Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dan.J
I run Avid's as well, cheap and seem to hold up well.
http://www.avidrc.com/flexkit/?kit=842&kitname=D413
Thanks, i will try them
Old 08-20-2015, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nrm1977
Question- Curious to know what other brand rims match up with the d413's (losi, AE). Thanks
I use Losi 22-4 rims front and back
Old 08-20-2015, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with the left front of my car. When I tighten the nut down on the wheel, the when you turn the wheel it's pretty tight. It doesnt have that slight motion of the front to back like on the other side, and other d413's at my track. Its also making a clicking sound when I turn the wheel sometimes. It's not the rim cause I took all the supports off thinking it was but it still does it, and with other rims it does the same thing. The bearings were replaced as well. When I come off the track the nut is much looser then when I put it on. I thought it might be the hub so I changed it and I replaced the crush tube. It worked for a while but now it's back to the same old thing. The other side has never done it. I also looked at the cvd's and axle when it was apart and had some other people look at it and they thought it was fine. Any ideas though?
Old 08-20-2015, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timrod
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with the left front of my car. When I tighten the nut down on the wheel, the when you turn the wheel it's pretty tight. It doesnt have that slight motion of the front to back like on the other side, and other d413's at my track. Its also making a clicking sound when I turn the wheel sometimes. It's not the rim cause I took all the supports off thinking it was but it still does it, and with other rims it does the same thing. The bearings were replaced as well. When I come off the track the nut is much looser then when I put it on. I thought it might be the hub so I changed it and I replaced the crush tube. It worked for a while but now it's back to the same old thing. The other side has never done it. I also looked at the cvd's and axle when it was apart and had some other people look at it and they thought it was fine. Any ideas though?
Is your spindle in the middle?
Does the orange universal cover have a wear line on it?
Old 08-20-2015, 08:30 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Timrod,

Try swapping the axle/driveshaft from the other side to see if the problem changes sides.

I would also pull the steering spindle off the troubled side, then build everything up with the spindle off the car. That way you can get a better look at everything.

Sounds like the spindle might be cracked, and when you tighten down the wheel its able to crush the bearings together some. Or maybe your wheel hex is bent ever so slightly.

Let us know what you find.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

When you hold the car in your hand and blip the throttle, does it do it so you can hear or feel the issue... or notice the wheel wobble like maybe a slightly bent axle stub.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

I'll take a look at it. I'm going to the mugen challenge this weekend so I'll work on it afterwards and let you know what i find out. I've changed the hexes and that wasn't the issue so that's out. Thanks for the imput
Old 08-20-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by uncle everett
Is your spindle in the middle?
Does the orange universal cover have a wear line on it?
Spindle is in the middle and there is not even a scratch on the orange cover. It's all free till I'm about 3/8 to 1/2 a turn from tightening the wheel fully for the race. I don't crank down on the thing either, just nice and tight like everyone else and like I've always done. I'll check it out though and let you guys know

Last edited by Timrod; 08-20-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Timrod
I know exactly what it is. I had same thing. Back the 3x20 rear front left screw off a 1/4 turn that hold hinge pin in front. Front diff case worn and needs to be replaced. I just leave mine snug and check it every couple runs for coming loose.

Last edited by nitro2be; 08-20-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitro2be
I know exactly what it is. I had same thing. Back the 3x20 rear front left screw off a 1/4 turn that hold hinge pin in front. Front diff case worn and needs to be replaced. I just leave mine snug and check it every couple runs for coming loose.
Thanks a bunch. I'll try that and hopefully it works. I woulda never thought of that and it still sounds weird but I'll definitely give it a shot.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Exotek released some new parts. Just ordered them off their website.

New spindle bushings for tighter tolerances
New front hexes that lock the pins in place

They also have some nice new aluminum hubs.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Antimullet

Cool stuff! Only thing missing is now nice aluminium rear hubs. Not that they are necessary, i never broke a hub on my car, would just be cool to have to match the front hubs!
Old 08-21-2015, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Antimullet

Thanks! Just ordered the hubs and bushings. I've been using the X-Ray bushings, we'll see if these are as good
Old 08-21-2015, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For the folks running 6.5t motors , is a motor for the fan pretty much going to be a requirement ? Ready to get this car together , new track layout starts in September . Looking forward to it !
Old 08-21-2015, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wittyname
For the folks running 6.5t motors , is a motor for the fan pretty much going to be a requirement ? Ready to get this car together , new track layout starts in September . Looking forward to it !
I'm running a 6.5 Tekin and no fan. nevr gets above 160 degrees

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.