Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury
Hey guys I just took my truck for a run again the motor and esc is very hot you cant touch it its got stock spur with 14 pinion with exp thx down to 65 I am runing 4700kv hw should I go down kv or lower pinion
Are you running an hw esc as well I run a 4600kv pro 4 and depending on the traction that night I run between a 14-16 pinion no problems never get hotter than 110 in a 6 minute main
Old 03-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Me and my Tekno got 1st today at the annual St. Patty's day race at EN Hobbies.....just thought i'd share
Old 03-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

I am running hw esc and the new hw 4700kv sct motor
Old 03-17-2013, 02:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

The Tekno was putting down some sick times today at tonight's Saturday club races. As far as I know it was the first ever 14 lap 6 minute main at our track. I was on a 13/6:00-6:01 and got a fast lap that pushed me over. First time I've even turned a sub-26 second lap as well and did it twice.

I've only made two adjustments to this truck from stock. Moved front and rear camber links to the lowest/inner hole, and went up one spring rate in the rear. My buddy went up two and I like the way his felt so I will try that next. Other than that I wouldn't change a single thing.

Thanks Tekno, you've made racing fun all over again. All I have to do is go fast, the truck makes me look like a hero. The harder you push it, the better the truck gets.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Got a quick question (i have ready though the thread, but haven't seen it) - with regards to the droop...

The kit says to measure droop from center to center of the shocks, but the shock mounting locations (angle of the shock) will actually change the amount of droop.

So for example: with the shocks all the way up (outer tower, inner arm), at a 120mm of shock, you will have more arm down travel than if the shock is all the way down (inner tower, outer arm)

Or am i missing something
Any reason we don't measure it similar to TC cars - XXmm over hide height?
(Set ride height - say 25mm, then from there until the tire just starts to lift would be the droop setting)
Old 03-17-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

repost

Last edited by BSCFlash; 03-28-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrutherf
Got a quick question (i have ready though the thread, but haven't seen it) - with regards to the droop...

The kit says to measure droop from center to center of the shocks, but the shock mounting locations (angle of the shock) will actually change the amount of droop.

So for example: with the shocks all the way up (outer tower, inner arm), at a 120mm of shock, you will have more arm down travel than if the shock is all the way down (inner tower, outer arm)

Or am i missing something
Any reason we don't measure it similar to TC cars - XXmm over hide height?
(Set ride height - say 25mm, then from there until the tire just starts to lift would be the droop setting)
You are missing the effect of the droop screws. Those are what limit down travel, not the length of the shock. Changing mounting locations will not change the droop, unless you are running at full maximum droop, then move the shock mounting location. Never use the length of the shock to limit down travel. Otherwise, you'll be putting a pull and stress on the shock cap and piston every time the truck goes off a jump and the suspension fully extends. Good way to have a shock failure and premature wear on the shock cap eyelet.

With TC's, you are only measuring 1-3mm over ride height. With SCT's, you can be doubling your distance above ride height, and most ride height gauges don't go that far.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury
Hey guys I just took my truck for a run again the motor and esc is very hot you cant touch it its got stock spur with 14 pinion with exp thx down to 65 I am runing 4700kv hw should I go down kv or lower pinion
How long were you running? What is the punch setting at on the ESC?

I have the same motor with the SCT Pro - after 7 minute race only at about 90F (but I do have a heatsink / fan on the motor. Geared with 15t pinion.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tekno

Originally Posted by sramos420
Me and my Tekno got 1st today at the annual St. Patty's day race at EN Hobbies.....just thought i'd share
CONGRATS !!!
Smitty
Old 03-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Are any of you guys having leaky shock seal issues??? The shocks seem to need topped off every round.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

So how are we doing at the classic? Anyone have a breakdown?
Old 03-17-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
You are missing the effect of the droop screws. Those are what limit down travel, not the length of the shock. Changing mounting locations will not change the droop, unless you are running at full maximum droop, then move the shock mounting location. Never use the length of the shock to limit down travel. Otherwise, you'll be putting a pull and stress on the shock cap and piston every time the truck goes off a jump and the suspension fully extends. Good way to have a shock failure and premature wear on the shock cap eyelet.

With TC's, you are only measuring 1-3mm over ride height. With SCT's, you can be doubling your distance above ride height, and most ride height gauges don't go that far.
I understand and totally agree with what you are saying about the stress into the shock caps and eyelets. And not having gauges currently to measure correctly...

Hmmm clarification - based on the length of the shocks we are adjusting the droop screws (to prevent the issue you mention above), but are still setting this based on the length of center to center of the shocks...

So for example the shock has a total travel of 130mm, I install it on the truck (laid down - Inner Tower, Outer Arm) and set the screws so that the shock can only extend to 120mm. Now I change my setup and stand the shock up, if I measure the center to center distance, it will be shorter...

If I readjust the droop screws again, to the 120mm, then the arms/tires will have more down travel than when the shock was laid down.

I guess it is not a big deal if I make sure to note the shock positions along with the shock lengths for droop. With that I guess more upright the less droop (based on shock length) will be needed or we will get more weight transfer...

I can see instances were someone sets up truck and sets droop... records on the setup sheet, then changes position of the shocks and does not update the droop on the sheet, but does update the shock positions...

Then they tear apart truck or someone else duplicates the setup and sets the truck up with the later shock position, then sets the droop... the setups will perform completely different.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Matt1970
I have my SCT410 arriving tomorrow and I'm still searching for best motor and esc combo. I want a good system, but around $300 or less. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to get something and not like it and have to turn around and sell it.
go with the rx/8 and revtech 4800 quad motor it is a absolute beast!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Are any of you guys having leaky shock seal issues??? The shocks seem to need topped off every round.
You must have put a nick in an o-ring or something. Mine havent lost a single drop since the truck was released. Ive only changed fluid once to go to a bit thicker is all.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrutherf
I understand and totally agree with what you are saying about the stress into the shock caps and eyelets. And not having gauges currently to measure correctly...

Hmmm clarification - based on the length of the shocks we are adjusting the droop screws (to prevent the issue you mention above), but are still setting this based on the length of center to center of the shocks...

So for example the shock has a total travel of 130mm, I install it on the truck (laid down - Inner Tower, Outer Arm) and set the screws so that the shock can only extend to 120mm. Now I change my setup and stand the shock up, if I measure the center to center distance, it will be shorter...

If I readjust the droop screws again, to the 120mm, then the arms/tires will have more down travel than when the shock was laid down.

I guess it is not a big deal if I make sure to note the shock positions along with the shock lengths for droop. With that I guess more upright the less droop (based on shock length) will be needed or we will get more weight transfer...

I can see instances were someone sets up truck and sets droop... records on the setup sheet, then changes position of the shocks and does not update the droop on the sheet, but does update the shock positions...

Then they tear apart truck or someone else duplicates the setup and sets the truck up with the later shock position, then sets the droop... the setups will perform completely different.
I'm in the same boat as you. Doesn't make much sense to measure shock length. I measure with the tires off and with a ruler on the edge of a table.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.