Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
Man guys, I gotta say, my b6d with long shocks and KIT setup is just super amazing. You may or may not know but I'm the "setup guy" that just always changes stuff and posts setups up, but honestly, I have no asks from this car other than to keep being amazing. First week out, car was a little "tame" for my tastes, but I came back out with some re-foamed fronts and it was amazing. Was able to win one A main and get a 2nd this week with it against some pretty stout competition.

I was a huge "boooo associated" for releasing the b6 so soon after the b5m, but this car is a total about face for AE. Kit setup was money. Fit and finish was on. Nothing wrong with the kit. Literally trimmed the body 1 hour prior to the first race and got one practice run and was competitive.

I honestly can't say enough good things about it. Can't wait for the next 4wheel.

Wayne
I hated the kit set-up for the B6D, HATED IT. The rear was loose as hell for me on a medium/high bite clay. I'm a set-up guy too, I changed everything I could from springs, pistons, oil, roll center, battery position, hub spacing, anti squat, toe, yada, yada, yada, and the car was only marginally better for me. I even added a brass C block and a 4 gear transmission at one point, still a handfull to hang on to. I kept thinking I should have never sold my B5M CE, it was dialed. I even bought a 22 3.0 that was soo much better out of the box with kit settings. But, I didn't give up on the B6D. I bought the XFactory 4mm tall tower and 31mm shock bodies . . . WOW . . .just WOW . . . sooo much better in every way. The car made far better rear traction, jumped better, landed better and handled the bumps better.

Another change for me that I really really REALLY liked, and I stumbled on to it by dumb luck. My B6D had a mid corner push, it almost stalled in the center of the turn. I was trying to tune that out and decided I should try changing the axle height. Typically a higher axle height will take away some entry steering but give the car some mid corner steering. I didn't have the 2mm and 1mm optional caster hat bushings, so my only option was to switch the 3mm & 0mm bushings opposite, with the 3mm on the bottom which is a full 3mm of change. Another WOW, the car seemed to do everything better. It felt like it gained steering everywhere AND it really planted the rear of the car. The rear of the car wasn't stuck to the track either, but it allowed me to drive it hard in to the turn or mash the throttle out of the turn and the rear would break traction in a controllable way with both brake or throttle. I didn't even try a smaller change with the 2mm & 1mm caster hat bushings, I just left the axle a full 3mm higher than kit setting and I love it!

I'm in love with this car as much if not more than my B5M now.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wease
I hated the kit set-up for the B6D, HATED IT.
But, I didn't give up on the B6D. I bought the XFactory 4mm tall tower and 31mm shock bodies . . . WOW . . .just WOW . . . sooo much better in every way. The car made far better rear traction, jumped better, landed better and handled the bumps better.
I've heard a lot of people say the long shocks a huge. I never tried the short ones. Built first time with my old b5 rear shock bodies
Old 11-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone had issues trying to get any of the supplied servo horns in the kit to fit on a Savox servo? None seem to fit.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kiwiazbro
Anyone had issues trying to get any of the supplied servo horns in the kit to fit on a Savox servo? None seem to fit.
25t will fit, I ran it until it broke. A TINY bit of grease will help it on.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

What I think is going on is that AE concentrated the most of the carpet car more than the dirt version so everyone that runs it is kind of having to work the setup out for themselves. I am sure the on b6.1 both buggies will have and even larger separation between carpet and dirt versions. The longer shocks do look like the way to go on the dirt version IMO while the carpet will like the original shocks.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tsair
25t will fit, I ran it until it broke. A TINY bit of grease will help it on.
So you couldn't get the kit ones to fit?
Old 11-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eli
Are you saying they were running both the spacers to lower the bulkhead and the gull wing setup?
Isn't gullwing intended for carpet and flat for dirt/clay?
Old 11-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

The plastic horn is absolute garbage and strips out very easily. Just get an aluminum one.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It will fit, it's just tight.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So the tall rear shocks need the tall rear tower... or do you use the standard B6d rear tower?
Old 11-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LVNeptune
Isn't gullwing intended for carpet and flat for dirt/clay?
Yes that is what they were intended for but same with the laydown vs. standup so its more of a preference at this point. I have both to try out and im leaning towards just building it with the gull wing at this point since the surface I run on has some pretty good grip.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thrifty
So the tall rear shocks need the tall rear tower... or do you use the standard B6d rear tower?
You need the tall rear tower and the 31mm shock bodies which were standard on the B5M. You can use the rest of the shock components from the B6D kit, even the shock shafts.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

I had the exact same problem. It would not fit at all.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Savox is futaba horn. Works great for years for me on all ae cars. Never stripped one out. Just use the screw to help pull it onto the splines.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
Man guys, I gotta say, my b6d with long shocks and KIT setup is just super amazing. You may or may not know but I'm the "setup guy" that just always changes stuff and posts setups up, but honestly, I have no asks from this car other than to keep being amazing.
Just wait until you put in a laydown and mount the rear shocks on the front of the arms. Then you'll be like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.