Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

SMC 7200mah or IP (pro-match) 7200mah. or some other brand with high mah's
Old 09-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bcholka
Maybe try going down to 7-5-5 but really could use more info. The general consensus is to NOT go below 5 in the rear due to the dreaded "diff whip" issue that was heavily discussed about 200 or so pages back--but I know there are some that have found 2 or 3k to work in the rear (albeit not too many)....
Yeah, one of them here. I think the big thing with the diff whip issue is using the appropriate swaybar and oring uptravel limiters. I haven't removed those like others (or I should say gone to 2 of them versus 4). This at least what I am thinking would help as it limits how much roll is seen so you don't lift the inner wheel and "whip out".

Again, just what I am thinking, I could be wrong on the why, it just seems to work for me and I love the traction I get.

Originally Posted by FRONTI3R
SMC 7200mah or IP (pro-match) 7200mah. or some other brand with high mah's
+1

Anyway to get just the shock bladders? Or, if anyone has them that they won't be using, let me know.

Last edited by Cain; 09-11-2013 at 11:38 AM. Reason: asking about shock bladders separate
Old 09-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

On the up travel orings...

The new lower shock caps have instructions to use zero orings if you were previously using 2. Has everyone that is running the new caps found that to be accurate.
Last time I drove I was getting a mean traction roll if I came into the turn at the end of the straight a little hot.
I did not add any orings which by the addendum should be like running 2. Limited down travel to what most are running, I forgot... 101 & 119 or something like that.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The Tenshocks really suck down the mah, especially when wide open on dust with wheelspin.
Make sure you run a 7200 pack from someplace (I like SMC, which I've been running).

Also consider using more current limit to help your run time out.
Clean and good connectors are also big, both to reduce resistance and because that helps keep connector and wire temps down.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain
Yeah, one of them here. I think the big thing with the diff whip issue is using the appropriate swaybar and oring uptravel limiters. I haven't removed those like others (or I should say gone to 2 of them versus 4). This at least what I am thinking would help as it limits how much roll is seen so you don't lift the inner wheel and "whip out".

Again, just what I am thinking, I could be wrong on the why, it just seems to work for me and I love the traction I get.
7-7-3 for me, and I love it. I've tried everything else, and I don't get the rear diffing out issue with mine. Turns like a mofo on and off the throttle and when I hit the throttle it pulls itself around the track. Super easy to drive hard.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:11 PM
dhh
Tech Rookie

Finally found my new diff setup last night. 7-6-4. It ran awesome for me last night. Ive been monkeying around with my diff fluids for a while and this combo finally made my truck stick like glue in the corners.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
The Tenshocks really suck down the mah, especially when wide open on dust with wheelspin.
Make sure you run a 7200 pack from someplace (I like SMC, which I've been running).

Also consider using more current limit to help your run time out.
Clean and good connectors are also big, both to reduce resistance and because that helps keep connector and wire temps down.

Yes... Lots and lots of WOT.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The current limiter is currently, not limiting... I'll tone that down some just to see what it does for the run time (I'm not too serious of a racer, but I do enjoy going fast...) but a longer runtime for practice would be nice for sure; just to get in the groove of things a bit more.

I'm kind of torn on the batteries now. I've heard so many good things about the SMCs that I think I owe them a shot... (But that is the main reason I got the SPCs in the first place too; and they've been a total let down in my case.)

Either way, when I get some more new packs, I'm going to put them in my 2wd SCT, and show the difference in the punch between them, the new Gens Ace I got, and the SPCs. With the SPCs I can't even clear the 10' table top at my local track(as seen cleared by 10' with my new sct410 on the first lap in the video.)
Old 09-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrimmReaper
7-7-3 for me, and I love it. I've tried everything else, and I don't get the rear diffing out issue with mine. Turns like a mofo on and off the throttle and when I hit the throttle it pulls itself around the track. Super easy to drive hard.
cool. I'll be trying 7-7-2 this weekend, coming from 7-5-2 which was good, but I think this will be better.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got my HW 4000 and my 7200 SMC battery in today... Just waiting for my servo to come and I'm ready to go... Anyone have some ESC spec's using a VTX8? I have a 15, 16, and 17T pinion I can use.. This is for outdoor med and large tracks....
Thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by colormegone
Got my HW 4000 and my 7200 SMC battery in today... Just waiting for my servo to come and I'm ready to go... Anyone have some ESC spec's using a VTX8? I have a 15, 16, and 17T pinion I can use.. This is for outdoor med and large tracks....
Thanks
I know you could gear up pretty good with the 4000 so try the 17 first
Old 09-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
I know you could gear up pretty good with the 4000 so try the 17 first
I have 32P pinions... What is the pitch on the stock tekno spur?
Sure doesn't seem like the right mesh
Old 09-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

@Erevo Wow it's great to see another Traxxas convert lol.. I had to unsubscribe from a million Slash threads and the 1/16 threads and here I am and I must say the guys here on this thread are great and xxXDadXXxx isn't trolling around for talk of non traxxas products..

Aside from that, I would toss your Gens Ace batteries or use them in a pipebomb because they are not worth it at all in this truck... Go with SMC, great price great batteries and most importantly great consistent punch through the whole race. Get you 6500 for your heats and a 7200 for your mains and you should be good., Pics are great, I wish more people posted but like you said maybe it's not a RC Tech type of thing..

As far as the BCE Chassis.. I'm confused, why get another chassis for this beast, doesn't Tekno make a lightened version of the chassis? It's kinda hard to improve on what works great as is... Just sayin..
Old 09-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

You need mod1
Old 09-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This truck used Mod1 gears.

Originally Posted by ArmySSG
@Erevo Wow it's great to see another Traxxas convert lol.. I had to unsubscribe from a million Slash threads and the 1/16 threads and here I am and I must say the guys here on this thread are great and xxXDadXXxx isn't trolling around for talk of non traxxas products..

Aside from that, I would toss your Gens Ace batteries or use them in a pipebomb because they are not worth it at all in this truck... Go with SMC, great price great batteries and most importantly great consistent punch through the whole race. Get you 6500 for your heats and a 7200 for your mains and you should be good., Pics are great, I wish more people posted but like you said maybe it's not a RC Tech type of thing..

As far as the BCE Chassis.. I'm confused, why get another chassis for this beast, doesn't Tekno make a lightened version of the chassis? It's kinda hard to improve on what works great as is... Just sayin..
Not really sure the difference in the BCE chassis yet. Three people claim its godly tho. Ill wait till they are avail to everyone before i start to take any reviews seriously.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

You need a MOD1 Pinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.