Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10T4.1 Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer1812
IMO, if you can notice that flex, if there is any, you should be standing next to the Ryan's on the drivers stand.
Agreed. That's why I run the RPM ball cups. No difference in handling, huge difference in keeping me in the race when my truck clips a pipe or comes down wrong after big air.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What wheels should I use after I convert to 12mm hex fr and rr? Also I hear that the b4 front hex axles are going to allow for the same width overall? This true? Thx!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Good question. I know the old academy GV2T used hex wheels.

Maybe kyosho? They have a quick change wheel that appears to have a hex of some sort.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hopper99
What wheels should I use after I convert to 12mm hex fr and rr? Also I hear that the b4 front hex axles are going to allow for the same width overall? This true? Thx!
I got a set of TQ SX10T truck wheels for my hyper 10TT and those were 12mm hex with no quick change issues... Just good luck finding them anywhere. A-Main used to carry them, not any more.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

I am the new owner of a T4.1 Brushless RTR that I got to have fun at the track with my Son when driving his slash. I am new to RC driving other than bashing with my sons slash.

Today was first day with it at the track and I probably spent more time wrenching on it than driving it. Broke 2 ball cup ends a rear arm and had a steering ball cup end come off twice. Yeah I know driver better

Question is what can I do to make it a little more forgiving for a new driver.?

I think RPM stuff all around might be in order until I get better. Any other suggested part changes or differences?

Is there anything else or any set up tips that make it easier to drive aside from going slow?

Thanks Eric
Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

With all the trouble in finding hex wheels, why even bother?
Old 01-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Well if say the 22t or rt5 rims fit correctly it would be no trouble. If I have to search all over to find some rare obscure wheel then ofc I wouldn't convert.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

This portion of this post is a continuation of my prior post about the McMaster x-rings. I ran them for about 6 packs over a 2 week period. They definitely leak. Way more than the stock o-rings ever did. In addition, they have a small initial stick. I will not be using them again. I also bought the o-rings made of the same material (75 durometer fluoroelastomer). They stuck to the shaft so much that I didn't even bother to try them. My next order from McMaster is going to be for red silicone o-rings that SHOULD be a direct replacement for the stockers.

Next up is a continuation of my pic from last night. I noticed that the aluminum pivot balls seem to wear and get sloppy after a while. RPM makes delirin pivot balls, so I figured I'd give them a try and am quite happy with the results. A little mod to the lower front pivot balls to eliminate the flange and they're awesome! I left the flange on the rears as it provides just enough clearance to keep the springs from rubbing the turnbuckle. I also dremel'd the shock caps so I could use these as well (which is what was shown in the pic last night.

Tonight I decided to rebuild my shocks. I'm no shock rebuilding expert by ANY stretch. Therefore, I could never achieve 0 rebound (my desired amount). I always had some, albeit a small amount. And, if I'm going do a rebuild, why not try out the vcs2 upgrade kit. :-) This rebuild kit converts the shocks to bladder type. After grinding the eyes to fit the delrin pivot balls and drilling a vent hole, I assembled one. Wow! It took 0 effort to achieve 0 rebound. Also, they shocks feel WAY smoother to me. It's a pretty unbelievable transformation as far as I'm concerned. I don't think I'll ever go back to emulsion style. The following is a pic of my new frontend.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hopper99
Well if say the 22t or rt5 rims fit correctly it would be no trouble. If I have to search all over to find some rare obscure wheel then ofc I wouldn't convert.
Oh yeah I forgot about the 22T wheels, they should be good! RT5 rims would be a lil more difficult.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Rookie

has anybody ever tried adding a little clay inside the rear wheels to make the car more responsive to throttle or brake input while flying in the air?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Legend

So you are in essence wanting more weight on the wheels?

Only time I have seen people add clay was to balance the wheel. But I don't see why the concept wouldn't work.

As for the benefits of using hex wheels, etc. other than not having to make sure you line up the pins perfectly, being able to rotate the tires front and rear if you run on tracks where treaded fronts are the hot ticket would be a plus.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
As for the benefits of using hex wheels, etc. other than not having to make sure you line up the pins perfectly, being able to rotate the tires front and rear if you run on tracks where treaded fronts are the hot ticket would be a plus.
Thats why I did it. But I still use the JConcepts T4 Rear wheels on all 4 corners, the pins are ok (they work) - and there is not slop as with the QC setup. I would much prefer hexes all around, but havent found the right wheels yet. (yes, looks do count sometimes too!)
Old 01-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Legend

what are you using for rims?

The T4.1 I will be using will have the quick change wheel setup all around. Looking forward to seeing how well that works out and how quickly you can actually change the wheels.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JungleGeo
has anybody ever tried adding a little clay inside the rear wheels to make the car more responsive to throttle or brake input while flying in the air?
I would imagine that would only increase the unsprung weight and lesson the suspensions responsiveness. The clay would also have to be perfectly balanced so it wouldn't cause wobble.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hinecken
I would imagine that would only increase the unsprung weight and lesson the suspensions responsiveness. The clay would also have to be perfectly balanced so it wouldn't cause wobble.
Agree. Xfactory has a slipper flywheel that would do the same thing without adding unsprung weight. Its intended to have the opposite effect on a 4 gear trans, but on a stock 3 gear it would have the effect you're looking for. Just be careful because it will probably reduce throttle response a bit and make your truck a wheelie monster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.