Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 07:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ForFunRC
Had the first run of '15 XB4 yesterday. I am new and crash a lot to put it into context, but I would have to say the XB4 is not nearly as robust as my B5M which I have been crashing endlessly since Feb at our track (every second Saturday). It has never broken and stopped for any reason, except when I used the steering horn that came with the servo. It never did quite fit. The kit steering horn actually did fit after all.

Yesterday I managed to pop the ball caps at the rear twice and stripped the steering horn. All in 2 races. A better horn needed perhaps?
i like the losi horns

http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/team-lo...oS8aAhnD8P8HAQ
Old 05-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

As far as 4wd's go the xray is the top of the class. I've survived much worse crashes with it over the 44.3 and that's without the extra $$ spend on RPM arms and B5 links, etc.

That said the extra weight and speed of a 4wd is going to more prone to damage than any 2wd although it fits into the same scale.

If you've only been racing since Feb I'd have to honestly say you probably jumped into 4wd too soon and should focus more on a car you can handle first.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ForFunRC
Had the first run of '15 XB4 yesterday. I am new and crash a lot to put it into context, but I would have to say the XB4 is not nearly as robust as my B5M which I have been crashing endlessly since Feb at our track (every second Saturday). It has never broken and stopped for any reason, except when I used the steering horn that came with the servo. It never did quite fit. The kit steering horn actually did fit after all.

Yesterday I managed to pop the ball caps at the rear twice and stripped the steering horn. All in 2 races. A better horn needed perhaps?
The stock servo horn isn't great however any stock plastic horn isn't good. The stock ballcups are great for low friction but they can pop off. Make sure you have full rotation on the link, make sure each ballcup is even on the ballstud. Some have had issues with the ballcups and switch out to a b5 ballcup and ballstud.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent

this wont brace the top of the case,it needs to connect to the 3rd screw down on the case to be stronger,like the one listed just below your post,that one is not in the usa though,anyone sell this or one like it in the states?

Not sure how you guys are getting by without a front and rear brace,on a good size triple ive broken 3,front and rear at diff times,the rest of the car is bullet proff.never broken anything else on it. I gotta come up with a rear diff case support as well. or this thing is almost useless on this track
Old 05-10-2015, 05:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mizchief
As far as 4wd's go the xray is the top of the class. I've survived much worse crashes with it over the 44.3 and that's without the extra $$ spend on RPM arms and B5 links, etc.

That said the extra weight and speed of a 4wd is going to more prone to damage than any 2wd although it fits into the same scale.

If you've only been racing since Feb I'd have to honestly say you probably jumped into 4wd too soon and should focus more on a car you can handle first.
I can understand the reason for the suggestion but it is a little misguided in this case I'm afraid. The crashes with the new XB4 were anything but speedy, but of course there is a little more weight. I am only running Stock 17.5T Blinky in OZ which means also no advance and it was the first run with the new car which made me also a little more cautious as I got the feel for it over the B5M. The B5M crashes have been at more speed and certainly more brutal.

To the other suggestions re the Horn and the ball cups etc, Thanks, I will look into it.

The car itself felt great and easier to drive than the B5M once I dialled back the steering speed a little, but I do need to grab some practice.

Last edited by ForFunRC; 05-10-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
this wont brace the top of the case,it needs to connect to the 3rd screw down on the case to be stronger,like the one listed just below your post,that one is not in the usa though,anyone sell this or one like it in the states?

Not sure how you guys are getting by without a front and rear brace,on a good size triple ive broken 3,front and rear at diff times,the rest of the car is bullet proff.never broken anything else on it. I gotta come up with a rear diff case support as well. or this thing is almost useless on this track
Never broken a front tower or bulkhead, over a year and 2 Xb4's running. I Have broken a rear bulkhead, once.

I do not run any extra supports or braces.

Not sure what track you run on, we run indoor.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

What oil CST is everyone using on the center gear diff for the buggy??
Old 05-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HulkNT1
What oil CST is everyone using on the center gear diff for the buggy??
100k to 500k depending on traction.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent
Never broken a front tower or bulkhead, over a year and 2 Xb4's running. I Have broken a rear bulkhead, once.

I do not run any extra supports or braces.

Not sure what track you run on, we run indoor.
Running indoor also,triple is long and aproaches a corner,is easy to over jump if traction is right on face. Ive seen 3 other xb4 buggies break at our track in same spot. But i see other brands breaking a arms,bulkheadz,pin holders amound others,never seen a xb4 break anywhere other than front and rear diff cases,top snaps off to easy cause the towers are only held on by 2 screws where plastic is thin...

no one knows where this brace is avail in the states?
Old 05-10-2015, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
Running indoor also,triple is long and aproaches a corner,is easy to over jump if traction is right on face. Ive seen 3 other xb4 buggies break at our track in same spot. But i see other brands breaking a arms,bulkheadz,pin holders amound others,never seen a xb4 break anywhere other than front and rear diff cases,top snaps off to easy cause the towers are only held on by 2 screws where plastic is thin...

no one knows where this brace is avail in the states?
Try discountrcstore.com
Old 05-11-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I need some help I was I'm in the middle of picking a buggy.

Anyone have any input on the pros and cons of this Buggy

Here is what I have so far:

Xray Pros

Change Battery format
Change to make things better
Great support from team people and RCtech
Can get parts In Dallas asap
The Steel is super great
Can make many changes to fit your needs

-----------------------------------------

Xray Cons
To many Updates Every month
Bad rear hanger but did fix it Feb sometime
Diff Gear Plastic
How to buy Center diff
Looks like you need many Opt to make it work?
Have to have parts on hand
Can have to many setup changes to tune your stuff out of a setup.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just bought an XB4 and here's the reason. X-ray cars are always top of the line no matter what class of vehicle. They are always in the top 3 as for quality. Their priced lower than the kyosho by quite a bit. Parts aren't too hard to find. Local support should be pretty ok since they are pretty popular cars. I can't wait to race mine for the first time on Wednesday!
Old 05-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by likea45
Try discountrcstore.com
no braces there other than roll center, anyone else seen these in the states?
Old 05-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default why I like Xray

Originally Posted by Motorman007
I need some help I was I'm in the middle of picking a buggy.

Anyone have any input on the pros and cons of this Buggy

Here is what I have so far:

Xray Pros

Change Battery format
Change to make things better
Great support from team people and RCtech
Can get parts In Dallas asap
The Steel is super great
Can make many changes to fit your needs

-----------------------------------------

Xray Cons
To many Updates Every month
Bad rear hanger but did fix it Feb sometime
Diff Gear Plastic
How to buy Center diff
Looks like you need many Opt to make it work?
Have to have parts on hand
Can have to many setup changes to tune your stuff out of a setup.
I have been through lots of RC Cars/manufacturers. I picked XB4 because of the toughness I found in the TC4 (touring car). However, part support at local tracks/hobby shop is very limited for me so I have to make sure I have xtra parts just in case. I don't go crazy with setup. I just make sure tires are the top choice for the track. Right now. SLICKS.......... HOOKED UP. Love em.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noworries
I have been through lots of RC Cars/manufacturers. I picked XB4 because of the toughness I found in the TC4 (touring car). However, part support at local tracks/hobby shop is very limited for me so I have to make sure I have xtra parts just in case. I don't go crazy with setup. I just make sure tires are the top choice for the track. Right now. SLICKS.......... HOOKED UP. Love em.
Thank you for you input sir.

Trying to get info on the xray and the HB D413.

These are my two I'm looking at.

Again thank you for your time sir

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.