Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by honda237
Forgot to post my truck. Here it is, I need a shorter sensor wire.

Forgot to say this is a clean set up man, nice looking truck.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

I have been contemplating getting into the 4wd SC class as a second class and have pretty much decided on the Tekno. In addition to the aluminum hubs and servo horn are there any other additional parts that the truck will need right away? Also, what spare parts would you all recommend that I keep on hand for the truck?

Thinking I will go with the HW SCT Pro ESC and either the HW 4000KV motor or the Tenshock SC411 4000KV. Any reason why one would be better than the other?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hlpressley
I have been contemplating getting into the 4wd SC class as a second class and have pretty much decided on the Tekno. In addition to the aluminum hubs and servo horn are there any other additional parts that the truck will need right away? Also, what spare parts would you all recommend that I keep on hand for the truck?

Thinking I will go with the HW SCT Pro ESC and either the HW 4000KV motor or the Tenshock SC411 4000KV. Any reason why one would be better than the other?

I f you are getting the Hobbywing esc might as well go all Hobbywing, they are a great motor and have all you could want. The Tenshock is a great motor as well I am running the 4600 but dont have any info on the 4000kv model. Servo horn, hexes, maybe a couple of stub axles and a spur gear. You might need springs if the stock set up doesn't suite your driving style or track. Hope this helps man, good luck
Old 06-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+1 for the hobbywing combo. If u get make sure u do not run timing with the tekno truck and 4700 combo. Hobbywing is very smooth. The program card is awesome..get the combo..
Old 06-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChuckTee
All you guys running the pro4 HD 4300 what pinion are you all running? Finally came up on one and just thought I would ask. I am pairing it with a RX8G2
Depending on the size of the track, I bounce from a 13 to a 16 tooth.. Granted I am usually using a 5300 to 5600 mah battery...

Im not really sure how much that will factor in..
Old 06-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone tried the Trackstar line of motors in these trucks? I have been running the Trackstar 1900KV in my E buggy with great results.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...red_Motor.html
Old 06-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkillion
I have the exact same setup and was fighting nose dive as well, two things can help. First one which is what you are already tried, stiffer rear springs, but you also need to look at rear droop. If remove some droop in the rear it should help level it out some.
Thanks, yea I did not have an issue with the 10x1.3's and figured the 8x1.4's would have more pack?? Oh well, i'll keep trying different things, I just want the truck to feel plush not super stiff.
On another note, I took some pretty bad nose piles off the big tripple so I figured I need to look at my BCE chassis. Not sure if this is normal as I did not check when I got it but there is a back bow in the chassis. When I put a straight edge on the bottom I have what looks like 1 to 1.5mm clearance under the straight edge. Anyone know if this is normal? I emailed BCE asking but they have not responded yet.
Hope I didn't tweak it
Old 06-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a heads up. The tenshock will not work on the newest hobbywing esc. I ran the sc411 4600 with an older sct pro esc. Then I bought another sct pro and xerun 4600 to swap out the tenshock. Used the new esc with the tenshock in a back up truck and it wouldn't run right. Had run times of 3 min or sometimes glitched non stop. After several emails and conversations with hobby wing they finally said it was the tenshock. Swapped esc to the old sct pro no issues. This was 3 months ago. I will say the xerun motor by hobbywing is light years better than the tenshock. Way better temps and faster all around. But both are good. Just be aware you may have compatibility issues.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks. I will just stick with the HW for motor and ESC. I really like the SCT Pro in my E-buggy.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Anyone on eBay still parting out the eb48 or the sct410 kits?
Nevermind, found someone.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

rolled the novelty, definitely increased accuracy taxiing model responds immediately to steering wheel, not gone, I decided not to stay and made covers on the levers, so very soft levers. With light bend lever 3 times smaller and tighter

adjusting the way to stand before it was difficult to accurately adjust the angles from the first time, had a little help hands, shaking stiring blocks, otherwise discrepancies to 2 degrees now, stiring with aluminum blocks has become easier and keeps tuned!
Attached Thumbnails Tekno SCT410 Thread-1.jpg  
Old 06-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks. I will just stick with the HW for motor and ESC. I really like the SCT Pro in my E-buggy.
+1 Good decision! Hobby wing products are very smooth and easy to tune for your driving style...
Old 06-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

plush is a nice thing to get to. The 8 x 1.3s once I dropped oil weight felt like they were getting there. I was down to 30W front, and 25W rear, 3.8lb spring front and 2.43 lbs rear (the Tekno greens).

I probably would go up to say yellows from what I saw with some nose down jumping issues with that setup, but bump handling it felt good. Just needed to get the truck to feel more stable, slower reaction It think in turns.

Anyway I do want to try the 8 x 1.4s so will see how that goes. How much tuning I can do for the next race will be interesting since I won't be able to bring the full on load of stuff I usually do.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by romanmotruk
rolled the novelty, definitely increased accuracy taxiing model responds immediately to steering wheel, not gone, I decided not to stay and made covers on the levers, so very soft levers. With light bend lever 3 times smaller and tighter

adjusting the way to stand before it was difficult to accurately adjust the angles from the first time, had a little help hands, shaking stiring blocks, otherwise discrepancies to 2 degrees now, stiring with aluminum blocks has become easier and keeps tuned!
Who make those aluminum spindles?
Old 06-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChuckTee
All you guys running the pro4 HD 4300 what pinion are you all running? Finally came up on one and just thought I would ask. I am pairing it with a RX8G2
I'm running 18T sometimes 17T. No temp issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.