Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC8.2e Thread >

Team Associated RC8.2e Thread

Like Tree6Likes

Team Associated RC8.2e Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Dam well i hope they will like i said there is a couple of upgrades the rc8tce could benefit from . Is there anything that could be used off the rc8b 8.2 that will fit and work on the rc8tce like the front sway bar ?

$469.99 is a exellent price
The wing mount should fit, along with the lightened gears, outdrive, and steering posts. The swaybars, towers, and arms will not fit.

Originally Posted by zixxer View Post
Chris

since the coversion parts may be different than the current conversion parts ...when will the new conversion kit be available .....
Are you talking about a suspension conversion kit, or the radio tray type conversion kit?

Originally Posted by BLbound View Post
Hi Chris,

I have the conversion on my rc8 right now. What I was wondering is if the front shock tower that's included with the conversion kit the same as the tower that's in the new rc8.2e kit or is it the shorter tower like on the gas car? Please let us know, thanks!
Pat,

The towers are the exact same as the 8.2 towers which are shorter than then World's Conversion towers.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DoogieLee View Post
ok, so will an RC8Be body fit the new 8.2???
It will fit, however you need to elongate the rear body mount. Or can the rear body mount and use velcro around the body.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

So I have one small problem with mine. I am running Hartsons setup from the Nats here in Omaha, and he was running the standard rear B plate. When I tried to do this the arms were hitting the outdrives. Not sure what to do or how to fix this. Otherwise the little I have driven the car, it is so much better that the rc8be that it is not even funny!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thinking I might have to jump on one of these and jump into 1/8th scale.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:54 AM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omaha_racing View Post
So I have one small problem with mine. I am running Hartsons setup from the Nats here in Omaha, and he was running the standard rear B plate. When I tried to do this the arms were hitting the outdrives. Not sure what to do or how to fix this. Otherwise the little I have driven the car, it is so much better that the rc8be that it is not even funny!
Use a dremel and sand the arm to clear the outdrive.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

You will need to dremel the arm in a couple spots. The mold is being modified to fix the issue but for your arms it is a quick fix. Attached are two pics of a front arm. The silver markings denote where to dremel. You don't have to grind where the shock mounts in the arm, that is only if you want to run inside on the arm.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC8.2e Thread-rc8.2-arm-top.jpg   Team Associated RC8.2e Thread-rc8.2-arm-bottom.jpg  
Old 10-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info. I have another set of arms, Ill give it a go!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

It will fit, however you need to elongate the rear body mount. Or can the rear body mount and use velcro around the body.
Thanks, I just got a new body and didnt really want to toss it.

it is so much better that the rc8be that it is not even funny!
Thats EXACTLY what I needed to hear...
Theres going to be 2 RC8Be's up for sale real soon!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Jarosz View Post

Pat,

The towers are the exact same as the 8.2 towers which are shorter than then World's Conversion towers.

Chris,

Oh, ok...I was aware of a shorter front tower but are you saying there's a shorter rear tower as well? Just trying to confirm.

Thanks!

Pat
Old 10-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BLbound View Post
Chris,

Oh, ok...I was aware of a shorter front tower but are you saying there's a shorter rear tower as well? Just trying to confirm.

Thanks!

Pat
Yes, the 8.2 towers are shorter than the World's towers. They have the EXACT same geometry, they just don't use the longer shock ends that came with the conversion kit. The World's towers are sold anymore, so the only thing you can get from stores are the 8.2 towers.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

Can't wait to get mine!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Yes, the 8.2 towers are shorter than the World's towers. They have the EXACT same geometry, they just don't use the longer shock ends that came with the conversion kit. The World's towers are sold anymore, so the only thing you can get from stores are the 8.2 towers.
Ok cool, thanks for the info Chris! Looks like I gotta get these shorter shock towers now to stay up dated.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions??

do you know why the end of the chassis before rear suspension is cut comparing to the rc8be ? Is it made for easier access of the dirt to engine and esc ? i also heard that it prevents chassis from touching the ground while cornering but i cant see scratches on the bottom of the chassis in the rc8be in that place, hmmm
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC8.2e Thread-compare.jpg  
Old 11-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Are you talking about a suspension conversion kit, or the radio tray type conversion kit?

chris i was talking about the old electric conversion kit ...it looks like the motor mount is different for the 8.2e if that makes sense
Old 11-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Does the rc8.2e use the exact same chassis as the nitro version our did they make an electric specific chassis?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service