Old 01-27-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I'm running closed cell all the way around
Old 01-27-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Naters
Sounds like there is more than one of us having problems with limitations on ride height in front due to lack of threading on the shock body. I seem to remember that associated B4.2s came with different height spring cups. I wonder if their taller ones will fit. Worth a try anyway.

Friend hooked me up and they fit like a champ! Not only does it allow for higher ride heights (like the 22.5mm listed on the Dunford OCRC starting setup) but it feels like it's locked in more securely than the stockers.
i did the same thing, the tallest shock cups from my b4.2 worked perfect, plenty of adjustment for ride height now
Old 01-27-2014, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am running the Dunford set up and have no problem getting the right ride height. I order all my extra parts and the parts need for the set up frpm Horizon and had them in a day!.

I am running the rear sway bar and the 1.5 hexs.

Running a 8.5 with my Tekin RS and had to add a fan. Running AKA Typo's all the way around with red foams and the car was hooked up at IERC. I did break my front arm but was totaly at fault as I put this car though the ringer!!!

Build was super easy. I need a little help setting the slipper but other that that great ride. I did not get any pics with tires mounted.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22-4 THREAD-22-4-5.jpg   TLR 22-4 THREAD-22-4-6.jpg   TLR 22-4 THREAD-22-4-7.jpg   TLR 22-4 THREAD-22-4-8.jpg   TLR 22-4 THREAD-22-4-9.jpg  

Old 01-27-2014, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

is this a good set up a gen two redline 8.5 with tekin rs pro esc?
Old 01-27-2014, 09:27 AM
CGR
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hacksback
Should they provide you with one extra of every piece in case you lose those too? I understand that it is a very low cost item to them, but how do they know which hardware piece you are going to lose? I'm not sure if the shafts are metric or std, I think they are metric. Should be easy enough to find a clip at the local hobby shop if you have one. The hardware section of lowe's or home depot may even have one.

Sorry can't blame losi here.
Low cost easily lost things like shims or especially ones under spring tention like C and E clips should have a spare.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zzztech
How much does the car weigh?

If the weight and drive trains are light, I can see it can be a popular car for stock racing here in Oz
I just scaled mine without tires and wheels .Mine is 1532 grams
Old 01-27-2014, 09:29 AM
CGR
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stunter38
not even a truggy could handle a triple into steel beam
You would be wrong. SCTE and 22 handle it fine, the tower on the 24 is more exposed and I feel its a potential weak point. I am also confident the aftermarket will provide.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Anyone want to trade there wheels for white?
Old 01-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Building up a my 22-4 to test some electronics and reading posts about motors.

Last edited by Kraig; 01-27-2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Advertising - Not allowed by a non paying advertiser
Old 01-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here is My review of the TLR 22-4 after the build and 1 day of racing - Keep in mind, I am still a new Driver and not much experience with a 1/10th 4wd buggy.... The build went together very smoothly - No major hiccups at all - I spent roughly 11 hours on the main build without wiring electronics - I will say, when applying thread lock to the front hubs, be very gentle - slightly to much and it will bind up a bit - Also, make sure your exercise the turnbuckles, it will save your a headache at the track when your need to make adjustments - The 2 ball diffs went together without a hiccup and feel very smooth - On my first few practice laps I noticed my Orion 8.5 turn motor running blinky may have been to light of a motor, so I quickly added some timing into the ESC - Problem solved - I was running the base setup for ride height of 22 front and rear, while running 32.5 weight shock oil front and 30 in the rear. - The car absorbed the bumps of my track very very well and handled the jumps like a pro giving me confidence in the car... Qualifier went smooth no issues at all - short of my driving of course which was a little off for this class - Mains came and I was nervous and tired at this point after running only 2 classes today, but marshaling quite a bit to help out as needed, It's time for the Main- Started off strong in 6th position - avoided most of the chaose at turn 1 and moved my up the pack as quick as I could - Fighting my own tiredness I was driving like an amateur - Miss judging turns, eating pipes, hard landings etc - the car handled them good for the most part - then it happened - A few minutes into the race and I hit a pipe to hard on the left side of the car and broke the left front A-arm - Am I upset, not at all, the car handles amazingly well and grips the track nicely - The issue I had was DRIVER RELATED - I am extremely pleased with the car and the decision to add 4wd mod buggy to my race program !!!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIGMAN
Just wanting to know what you guys are doing with foams/inserts in the tires. Closed cell or the puffy white things that come with most tires?
Cut AKA molded foams front and rear. They get better when reused
Old 01-27-2014, 10:33 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer59
I should say it's more at the front hinge pin brace and front bulk head
Arm is on backwards...

Originally Posted by zzztech
How much does the car weigh?

If the weight and drive trains are light, I can see it can be a popular car for stock racing here in Oz
Mine was 1870g at Reedy with Ti Turnbuckles, Ball Studs and Shock Mounts.

Originally Posted by WIGMAN
Just wanting to know what you guys are doing with foams/inserts in the tires. Closed cell or the puffy white things that come with most tires?
CC rears, always. Fronts, CC for higher traction, 3/4 open cell rear foam for the front on medium to low grip. CC fronts kill a lot of steering, so it is a tuning option.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (98%+)

The problem i have right now with the car or set up is that the car sqats on the rear and wants to pull the front tires up. It doesnt launch right when on the the power. Any suggestions Frank?
Old 01-27-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Does anyone who has hit the track already have a recommendation for a jconcepts tire combo in the 22-4? I am going to order Gold Dirt Webs all around and wonder if there was any other suggestions.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

BIG PROBLEM

Page 30, D-7

I went ahead of myself and missed putting in the spacer. Did not think it was a problem to correct.

BOY O BOY - I can't get the pin out (TLR2974). Those who are built the kit, try for yourself.

Mine is locked in. I tapped it down to the shaft with a screwdriver. I still cant pull it out. The pin is to to short and tight to pull !!!!!!!

Everyone will need to change/clean bearings. Try taking the pin out for yourself

TLR staff- try pulling out your front pins. Good luck.

Why did you not use the same pin idea as the SCTE?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.