more so than the right side. On the diff hub the diff ring is keyed by the D-ring. On the diff tube side the diff ring is intended to slip on the brass washer to act as a slipper for you diff. This increases diff life immensely. We have run this setup in mod a lot and it has worked great giving greater diff life to our cars.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:49 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone been able to find any of the 20mm fans? Here in the UK i cant find any as of yet

Also, what voltage rates do these fans come in please?

Thanks, John

Last edited by Grindog001; 04-23-2007 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Grindog001 not sure why you want 20mm fans, but if you PM i can tell you a place to get the 25mm fans needed for the car, they screw straight in to the holes in the motor mount

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.