Wiki Posts
Search

RC10T4.1 Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
I know this is an older thread, but this is where I will probably get the best answers.

I just picked up a used T4.1, got it running with some old radio gear I had, so now it has a Reedy 4900kV brushless and 2S lipo. I am having some severe traction problems.

I have a pair of step pins and some TLR Taper pins with Panther micro ribs for the front, as well as some older Proline step pin rears. I run the truck on a very tight indoor carpet track, and a very hard packed outdoor. I have the gearing set-up that I need for both tracks but indoors the truck will NOT steer under power and outside the back end wont stay under the truck.

I did get the gullwing arms and ordered a front tower to go with them, will my current shocks work with them? Also what changes can I make to get more front traction inside and more rear traction outside? I dont mind changing setups, or even building a second set of shocks. Right now I have green front springs and blue rears, 30wt front and rear.

How do these trucks take to running rear tires in the front?

Is there any website or anything that I can go to/get to help me with tuning myself? I would rather learn how to figure out the changes I need to make than to be told what parts to use.
I dont really have an answer for you, however, there are a ton of threads on here that have tips for getting traction (front and rear)...maybe a search would make those pop up.
In addition, I regularly use rear tires on the front of my t4.1, and i made smaller foam pieces to fine-tune my battery position and found that it makes a pretty significant difference where that battery sits.
Hopefully youll get it dialed soon, sounds like a nice setup.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Hex Conversion

Sorry I know this is an old thread. Haven't graduated to the .2 yet. Picked up the following for a T4.1 12mm hex conversion.

-Jconcepts #2170 front axle 12mm hex conversion kit
-Associated #9883 wheel hex adapters (4 total)
-Associated #9880 Steering blocks
-Jconcepts #3354Y 12mm front/rear 12mm hex wheels

A few questions:
1) The #9883 hex adapters are two sizes. Two are a little thicker. Which ones go in the front and back?
2) The hex adapters from Associated seem a tad big for the 12mm wheels. Will they work themselves in or do I very slightly sand down the adapters to fit in the wheels?
3) OR just call it a day and get the aluminum #9892 and #9893 (front and rear)?

Looks like I need 4/40 nuts (#4449) for the steering block to hold in the ball stud? I plan on racing on dirt/indoor clay. Thx