Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone have a baseline setup for speedworld in norcal. Hopefully someone that is running mod looking for a pretty detailed setup.

Thanks
Old 05-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Anyone have a baseline setup for speedworld in norcal. Hopefully someone that is running mod looking for a pretty detailed setup.

Thanks
If you look back a few posts you will find Jason Moberlys setup from the Reedy Race warmup last weekend at Speedworld..I heard his car was very good....I am starting with this for the Reedy...Post #5813
Old 05-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PartTime

Was there a problem with belts in early kits or somthing? Or is this just the way it is? Is there a replacement belt for it or maybe a yok belt or somthing?
thanks
dk
One thing that is not real evident by the setup sheet where the diff tension is set front and rear. When looking at the right side of the car, the front tension notch will point toward the front of the car for position 8, and the rear the notch will point the opposite direction toward the rear of the car. Looking at the setup sheet, its easy to think they should point the same direction. This is explained on p27 of the manual where the front of the car is actually reversed from the setup sheet.

Also, the newer belts are a bit looser and more free wheeling, but not alot. There was a running change in belt material type.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot

Thanks

you may bookmark this!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
Thats the thing with message boards, its easy to take something wrong in words...just trying to help...

I have to assume that something is built incorrectly because I have helped many with this problem and they were all built wrong... recheck the cams if they are in the 8 or 16 spot then the belt is not too tight...a couple times the guy thought it was too tight because they are used to TCs that have smaller pulleys and softer belts...that can fool you into thinking they are too tight...

one-way: mine fits perfectly with one stock shim on each side...maybe you have placed the gear on the wrong side of the oneway...also, make sure you dont overtighten the oneway screws to prevent warping...use a LITTLE blue threadlock on them...

good luck man
The one way is centered in the chasis, its the pulley on the unit that is out of round. I didnt over tighten the screws but theres no way for the hub to key into the pulley and make it run true.

Its not that the belt is too tight, maybe, its more of the TON of drag it has. I can spin the drive line with rubber tires and it stops the second I stop. I pushed it on the floor and what should have rolled a few feet, it rolled a couple of inch's. I have had a couple of belt cars and all needed some attetion to free up the drive train but this car is down right wrong. My pro 2 would spin longer with foam tires on it than this car with rubber. Way longer.

The last race it looked really slow coming off the corners. Now I know why. Just have to figure out a way to free it up.

I have played with the diff adjusters and know there built right. Guess I will try and hunt down a little longer belt.

I didnt have this much drag with the diff. Do they use a diffrent size pulley for the one way and spool?

DK
Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Do you see a UG or UK printed on the belt someplace?

If you put the oneway up next to the diff and align the pulleys do the outdrives line up as much as possible?

If you have a picture of the car please share it with us. As you know, a picture is worth 1000 words.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The one way is centered in the chasis, its the pulley on the unit that is out of round. I didnt over tighten the screws but theres no way for the hub to key into the pulley and make it run true.

Its not that the belt is too tight, maybe, its more of the TON of drag it has. I can spin the drive line with rubber tires and it stops the second I stop. I pushed it on the floor and what should have rolled a few feet, it rolled a couple of inch's. I have had a couple of belt cars and all needed some attetion to free up the drive train but this car is down right wrong. My pro 2 would spin longer with foam tires on it than this car with rubber. Way longer.

The last race it looked really slow coming off the corners. Now I know why. Just have to figure out a way to free it up.

I have played with the diff adjusters and know there built right. Guess I will try and hunt down a little longer belt.

I didnt have this much drag with the diff. Do they use a diffrent size pulley for the one way and spool?

DK

my brother had the same issue, there was an issue with his spur gear and his pulleys and had to basically rebuild and reshim all that stuff....
Old 05-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey guys do you run the stock bearings? I think I need to change at least 3 of mine as they are very gritty...
Old 05-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_King
Hey guys do you run the stock bearings? I think I need to change at least 3 of mine as they are very gritty...
I used Avid bearings when I replaced mine.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default belt tension tc5

DK
hey man just keep playin with diff cams u should put diff all the way up in rear and all the way down in the front i can send u wat position my cams are in if u want
Old 05-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anyone know a good place to buy the yokomo bomber belt? Also would it be possible to drill/dremel another notch on the diff holder so the belt would be a little looser. I'm at the last notch on the adjustment and it still feels like it too tight.

TIA
Old 05-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

how many times have you ran it?

it might be because you havent broken in the belt?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

thanks for your reply.

I heard the newer belts were a little looser so I bought one and ran it about 20 or more times. But to me it's still a little tight.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the rubber kit setup yet?

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/tc5_rubber.pdf
Old 05-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anyone have a good link for ca'ing your chassis. Never done it before. Thanks. Tried search, but that's not fruitful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.