Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

After 8 weekends out on the track and half a dozen races I had my first breakage. Totally my fault, I was testing a new line, Jumping a triple and table top (four jumps total, about 25-30 feet) section and the table top had a 90 degree exit, so you had to land it semi turned mid air to down side the table top. I pulled it off the first few attempts then I missed my line and flat landed on the table top on left rear wheel and popped the arm off. The weird thing (well I guess good thing) was nothing broke; the hinge pin pulled one of the inserts out of the suspension holder. The holders, arm and hinge pin were fine. One insert was lost and the other showed some trauma from the bad landing (hole was stretched a little). I replaced the inserts and finished 2 heats and the Main with no issues. One tough truck, for sure. Another racer was trying the same line and he snapped his a-arm (Durango).

Old 03-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shark413
After 8 weekends out on the track and half a dozen races I had my first breakage. Totally my fault, I was testing a new line, Jumping a triple and table top (four jumps total, about 25-30 feet) section and the table top had a 90 degree exit, so you had to land it semi turned mid air to down side the table top. I pulled it off the first few attempts then I missed my line and flat landed on the table top on left rear wheel and popped the arm off. The weird thing (well I guess good thing) was nothing broke; the hinge pin pulled one of the inserts out of the suspension holder. The holders, arm and hinge pin were fine. One insert was lost and the other showed some trauma from the bad landing (hole was stretched a little). I replaced the inserts and finished 2 heats and the Main with no issues. One tough truck, for sure. Another racer was trying the same line and he snapped his a-arm (Durango).
that's actually a pretty decent argument for plastic hinge pin holders. i had a similar incident with my SCTE with aluminum holders and not only did the plastic insert strip, but it bent my hinge pin and bent the holder. sounds like you'll be able to use the holder again.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bernard_Jr
Great article on the SCT in the new issue of http://vrcmag.com $9.99/year or $1.99/issue

Basically agrees that you'll either be racing one of these or chasing one pretty soon.
Thanks for the props!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Interesting, a fellow racer i know uses the vtx8 with the revtech 4800 4pole motor with zero issues....
We tested with the Viper system and initially had some issues, but we worked them out. I'll see if I can get an update on the settings an post them if anybody is interested.

Derek
Velocity RC Magazine
Old 03-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j.voorhees30
Was looking at his skins how well.do they line up
If you do it right then they line up very good, there is a slight overhang on the frame where juts out for the droop screws but the coverage is very good.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
The VTX8 just won't work with the Pro4 motors. My buddy (a Team Viper driver) and I screwed around for hours trying to get them to work. I tried the Revtech 4800, and he tried the 4600 and 4000. No good. His would stutter and reset. Mine would stutter like a bad sensor wire. We installed the firmware updates, but no dice. Lowering the limiter, and screwing with the LVC helped out, but slowed the trucks down too much to race. The Viper tech guys said it is due to the Pro 4 motors being very inefficient . They suggested using a 550 2 pole motor. We didn't consider that, because we are trying to keep the trucks lightweight.
We use Futaba radio gear. He used a Savox, I used a JR servo. Viper needs to get this sorted out, and they will have a fantastic speedo , until then, I suggest shopping elsewhere.
Now all you need to do is by an EB48 and use the Viper in that

I am looking into the eb48 for sure, i think im gonna put the vtx8 in my rc8.2e, and pick up an rx8 for the sct410, the eb48 is in the cards for next season once i get my power setups right.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
We tested with the Viper system and initially had some issues, but we worked them out. I'll see if I can get an update on the settings an post them if anybody is interested.

Derek
Velocity RC Magazine

Im interested
Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Interesting, a fellow racer i know uses the vtx8 with the revtech 4800 4pole motor with zero issues....

Yes ,I also know a few racers over by my local track that run the Viper sytem with 4pole motors.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stipres
Congrats on the "W". If you don't mind me asking, what track were you racing at and what compound did you use? What compound Ions did you try also? Thanks in advance...
Thanks Pres! I ran at wcrc this past Sunday, getting ready for the super cross series. I ran the clay compound handlebars. The ions I tried were clay as well. Handlebars felt more planted.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

Originally Posted by cryofix
If you do it right then they line up very good, there is a slight overhang on the frame where juts out for the droop screws but the coverage is very good.
Thanks for the quick reply cryofix definetly like the design s he has but I am gonna ask if he can do a Friday the 13th theme for me since me and Jason share the same last name
Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by j.voorhees30
Thanks for the quick reply cryofix definetly like the design s he has but I am gonna ask if he can do a Friday the 13th theme for me since me and Jason share the same last name
I asked him about custom work. He said he could only do it if it is your artwork. Won't hurt to try though.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool I can have my brother do some artwork if need be
Old 03-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

which tekin motor on 2s will give me the same speed in the sct410 as the 1900kv t8 in the eb48?
Old 03-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLbound
Thanks Pres! I ran at wcrc this past Sunday, getting ready for the super cross series. I ran the clay compound handlebars. The ions I tried were clay as well. Handlebars felt more planted.
Nice!!! Good info. to bring back to the office. I am going to try make it out there for some of the series. Good luck!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetsports
which tekin motor on 2s will give me the same speed in the sct410 as the 1900kv t8 in the eb48?
You cant go wrong with the 4 pole 4400kv or you can do like I have and get the SC4x and put the high torque rotor in it. I have more speed than I would ever need. 16T pinion with both motors works well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.