Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I believe losi fronts are the same offset as xray fronts. Losi rears need at least a +1.50 rear hex I think.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:17 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone experienced the rear left arm drooping down more then the right side?

I am using a 1 mm internal shim in the right shock and a 3 mm internal shim in the left and the left side is still lower then the right. (had to do this to keep the drive shaft from coming out of the diff out drive cup)

Things I have checked

*Chassis is not tweaked. Used a straight edge, all is good.
*Rear arms are not cracked or loose.
*Camber links are same length.
*Shock tower not cracked. Even measured the height of the shock mounts on the tower and both are equal height measured from the chassis flat on on set up board with shocks off.
*With shocks on, the left side drive shaft still wants to hang out the diff out drive about 1 mm more then the right side.
*Drank 3 beers, looked again and the left still sags lower then right with or with out shocks mounted. Drank three more beers (different brand this time) out come still the same. So it is not the beer.
*Also checked for play inside the diff housing with the diff installed and all is snug, no movement with the bearing in housing and no side to side play.

Hope someone can shed some light on what I am missing.

Also, one more thing, what change in handling should I expect if I move the rear hub hing pin to the inner hole? (Both hub and arm)
Old 02-27-2018, 03:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PIHGUAM1
Has anyone experienced the rear left arm drooping down more then the right side?

I am using a 1 mm internal shim in the right shock and a 3 mm internal shim in the left and the left side is still lower then the right. (had to do this to keep the drive shaft from coming out of the diff out drive cup)

Things I have checked

*Shock tower not cracked. Even measured the height of the shock mounts on the tower and both are equal height measured from the chassis flat on on set up board with shocks off.
*With shocks on, the left side drive shaft still wants to hang out the diff out drive about 1 mm more then the right side.
*Drank 3 beers, looked again and the left still sags lower then right with or with out shocks mounted. Drank three more beers (different brand this time) out come still the same. So it is not the beer.
*Also checked for play inside the diff housing with the diff installed and all is snug, no movement with the bearing in housing and no side to side play.

Also, one more thing, what change in handling should I expect if I move the rear hub hing pin to the inner hole? (Both hub and arm)
I don’t think the diff is in the center of the car, hence the drive shaft plunge being different side to side.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Things I have checked

Check the overall length and depth of the I.D. bore of the rear shock bodies to confirm they are both the same.
Maybe one shock is longer or one of the I.D. depths deeper than the other
Old 02-27-2018, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

can you please post pictures from the rear of the car.. without the shocks on the car.

thanks
Old 02-27-2018, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is the sway bar attached? Bent hinge pin? Bent C or D block? Good luck, Daniel and the other team drivers will get you straightened out w/ some pictures.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

I concur with Tom87, the rear differential is not centered on the car. I'm running a 68mm drive shaft on the left side to compensate.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

I haven't driven 4wd since the 90's and I'm no expert on building these things. I used to race a yz10 and the yz4sf and xb4 2018 look virtually identical. But I do like the support and info x-ray give.

Anyone driven both? Any noticible differences?
Old 02-27-2018, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Hello PIHGUAM1,

How about trying to swap the Rear Shock Left to Right. Will the right side dropping more?

If so, then the total length of the shock might be the cause. One possibility that the shock end is not screwed in to the shaft equally.

Cheers..

Things I have checked

Old 02-27-2018, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

it's the diff not the shocks. like a couple people said the diff sits right of center in the car so the left bone will always hang out a little more than the right. Not a perfect solution but I am running 68mm bones as well.

I would take the extra limiters out of your left shock and mic your shocks to make sure they are the same. then I would look at getting some longer bones or running a different pill setting to keep your bones from coming out.

Last edited by xyzracer; 02-27-2018 at 09:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-28-2018, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stanleyw808
Hello PIHGUAM1,

How about trying to swap the Rear Shock Left to Right. Will the right side dropping more?

If so, then the total length of the shock might be the cause. One possibility that the shock end is not screwed in to the shaft equally.

Cheers..
Thanks. Tried that. Drive shaft still hangs out.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:57 AM
Tech Adept

Here is the picture.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is the picture.

If it's doing without the shocks attached then you have eliminated the possibility of the shocks being the problem. Must be something else
Old 02-28-2018, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Here is the picture.

To me it looks like the ball stud on the left side of the tower is lower then the right side. Check that
Old 02-28-2018, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I fail to see the problem, set both your shocks to the same length and you're good to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.