Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
man.... these dont even last a day used on the for sale thread.....I looked at 10+ ads, all ending the same day posted.......
lol. It's definitely not like the sc10 4x4 on the for sale threads

Originally Posted by USMC STONE
Dang it! I just yesterday ordered the lightened chassis to see if it would help the terrible nose diving along with just setup changes and not lightning any other pieces. I am going to do the suggested removal of middle and rear brace to see if it will stop having the rear end feeling like its on ice the entire time as well as adding some XRay progressive rear springs. I hope it works cuz that L brand 2.0 I drove was on rails compared to the 410 and flew in air no problem. I know it's the set up since this truck seems to be winning some big races but the stock setup is honestly horrible compared to the box setup 2.0 so far
what is your full setup?
Old 03-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PRODURANGO
My Tekno truck is hooked up ! I have my anti squat set to the middle setting . This is allowing it to have more weight transfer to the rear . I am running my shocks on the second hole from the inside on the tower and the middle hole on the arm . Usind AE 32.5 oil and stock piston and spring . My rear camber links are on the inner lower hole on the tower and all the way out on the hub . Just say no to the Team L 2.0 ! Just a M.I.P copy .
Did you run it with stock set up at all? I ran both 410 and 2.0 both brand new box stock and after 20 minutes of quals with 410 we switched controllers and I immediately had laps 1.5+ seconds faster with 2.0 and it just flat out drove better in corners and flew over the triple I couldn't even think about in the 410. I'm going to try the suggested changes but like I said the base setup is not good for me and it seems many others. Rear way too loose and nose dives like a brick. It's got to be the set up since its winning a lot. I'm not new to this either got a few SC4x4 RCPRO state champ 2 yrs now and roar regional champion titles plus 2nd in club series 3 yrs running but with the 410 first time out I got lapped by the guy I normally battle with and he is a sponsored Losi guy.

Last edited by USMC STONE; 03-14-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 03-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
lol. It's definitely not like the sc10 4x4 on the for sale threads

what is your full setup?
I set it up stock first except for 37.5 front oil and 32.5 rear for 10-15 minutes then tried different ride heights but that didn't do much noticeable to help the loose rear and the nosediving. It has been suggested I remove middle and rear brace and put stiffer springs on rear and change from stock roll center. I could work it so it would jump ok every now and then but if you have any jump like we do that you need to be at, or near full throttle, it just flopped and that Losi would eagle fly on by me on that triple. I'm running the HW 4000 combo with a 16.

Last edited by USMC STONE; 03-14-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Rookie

AWWW CRAP!!! You're right.
<----He's a dumbass. LOL!

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
From what it looks like on the steering link you had the the bolt on top, you are supposed to have the lock-nut on the steering rack. That`s why the bolt pulled through, I have had mine in both of those positions and have been running the truck since the first batch came out.
They do make an aluminum version too.............
Paul Rush
I was falling asleep when I assembled this section. Duhhh!
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I really dont need the aluminum plate after all.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I set it up stock first except for 37.5 front oil and 32.5 rear for 10-15 minutes then tried different ride heights but that didn't do much noticeable to help the loose rear and the nosediving. It has been suggested I remove middle and rear brace and put stiffer springs on rear and change from stock roll center. I could work it so it would jump ok every now and then but if you have any jump like we do that you need to be at, or near full throttle, it just flopped and that Losi would eagle fly on by me on that triple. I'm running the HW 4000 combo with a 16.
no worries, if you saw the vids I posted from my carpet running with the sct410 it does need some setup changes for the nose down issue. I had to hit jumps at a steady speed, any acceleration close to or on the face would cause my to nose down hard.

I hope to test our some new pistons this monday, but my initial drop impressions for the 1.3mm x 8 hole pistons I have is that the pack feels right. I also went with stiffer springs in general with the 1.2's so using the same on these.

Still using the stock pistons, I have read guys going up higher on oil weights, much higher.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Only way I'd go back to Losi is if I can't ever get the setup right. I was sick of hearing from there workers that nothing was wrong with diffs or wobbly driveshafts, out drives or from factory stripped screws or putty strength shock towers and chassis or ect ect ect. I will admit the 2.0 fixed all of that and I'm sorry but its not a MIP copy. I was just surprised that after driving the 410 for 20-25 minutes and the first lap I turn when we switched controllers was faster by 1.5 seconds and I continued that pace with much more control with 2.0. I never drive indoors and these tracks in VA almost are all large 1/8 tracks where we have jumps that you need to be close to full speed to clear and it didn't have any control if you did that it would just immediately nose down. I should have tried more set ups and like you said it semi flew ok if I was only at half speed and could peg it after launching to keep the nose up. I'm gonna mod the battery tray to get some weight to the back. The other thing I was going to try was just the new lightened chassis then add some lead weights in the back to see if that would help. The 410 does one thing I noticed better than the 2.0 and that was turn off power, it could almost sniff its own tale if it turned sharper

Last edited by USMC STONE; 03-14-2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I have a bottle of liquid Teflon that goes on wet and then dries. It is perfect for this type of joint where you don't want grease attracting dirt.

Originally Posted by XzedamX
For the CVA assembly build is it necessary to put some grease or is it better to keep them dry?
For the shock what it is better to use green slime or oil?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I did a battery tray mod on mine yesterday. Not difficult at all and allows you to move the battery back about 3/8-1/2".

The small piece of graphite glued to the servo mount acts as a stop to keep the battery from being able to move rearward enough to get into the spur. the gray tube is also a spacer to force the battery to the far left of the mudgaurd to make sure there is plenty of room between it and the rotating parts.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt1970
I have my SCT410 arriving tomorrow and I'm still searching for best motor and esc combo. I want a good system, but around $300 or less. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to get something and not like it and have to turn around and sell it.
http://builtrc.com/ should be of the front page, the SCT pro and a 4000kv motor for under 175.00
Very quick, strong and cool running

You may want to get the programmer too, The 2 in 1 is REALLY easy to change all the shtuff in the ESC and you can update the firmware with it too!

Last edited by sickpuppy1; 03-14-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I am not a huge fan of alum screws. The heads strip out too easily. I will stick with the steel. I think a better weight saving might be Ti turnbuckles and towers.
+1 I think that may be the only thing I may change if I get bored.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
Nice! I need to be working but I'm locked in the points race with Matt. So I guess I gotta go.

You gonna run it the with Barry's set-up?

Or is it gonna get the Racer X treatment?

Amain hosed my on my sway bars. So I'll be hurting a little....

BTW, Got my SWEET ACE 55 Chevy body last night... Gonna be niiiiiiiiiiiice...
What swaybar are you looking for? I think there is a 2.6 in the bottom drawer of my tool box that Un4rcing has. I have a 2.2 coming and if it gets here in time, I will drop it by the track Saturday. I dont leave for Chi-town till Sunday noon. So while UN gets 1st dibs, You can use em if ya need them. I gave him freedom to change anything he wants, So if you guys want to experiment with mine go for it.
I know UN is a good driver and set up guy so I have faith. You should have seen the durability test he did Tuesday, LMAO Coming off the table top he hit that lip with power to jump over to the flat and steered it just a bit off, and POW, right into that pole at speed! Thank goodness he hit it square in the middle of the truck, but it didnt bust or bend anything! I swear I felt it hit from the drivers stand.. Dang, I say this and gave him my stuff for 2 weeks! I really AM a sickpuppy !
Old 03-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickpuppy1
What swaybar are you looking for? I think there is a 2.6 in the bottom drawer of my tool box that Un4rcing has. I have a 2.2 coming and if it gets here in time, I will drop it by the track Saturday. I dont leave for Chi-town till Sunday noon. So while UN gets 1st dibs, You can use em if ya need them. I gave him freedom to change anything he wants, So if you guys want to experiment with mine go for it.
I know UN is a good driver and set up guy so I have faith. You should have seen the durability test he did Tuesday, LMAO Coming off the table top he hit that lip with power to jump over to the flat and steered it just a bit off, and POW, right into that pole at speed! Thank goodness he hit it square in the middle of the truck, but it didnt bust or bend anything! I swear I felt it hit from the drivers stand.. Dang, I say this and gave him my stuff for 2 weeks! I really AM a sickpuppy !
I went threw the hole suspension. Arms and links are free a smooth. Working on the shocks though, to much pack. There tricky to get right. Thanks for the loaner. And don't worry about your kit. The pole on the other hand could be in trouble.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
Nice! I need to be working but I'm locked in the points race with Matt. So I guess I gotta go.

You gonna run it the with Barry's set-up?

Or is it gonna get the Racer X treatment?

Amain hosed my on my sway bars. So I'll be hurting a little....

BTW, Got my SWEET ACE 55 Chevy body last night... Gonna be niiiiiiiiiiiice...
He told me to do what ever I wanted to with it so yeah I am going to dial it to my liking. If I don't like I will just sell it...LOL
Old 03-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did you run it with stock set up at all? I ran both 410 and 2.0 both brand new box stock and after 20 minutes of quals with 410 we switched controllers and I immediately had laps 1.5+ seconds faster with 2.0 and it just flat out drove better in corners and flew over the triple I couldn't even think about in the 410. I'm going to try the suggested changes but like I said the base setup is not good for me and it seems many others. Rear way too loose and nose dives like a brick. It's got to be the set up since its winning a lot. I'm not new to this either got a few SC4x4 RCPRO state champ 2 yrs now and roar regional champion titles plus 2nd in club series 3 yrs running but with the 410 first time out I got lapped by the guy I normally battle with and he is a sponsored Losi guy.
I didn't run it stock set up . From what I had read about the rear being loose I used my 20 + years of racing experience on how to tighten a truck up and built it the way I explained . It's working for my driving style . It's way more predictable than my Durango has ever been . I'm thinking about taking a little bit of rear toe out for our indoor tracks and put it back in when we go outside .
Old 03-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Thanks man, One of the options with this truck is to run to bladders, but take out the bleeder screw to let the bladders move more. You can also remove the bladder and run emulsion style like your 44.2. So that gives you some options. I'm also gonna get CS pistons when I get back.FYI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.