Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree28Likes

TLR 22-4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 02:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by slackinoff
June is just around the corner! Why not pick up a lightly used 2.0? I just saw a really nice 2.0 roller with spares go for 240 shipped. Buying used, you won't loose as much selling it again when 3.0 comes out. But I understand wanting a minty fresh kind of new kit. I got lucky with my recent used 1.0 purchase. At least with minty new there is no gamble.
I definitely agree and actually picked up a 1.0 which was actually pretty decent but unfortunately, a number of problems with it which I didn't see in the photos (and are now fixed) really soured my taste for it.... so I'm selling it.. and bought a new 2.0 for now.. I'll race it for a while and then sell it as well when the time comes.

I'm pretty stoked for it.
slackinoff likes this.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:03 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Essentials
Thanks for responding. I've been wanting to pick up a new 22-4 and have been really debating about buying the 2.0 or waiting because I was nervous about having the new iteration come within the next couple months... I'd only be mildly annoyed but nevertheless annoyed.
No new 4wd coming in a few months, so feel comfortable picking up a 2.0
slackinoff likes this.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yep, you have to get a really good deal and also the kit has to be in great shape AND also built right. Frome here forward, I wont be buying used again unless I know who built it, and I know for a fact that it has low run time.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Edit: Sigh I figured it out.

Last edited by Essentials; 04-28-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
No new 4wd coming in a few months, so feel comfortable picking up a 2.0
Old 04-30-2018, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

My race this weekend went well with the 22-4 1.0. But when got home, I found out the front belts and pullies were trashed, completely.

Do the 22-4 2.0 belts work on the 1.0? The belt kit for the 1.0 is discontinued....so I assume that means the 2.0 belts work. If not, that would be very aggravating.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slackinoff
My race this weekend went well with the 22-4 1.0. But when got home, I found out the front belts and pullies were trashed, completely.

Do the 22-4 2.0 belts work on the 1.0? The belt kit for the 1.0 is discontinued....so I assume that means the 2.0 belts work. If not, that would be very aggravating.
Belts never changed they just started selling them separate (fronts and rears).

If you have a 1.0 might want to look at upgrading to front belt cover to the +.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/front-b...-4-p-tlr231034

No guarantees your car has this and it helps protect the front belt.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper
Belts never changed they just started selling them separate (fronts and rears).

If you have a 1.0 might want to look at upgrading to front belt cover to the +.

Thank you very much! Yes mine already has that part and the 0 inserts. I am not sure if the belt & pullies were trashed when I got it....the clicker lockout was installed wrong, very loose, I think that is what caused it. Either way, it is getting a major refresh. I just put an order for bearings @ Avid, and a big order from Amain for the belts, pullies, new rubber, and diff parts. The car is gonna be great for the next race. My tires are hard and worn out - I struggled big time for traction compared to the competition,. which some of them looked glued to the track.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Just pick this chassis . How can I tell what version it is? Will post a pic later
Old 10-31-2018, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i'm not familiar with the 1.0 but some things to look for would gear or ball diffs, 1.0 came with ball and 2.0 came with gear. The battery layout, the 2.0 comes with the shorty lipo layout instead of the saddle packs. The belt covers on the 2.0 split front and rear. I'm sure there are other things and I might be wrong on some of those but that should get you started. The other option is to just go to the TLR website and look at the new features section. That probably more or less tells you whats new compared to the 1.0
Old 10-31-2018, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

I pick up a new very lightly use v2 and looking to rebuild it . Soon our offroad track will be closed for winter so a few guys plan to run in winter on parking lot with a few plywood jumps. It is open mod. So what motor would you guys go with? I think its box stock so should I change any parts?
Old 11-03-2018, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I remember seeing an article where someone took one of these and converted it into a 4wd stadium truck. The owner was going to list the parts that he used to convert it. Does anyone have any recollection of this article? It was fairly recent but I'm having trouble finding it again.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:01 AM
Tech Adept

Hello, i'm veeeery new to the electric 1:10 world, i've always used 1:8 nitros, so i have a few (maybe stupid) questions..
I bought a TLR22 4.0 from a friend, the car is pretty new, hold me the the car itself and the engine (MUCHMORE RACING FLETA ZX V2 6.5T BRUSHLESS MOTOR).

Now i need to chose the ESC and the batteries, i was looking for the MUCHMORE RACING FLETA PRO V2 BRUSHLESS ESC BLACK and the MUCHMORE RACING IMPACT FD2 LI-PO BATTERY 5000mAh 7.4V 110C SHORTY FLAT HARD CASE. These are the ones my friend was using before (and that he sold already so i have to look for brand new ones eventually.
Both the batteries and the esc seem to be a bit pricy tho, so i was wondering if there are valid alternatives, expecially for the battery. I really don't know if there's any standard size or anything, so even looking on hobbyking or other similar websites .. i have no clue what to look for.

Another question: which piston would you use on carpet?

Anyone able to assit a poor newbie?
Thank you in advice!
Old 11-05-2018, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King DORK
I remember seeing an article where someone took one of these and converted it into a 4wd stadium truck. The owner was going to list the parts that he used to convert it. Does anyone have any recollection of this article? It was fairly recent but I'm having trouble finding it again.
I think the link is in the 22-4 2.0 thread. It was on facebook I think but don't remember where exactly,
Old 11-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, I just picked up a used 2.0. It appears to still have the kit setup on it. I was hoping someone could refer me to a good starting setup for indoor dirt? My local track is kind of medium traction I would say. Hard packed, but dusty when dry, and slick when there’s moisture in it. Thanks.