Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by USMC STONE
[U[/U]

Unfortunately you will more than likely need a lot more than a club point series victory to get any sponsors especially if only 4-5 people are even in the running in the point series at your local track. You will need to travel to major events and series and also win those and win often against much stiffer competition than you will see at any local track. I know someone that has even won the roar 1/8 buggy/truggy and Sc series and state races in our area and He is lucky to get 50-75%. OS won't sponsor him. Plus if your old like me then they aren't really interested
This info is all wrong. Go to the Tekno site and select contact us. Theres an email adress to send in your app. Tekno doesnt care that youre not attending huge races and winning every race. They would much rather have someone supporting there product and making it look good. I have won few races in my day, but yet I still have a deal.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
As others have mentioned, having stiffer springs on hand is a really good idea. As for how much stiffer and how much thicker on oil or smaller/fewer holes on pistons, that will depend largely on how smooth and high bite the indoor clay is.

Having 8x1.3 pistons to try is good and you can make 8x1.2's to test with by gluing 2 holes on the stock 10x1.2 together if you think you need even more pack than the 8x1.3.

I personally like the CF shock towers a lot, as they help to lower the CG a bit and make traction rolling less likely. If I were on super loose conditions though, I'd keep the stockers (or more likely get the EB48 thicker ones) so I had the roll to put more weight on the outside and get some grip.

I really like the extra oomph I got from switching to the al driveshaft. Most would recommend NOT changing out the chassis, as you want the weight lower to counteract the body's weight up high.

If you don't have huge 1/8 jumps that make other 10th scales cry in fear of breaking, also give the air guards a shot.

My wife's truck runs mostly the bary baker setup with yellow Tekno springs all around, both indoors on packed dirt (medium bite when in great damp condition) and outdoors on our super high grip (might as well be sandpaper surface) with reasonable results.
I run 2 different setups, but after my last outdoor podium I stopped working on that setup further as it is now time to go indoors. I didn't think it was worthy of posting yet, but it basically boiled down to putting the rear and center braces back in, changing a rear camber link, putting the rear hubs all the way back, using stiffer front springs, stiffer anti-sway bars, and limiting droop more than normal. I normally run Tekno yellow in the rear with Kyosho orange up front for indoor and Kyosho light blue up front for outdoor (Tekno Yellow is closest to light blue).

I would suggest having some stiffer sway bars around to try messing with too. You can achieve similar results in some areas by just swapping springs, just swapping pistons, just swapping fluids, or just swapping sway bars...but other areas will change a bit different depending on which you use.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

The SCT410 is in my shopping cart as we speak, los like I'm going to be a Tekno owner very soon.

Is the build pretty straightforward and no mods or changes needed? Unlike some other kits where you have trim a part here or add a washer here,etc.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

The SCT410 is in my shopping cart as we speak, los like I'm going to be a Tekno owner very soon.

Is the build pretty straightforward and no mods or changes needed? Unlike some other kits where you have trim a part here or add a washer here,etc.
build is good to go, only thing is rear inner camber link screws need to be reversed, check out first page, also I'd get the aluminum servo horn and aluminum hexes
Old 10-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Also add in the new angled rear diff case and the 2 larger 5x13x4mm bearings for it.
Its not necessary, but a nice upgrade that you won't have to do later since your building it, might as well. Check gear mesh but you probably won't need washers next to the bearings with the angled rear diff like you do with the standard front diff.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Angled-Gearbox

The build is very straight forward, nothing needed other than what's in the manual and like xrated mentioned check the 1st page of this thread for the rear camber screw mod and also which side guards go where.

Last edited by fq06; 10-07-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Picked up a good win with the Tekno yesterday. TQ and won both A1 and A2.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
build is good to go, only thing is rear inner camber link screws need to be reversed, check out first page, also I'd get the aluminum servo horn and aluminum hexes
Originally Posted by fq06
Also add in the new angled rear diff case and the 2 larger 5x13x4mm bearings for it.
Its not necessary, but a nice upgrade that you won't have to do later since your building it, might as well. Check gear mesh but you probably won't need washers next to the bearings with the angled rear diff like you do with the standard front diff.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Angled-Gearbox

The build is very straight forward, nothing needed other than what's in the manual and like xrated mentioned check the 1st page of this thread for the rear camber screw mod and also which side guards go where.

Thanks fellas, I'll add those parts to the list.

Too bad we can't add a sticky to the first post for all the mods,tips, updated parts,etc.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Don't forget the bearings, they are not in the kit.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...x4mm-Bearing-4
Or
http://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bear...-bearings.html
Old 10-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
Thanks fellas, I'll add those parts to the list.

Too bad we can't add a sticky to the first post for all the mods,tips, updated parts,etc.
By mods if you mean upgrades just go to teknorc website and click on sct410 then click option parts and it'll show you every upgrade for the truck made from tekno, also first page shows option parts from a few different companies
Old 10-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default BCE Tekno T1 Pro

I got my BCE Tekno T1 Pro Chassis in the mail today.

First impression was wow.. Beautiful finish and milling.

The chassis feels lighter (no scale sorry) and is defiantly different. The battery back is slid back in the chassis thus requiring the battery tray to be modified. Also a good note is that you must start with a standard battery tray and cut it.

Side by side comparison

A look at how far back the battery is moved. Black sock chassis under BCE chassis

Shot of area up front of battery tray that needs modifying

Shot of rear (mech brake area) that needs cut off

Shot of chassis after battery side tray mod

Final completion shot

I'm going to try to get some testing in wednesday night, but if not I will be running the chassis this weekend for sure. I'll report back on my impressions.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
I got my BCE Tekno T1 Pro Chassis in the mail today.

First impression was wow.. Beautiful finish and milling.

The chassis feels lighter (no scale sorry) and is defiantly different. The battery back is slid back in the chassis thus requiring the battery tray to be modified. Also a good note is that you must start with a standard battery tray and cut it.

Side by side comparison

A look at how far back the battery is moved. Black sock chassis under BCE chassis

Shot of area up front of battery tray that needs modifying

Shot of rear (mech brake area) that needs cut off

Shot of chassis after battery side tray mod

Final completion shot

I'm going to try to get some testing in wednesday night, but if not I will be running the chassis this weekend for sure. I'll report back on my impressions.
Sweet!! See you Saturday. Gonna be nice to see in person
Old 10-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up battery tray mod

I`m new on this tread so i don`t want to be harsh on any body but this whole battery tray mod is just for who too lazy to work a little bit on the suspension setups! i got the sct410 last week and the first run YES my car was nose diving bad! but after a few small change voila the car jumping great and even parachuting but easier to bring the noise down with brake, than bringing up with throttle punch!
i will post my setup sheet if u like. the track was 140x70 perfect for both sct or ebuggy!
oh i forget to tell! i was tq and winning both sct410 and eb48 last weekend.

btw: i`m pretty sure before tekno release the sct410, teat it for a few months, and if they have the nose dive issue they will fix that before putting on the market! its a well made car for sure!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

I think in the beginning people were using the battery tray mod to get rid of nose dive, but since it has been able to be tuned out regardless of where you place the battery.

Most that do including myself are using the tray mod as a tuning tool. I and many others have not had nose dive from day one of driving it.

But your right, generally, you want to tune the chassis before you get the hacksaw out
Old 10-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lazi
I`m new on this tread so i don`t want to be harsh on any body but this whole battery tray mod is just for who too lazy to work a little bit on the suspension setups!
Really.... maybe some just prefer the attitude of the car with the weight shifted back. I've tested setups and changes all summer up to 3 times a week and like the way the truck transfers weight better with the battery I run shifted back.

I think maybe those calling people using the battery mod lazy are the lazy ones. The battery mod isn't for changing the trucks flight. Read the forum, research the mod, and don't come into this forum guns a blazin calling people lazy. Thats not how we roll in this forum.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Lazi
I`m new on this tread so i don`t want to be harsh on any body but this whole battery tray mod is just for who too lazy to work a little bit on the suspension setups! i got the sct410 last week and the first run YES my car was nose diving bad! but after a few small change voila the car jumping great and even parachuting but easier to bring the noise down with brake, than bringing up with throttle punch!
i will post my setup sheet if u like. the track was 140x70 perfect for both sct or ebuggy!
oh i forget to tell! i was tq and winning both sct410 and eb48 last weekend.

btw: i`m pretty sure before tekno release the sct410, teat it for a few months, and if they have the nose dive issue they will fix that before putting on the market! its a well made car for sure!
I wouldn't say people are lazy because just moving the battery tray back won't dial in their truck, they're still going to have to make other adjustments, I didn't do it myself but I think of it as other people that do it are just adding to the trucks already great performance which I believe the mod was beneficial on top other adjustments and that's why BCE built the chassis with the battery tray already placed further back

Whoever else is using that BCE chassis let us know if its a beneficial improvement worth the money
Old 10-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

@ redbeard, so what's that chassis supposed to improve on? If its lighter does that mean that the drive train should be lightened to try to bring cog back down?

@lazi id like to see your setup, post it up

@anyone, I'm looking for a good shock setup to have a good initial pack but soft and plush, through the rough stuff, I run on indoor med to large size tracks with med to somewhat large jumps. Med bite clay, I'm running box stock now with vented bladder. I picked up some green and Orange tekno springs, also some 8x1.3 kyosho pistons to try out. Thinking about trying emulsion but need new shock caps that havnt been drilled yet, I don't really trust plugging them. As far as pistons go, is the final # the only thing that matters or would different hole # and sizes have different effects even if they were very close in final open space? Like if a 12x1.0 and a 6x2.0 would pretty much be the same or have very different effects? Thanks all, oh and I love my truck! Thanx Tekno!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.