Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspfeiss
Can't wait to beat up on ya!
I will be ready to brawl. I mean well I am going to drive it like I borrowed it....
Old 03-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by sickpuppy1
Thanks man, One of the options with this truck is to run to bladders, but take out the bleeder screw to let the bladders move more. You can also remove the bladder and run emulsion style like your 44.2. So that gives you some options. I'm also gonna get CS pistons when I get back.FYI
It sux to do it but if you take off the o-ring down stops and put the eyelet back on and then bleed them they are more plush. I will have some testing to do but I think I have it feeling pretty good. Still a work in progress. Its all oil weights after that.

Do the down stops have to be on there? Is anyone running with out them?
Old 03-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I run a lightweight truck at 6lbs 4oz and I love
It just as planted very nimble and not so lazy
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There is a reason for the O-rings, but I think it was a indoor/outdoor kinda thing, I dont remember right now, its not in the manual but Tekno came on one day and explained it,........and then old age crept back in......
Old 03-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Lord

There is a reason for the O-rings, but I think it was a indoor/outdoor kinda thing, I dont remember right now, its not in the manual but Tekno came on one day and explained it,........and then old age crept back in......
I would think its going to hydra lock if I take them off after bleeding them with them on and then the oil will blow out. I will be playing with that for a few rounds. They feel better with out them to me. I was thinking with out them maybe there is to much roll or something? And tip over. I can see the purpose on high bite.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Found it!

The o-rings are there to help with excessive body roll. Stiffer swaybars helps as well, but they affect the whole range of travel, the o-ring only affect the last 10% or, right where a rollover might occur. If you're track is really bumpy and blown out, removing them is a good idea. If your track is really smooth and flowy, try running them all. I'm running 3 per shock right now.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Lord

Found it!

The o-rings are there to help with excessive body roll. Stiffer swaybars helps as well, but they affect the whole range of travel, the o-ring only affect the last 10% or, right where a rollover might occur. If you're track is really bumpy and blown out, removing them is a good idea. If your track is really smooth and flowy, try running them all. I'm running 3 per shock right now.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by USMC STONE
Did you run it with stock set up at all? I ran both 410 and 2.0 both brand new box stock and after 20 minutes of quals with 410 we switched controllers and I immediately had laps 1.5+ seconds faster with 2.0 and it just flat out drove better in corners and flew over the triple I couldn't even think about in the 410. I'm going to try the suggested changes but like I said the base setup is not good for me and it seems many others. Rear way too loose and nose dives like a brick. It's got to be the set up since its winning a lot. I'm not new to this either got a few SC4x4 RCPRO state champ 2 yrs now and roar regional champion titles plus 2nd in club series 3 yrs running but with the 410 first time out I got lapped by the guy I normally battle with and he is a sponsored Losi guy.
After opening up the piston holes, and using the ae 37.5/30 and stock springs it jumped better. Had more spring and lift off the face and the want to nose dive was basically gone. This is on a small speed bump style jump.

What swaybar are you looking for? I think there is a 2.6 in the bottom drawer of my tool box that Un4rcing has. I have a 2.2 coming and if it gets here in time, I will drop it by the track Saturday. I dont leave for Chi-town till Sunday noon. So while UN gets 1st dibs, You can use em if ya need them. I gave him freedom to change anything he wants, So if you guys want to experiment with mine go for it.
I know UN is a good driver and set up guy so I have faith. You should have seen the durability test he did Tuesday, LMAO Coming off the table top he hit that lip with power to jump over to the flat and steered it just a bit off, and POW, right into that pole at speed! Thank goodness he hit it square in the middle of the truck, but it didnt bust or bend anything! I swear I felt it hit from the drivers stand.. Dang, I say this and gave him my stuff for 2 weeks! I really AM a sickpuppy !
I ordered the 2.5 and 2.6, so yeah if I can wrestle it from Anthony then I give it try. Thanks and good luck at the training deal. BTW, I moved down the stand to the opposite end I normally stand on, I promptly smacked the ish out of that pole. I moved back to normal spot after that.

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I went threw the hole suspension. Arms and links are free a smooth. Working on the shocks though, to much pack. There tricky to get right. Thanks for the loaner. And don't worry about your kit. The pole on the other hand could be in trouble.
Drilling the pistons seems to have helped, runs much smooter in the bumpy sections and jumped better. I hoping a strong sway bar and little heavier oil will be the ticket.

He told me to do what ever I wanted to with it so yeah I am going to dial it to my liking. If I don't like I will just sell it...LOL
Right! Tune it up and get it dialed.... then sell it and buy another one.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, four was what the manual called for. So thats where its been. As I told Vegatron, there is a 2.6 mm sway bar in the bottom drawer of my tool box and if the 2.2 comes in B4 I leave I will drop it and the manual by on Saturday. Think I may put the 17.5 in the LXT and drop it by too, if I come by.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
LOL Its my trade mark now days....
Old 03-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Lord

Yeah, four was what the manual called for. So thats where its been. As I told Vegatron, there is a 2.6 mm sway bar in the bottom drawer of my tool box and if the 2.2 comes in B4 I leave I will drop it and the manual by on Saturday. Think I may put the 17.5 in the LXT and drop it by too, if I come by.
Sounds good I bet the 2.2 would be nice on the rear. I know Chuck got some stuff in to..?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
LMFAO !! I was gonna say not with MY truck, but if its new and he takes off my aluminum stuff then.........
Old 03-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I would think its going to hydra lock if I take them off after bleeding them with them on and then the oil will blow out. I will be playing with that for a few rounds. They feel better with out them to me. I was thinking with out them maybe there is to much roll or something? And tip over. I can see the purpose on high bite.
Agree. If I've ever limited up travel I build without the limiters with 0 rebound and then add limiters as needed.
Or no limiter like your playing with and limit down travel with the grubs to control the dive or roll or a combo of the limiter and grub.
No vent screws with bladder build (as said) gives less rebound in the build than with.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fq06
If I've ever limited up travel I build without the limiters with 0 rebound and then add limiters as needed.
Or not, I prefer to limit down travel with the grubs to control the dive or roll or a combo of the limiter and grub.
No vent screws with bladder build (as said) gives less rebound in the build than with.
Thanks. I plan to try the shocks with full up or stroke travel. I think it will be fine on our dirt. I will add if needed. What oils you running?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

For you guys who dont know Un4racing, he did a great set of build videos on the B44.2 that got picked up by Petitrc. He has done alot of in depth on it and many subscribers to his youtube channel about it. He now has his hands on my 410 so lets see what kind of set up stuff peaks his interest on this thing. I'm gonna be watching from my trip. Cant go anywhere without my netbook, ya know....
He's wanting to do the same on a EB48! we'll see what happens with that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.