Wiki Posts
Search

RC10T4.1 Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirKarnage
Yes, the T4 can be just as competitive as the 4.1. they are still the same truck.
The 4.1 only has update/upgrades out of the box.

First take all the "aluminum" this and thats out of the equation. These are helpful parts, not "needed" parts.
you can get the same degree of perfermance out of the plastics.

Secondly, the plastics themselves. In regards to your Plastics/Carbon/Graphite question:
Each form of part has different characteristics in certain climates/track conditions...
Plastics generally provide more flex, whereas the carbons are stiffer..less flex.
Plastics will hold up better in the cold and likewise the carbon tends to be brittle.
Which also leads me into the RPM comment... Those are aftermarket.
they tend to hold up better than stocks and have that RPM warranty (if your willing to ship them in)..
For the shocks, the V2's are hands down the best improvement on the truck in my opinion.
^^^ agree.

As far as racing, I'm not a big fan of RPM parts, only because they flex different than the stock parts. Making it harder to get setup info/comparisons from other racers.

I'm still running a T4, with some .1 parts. Shocks, slipper, and certain chassis parts...
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ok, works like a charm .. poor pics via my crackberry phone, but you will get the idea. It's rather simple and inexpensive.

Parts needed:

ASC9880 - SC10 Steering block Hex
ASC9598 - CVD Axle (these are easier to cut then the CVA's or older style)
I scavenged the remaining parts from a donor B4 or parts boxes...which you could scavenge all parts easily.
ASC9608B - FT rear wheel axle spacer
Misc Axle shims - 2 axle wheel pins (actually had to buy 2 - standard ones where too small for these older style axles!!)
Misc Wheel Nuts - 2 for new front axles
Ball stud nuts - 2 (new carries take nuts in recessed underside)
Reuse same bearrings as with front wheels...

There are only 2 mods that must be done, firstly you need to cut the "ball" off of the CVD axle, leaving just enough meat on the end of the axle to hold in the steering block.
I did not take a picture during this step. but here is link to the pic on Asso Parts house.. again, I chose this axle due to the ease of cut, your choice really...

And here, it's installed, complete on the truck...

The other "mod" you need to do, is take an exacto knife and
chuck out the small thin plastic inside the steering block where the hinge pin goes.
(the b4 hex conversion axles have a groove in them to compensate for this, I'm not skilled enough with a dremel to do that to the axles)
The plastic removed is very very very small. its just enough to round out the whole so the axle does not bind, but leaves a retainer for the bearings.
If I would have had a round needle file, it would have been perfect.

Thats the gist of it.
Would be SOOO much nicer looking if Associated would make the Hex axle for the T4!!!!! and I didnt suck so bad at dremel work

I can now swap wheels from front to back, etc real easily. I can go to Hex's if I wish, or stick with the pin wheels..
And Until JConcepts makes a Rulux Hex wheel like my fav's here... I will !!
Looks like it'll work well. I didn't see if you covered this, but why wouldn't the sc10rs hex setup work?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Yes, those will fit and work properly in a T4/4.1
I just called Lunsford and was told no, but they do make a T4/4.1 axle, it's just not on the website.

That being said. Back before I fell out of touch with the hobby, Lunsford was a pretty reputable company. How does everyone feel about them and their products now?

Anyone have experience with their axles? Good or bad?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hinecken
I just called Lunsford and was told no, but they do make a T4/4.1 axle, it's just not on the website.

That being said. Back before I fell out of touch with the hobby, Lunsford was a pretty reputable company. How does everyone feel about them and their products now?

Anyone have experience with their axles? Good or bad?
I may have not read your post correctly. Was going off of the B4/T4/SC10 interchangability that I have used for years.
(Like putting the B4 drilled axles on my T4's even though they are not **were not until recently** designated by name for it, they fit and work just fine)

As for Lunsford... I have always used their products. I just wish they were not so expensive.
I race my vehicles and put thier turnbuckles on all of them If i can.
(and their axles were on my trucks before)

Again this is only my opinion, and everyone has one.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

I may have not read your post correctly. Was going off of the B4/T4/SC10 interchangability that I have used for years.
(Like putting the B4 drilled axles on my T4's even though they are not **were not until recently** designated by name for it, they fit and work just fine)

As for Lunsford... I have always used their products. I just wish they were not so expensive.
I race my vehicles and put thier turnbuckles on all of them If i can.
(and their axles were on my trucks before)

Again this is only my opinion, and everyone has one.
Thanks! Anyone else have an opinion or experience with Lunsford products?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timmahhh
Looks like it'll work well. I didn't see if you covered this, but why wouldn't the sc10rs hex setup work?
They may, im just not familiar with those.

I dont even know if this is old news.
I just seen the B4 hex conversion parts and had a lightbulb go off...

thinking its a hella lot cheaper, easier than the QC mod (no offense to its creator) to the front end,
and still gives the option to run pin or hex wheels on all four corners
Old 01-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I have their quick adjust shock mounts (love them), hinge pins (didn't notice a difference) and turnbuckles on my truck. My wife has the screw kit (some threads aren't perfect) and hinge pins on hers. I broke a turnbuckle and they exchanged it for free. My wife's rear center hinge pins bent. I haven't contacted them to see if they're covered by the same warranty.

Thanks! Anyone else have an opinion or experience with Lunsford products?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Yes, the T4 can be just as competitive as the 4.1. they are still the same truck.
The 4.1 only has update/upgrades out of the box.

First take all the "aluminum" this and thats out of the equation. These are helpful parts, not "needed" parts.
you can get the same degree of perfermance out of the plastics.

Secondly, the plastics themselves. In regards to your Plastics/Carbon/Graphite question:
Each form of part has different characteristics in certain climates/track conditions...
Plastics generally provide more flex, whereas the carbons are stiffer..less flex.
Plastics will hold up better in the cold and likewise the carbon tends to be brittle.
Which also leads me into the RPM comment... Those are aftermarket.
they tend to hold up better than stocks and have that RPM warranty (if your willing to ship them in)..
For the shocks, the V2's are hands down the best improvement on the truck in my opinion.
Thank you.

In the picture of truck one(with the RPM arms) you might notice RTR style shocks without threaded cylinders.
Is this how the FT started or is this an early RTR?? (sliver/aluminium shock bodies as opposed to blue anodized aluminium)
Old 01-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer1812
^^^ agree.

As far as racing, I'm not a big fan of RPM parts, only because they flex different than the stock parts. Making it harder to get setup info/comparisons from other racers.

I'm still running a T4, with some .1 parts. Shocks, slipper, and certain chassis parts...
Thanks for the reply.

It seems that most people list the shocks and slipper as an essential change to keep the T4/B4 competitive. It's not just that the V2 are easier to rebuild.

Are/do the V2's actually a better shock/provide superior dampening?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by daverobbo5
Thank you.

In the picture of truck one(with the RPM arms) you might notice RTR style shocks without threaded cylinders.
Is this how the FT started or is this an early RTR?? (sliver/aluminium shock bodies as opposed to blue anodized aluminium)
As far as I know, factory team kits always had threaded bodies.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Thank you.

RTR shocks were/are smooth bodied, using clips to adjust the spring tension. FT shocks being threaded with adjustable collars.

Thanks for the reply.

It seems that most people list the shocks and slipper as an essential change to keep the T4/B4 competitive. It's not just that the V2 are easier to rebuild.

Shocks, V1 v V2: Smoother feel and less prone to leakage = easier to maintain not just rebuild. I wouldnt go as far as saying they are better "dampening" just a smoother feel overall to my meaty hands..

Yup
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What's a good Tekin mod motor for a 6800 sq ft clay track. I wanna go fast. Thanks
Old 01-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by IRM616
What's a good Tekin mod motor for a 6800 sq ft clay track. I wanna go fast. Thanks
lol

Ask the fast guys at your track maybe?

6800sq ft tells us you have a box of clay.

Is it a short track, that winds back and forth and has crossovers and lots of short distance pop overs ?

Is it an run the straights back and forth?

Or is it an oval inside the box of clay?

The motor alone doesn't make you fast.

You also have to take your set up and gear ratio's into consideration.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Damn that Fleebay. I gotta look more closely at the pics before the $$ get paypal'ed.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thank you.

the early ones were not threaded.

Thanks for the reply.

V2's are simply easier to work on. V1's do compress the o-rings a little too much but can be fixed by sanding down the white spacer 3-5 thousandths.

Not true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.