Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigChris in PA
Post 4137 looks like it got overlooked.
Roger that. I wouldn't say overlooked, it just isn't well connected to the discussion regarding the issue you experienced.

Reply with history, or some sort of reference helps resolve that since these threads all basically are read in linear form.

(IE: If I didn't include the quote, would anyone know what I'm even talking about?)
Old 11-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Okay so sorry if this has been asked before but I have just got my b6d. I want to know what hop ups should I be prioritizing, I run on a med-high bite clay track.

Current hop ups I have are

25g brass hinge pin holder
Exotek slipper eliminator
Kashima shocks
Lay down transmission
Aluminum bulkhead
Old 11-03-2016, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Get the aluminum d mount and practice.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DDTG
I have the type 1 Ackerman arms from schelle. I do not have his shock tower or front wing. I have the standard ae gull wing tower/hard arms. I believe it's a proline front wing I am running.

Would the tower make that big of a difference? Isn't it just thicker for better durability?
the alum steering rack?

you say it has great mid to exit. but pushes? is this going into the corner then or??
Old 11-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default B6 loose set up

Does anyone have a good base setup for the B6 on a indoor sports hall floor with a bit of carpet, low traction.
Cheers
Old 11-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have the type 1 Ackerman arms from schelle. I do not have his shock tower or front wing. I have the standard ae gull wing tower/hard arms. I believe it's a proline front wing I am running.

Would the tower make that big of a difference? Isn't it just thicker for better durability?
IIRC, the gullwing arms and tower are for high bite/carpet according to Brent, and meant to "smooth out" the steering. Which is RC speak for "less". 😄

I'd definitely try out flat arms and flat tower.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I am looking for some set up help. I have a really bad push and the car doesn't feel direct at all like other b6 I have driven. I have tried a few different setups and gone through the car to make sure there is no binding in suspension or driveline. I have the correct tires for the track and have even tried the fast guys tires to make sure. It is great mid to exit but still has a lot of push.

I can't post the link to the setup but it is the Kurt wenger ocrc 9/21.
The only change I made is the rear shocks in the middle hole on the tower.
Any ideas of what to try next?
That's a lot of optional parts on that setup. Do you have all of them? If not, it's hard to compare apples to apples on that. If you do have everything that's listed on that setup, I have to agree, your diff has to be too tight, because I can't see what would cause your car to push on exit with that setup.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by joncmack
That's a lot of optional parts on that setup. Do you have all of them? If not, it's hard to compare apples to apples on that. If you do have everything that's listed on that setup, I have to agree, your diff has to be too tight, because I can't see what would cause your car to push on exit with that setup.
Sounds like he is talking about corner entry to me not exit according to his posts. I would say add 1 to 2mm of washer under the steering ballstud to change the ackerman and maybe make sure you have a total of 30 degrees front kickup. The more kickup you have the usually the better on corner entry. Also, using part of a published setup is not a good thing. It is better to work up your own setup as your track is probably different. If you cant make that setup work I would suggest returning to the kit setup and restarting from there.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Question guys i have b6d can i use rb6.6 front and shocks? coz i really kyosho shocks than AE.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Sure.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

My b6 jumps nose high even with brakes punched when I leave the face of the jump. Should I add that 36g steel weight under the servo or use the 30g front brass bulkhead?
Old 11-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Morning/Afternoon/Evening everyone!
With the upcoming Outdoor Reedy Race Of Champions at HRH in a couple weeks, a fair chunk of the AE AUS team are coming over to have some fun. Outdoor low to medium grip is the surface we race on pretty much all year round. We've worked really hard on developing the B6d over the last few months since it's release.

In preparation for the Reedy race I have done a blog/Aussie build on a B6d, with a combination of photos, videos and in depth descriptions.

Please feel free to hit me up if you have any questions, and hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys over there.

https://aussiebuilds.wordpress.com/2...sie-b6d-build/
Old 11-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F
My b6 jumps nose high even with brakes punched when I leave the face of the jump. Should I add that 36g steel weight under the servo or use the 30g front brass bulkhead?
That sounds unusual. What radio are you using?
Old 11-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tsair
That sounds unusual. What radio are you using?
Futaba 4PLS with the R204GF-E receiver
Old 11-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andrew Selvaggi
Morning/Afternoon/Evening everyone!
With the upcoming Outdoor Reedy Race Of Champions at HRH in a couple weeks, a fair chunk of the AE AUS team are coming over to have some fun. Outdoor low to medium grip is the surface we race on pretty much all year round. We've worked really hard on developing the B6d over the last few months since it's release.

In preparation for the Reedy race I have done a blog/Aussie build on a B6d, with a combination of photos, videos and in depth descriptions.

Please feel free to hit me up if you have any questions, and hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys over there.

https://aussiebuilds.wordpress.com/2...sie-b6d-build/
thank you for the tips...applying some of it right now in my B6 and B5M.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.