Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am not sure if the rear tower is in at AE but I now everything else is. It may take a while for all of the old stock to be sold from the hobby shops and distributors but the new parts are available if you order them from AE direct.

The new shock bodies, pistons, seal kits and bleeder caps work awesome together. Before changing to a different brand, you should give the new stuff a try...for sure try the bleeder caps and new pistons (pistons have been new since the B44 release).

I know the AE shocks suck to work on and they require a little more maintenance than other brands but they are REALLY smooth. And with the new caps you can get them to feel EXACTLY the same every time. I think they are as smooth as the K shocks...just not as easy to work on. jmo
Old 01-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Where the ego's are so big, people's heads can't fit in the door
Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

so the new ones are just the darker bodies? not really any big news since they have been out for over a year.

i ask as i heard that their "new" shocks were going to be pretty close to the kyosho ones... oh well. i will just do what i was planning on then
Old 01-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Legend

Default new shock bodies

Chedda, look more carefully at the bottom of the bodies , not the color.

You will see a machined groove on the latest bodies...

Instead of wasting your money on the K shock , try Losi pistons #55 if your interested in the best performance...
Old 01-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chedda bob
so the new ones are just the darker bodies? not really any big news since they have been out for over a year.

i ask as i heard that their "new" shocks were going to be pretty close to the kyosho ones... oh well. i will just do what i was planning on then
Not always darker. They have the ring machined at the bottom of the body. This marks them as the new body. I've got a few that are light colored that have the rings.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Where the ego's are so big, people's heads can't fit in the door
Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Chedda, look more carefully at the bottom of the bodies , not the color.

You will see a machined groove on the latest bodies...

Instead of wasting your money on the K shock , try Losi pistons #55 if your interested in the best performance...
i don't have an issue with they way they work, just the fact they blow out randomly.

i just put a full rebuild kit in all 4 shocks, the next day in the 2nd qualifier one of the rears blew out. took the shock apart to find the cartridge in perfect order, the seal at the top was also new. so where did the oil come out?

i have been running ae cars since i started and def. have an idea of what i'm doing. simply just sick of it and will be using kyosho shocks from now on as nothing else in the 1/10 market is even close to quality and smoothness.

what did they actually change on the new bodies?
Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i don't have an issue with they way they work, just the fact they blow out randomly.

i just put a full rebuild kit in all 4 shocks, the next day in the 2nd qualifier one of the rears blew out. took the shock apart to find the cartridge in perfect order, the seal at the top was also new. so where did the oil come out?

i have been running ae cars since i started and def. have an idea of what i'm doing. simply just sick of it and will be using kyosho shocks from now on as nothing else in the 1/10 market is even close to quality and smoothness.

The only thing changed is how the retaining clips fit in and the clip itself.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Legend

Yeah , read Bridgewaters post about the clip installation above and you will have a better performing shock than the K-car...

smoother & less striction....
Old 01-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

New front tower vs old tower

Old 01-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Nice, I'm getting tired of tightening up the ball ends. Looks like there's a lot more meat for the threads.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VegasHB
Nice, I'm getting tired of tightening up the ball ends. Looks like there's a lot more meat for the threads.
thats why you put a nut on the other side...
Old 01-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_Money
So my T4 problem on the last page. I now dont think its tranny related, Cause it will got for awhile with the aweful noise then it just wont have any power at all under full throttle. No idea and it is really making me upset.
So I took off the pinion and rolled the car, it doesnt make any noise, then when I roll it with the pinion on it makes noise. So do you all think it could be the motor?
Old 01-29-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_Money
So I took off the pinion and rolled the car, it doesnt make any noise, then when I roll it with the pinion on it makes noise. So do you all think it could be the motor?
What size pinion do you have. If it is over 35 tooth then it might be that it is warped. I bought one that was warped. Also, look to see of the spur gear is chewed up a little. Almost certain that is it. If it is the motor, look to see if the rotor is chunked.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

I really don't get this problematic shock question... Lots of people seem to have oil leakage problems/ blowout issues. I've ran a B44 and B4 for 2 seasons (OK, not as frequently as most, but still) without frequent rebuilds (maybe 2x a year) and have not had a single leak or blowout!!! Am I just lucky??? OK the lack of maintenance might not have gioven optimal performing shocks, but I had 0 failures... The only thing I did was upon assembly sanded the spacer lightly as described on an internet site (Elvo I believe). And used green slime.

I just don't get it... Is there a huge problem in quality control? I must be lucky!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wayboarder
New front tower vs old tower

Forgive me but is the new one the one on the right? And what is the real difference? Thanks
Old 01-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldandnew
Forgive me but is the new one the one on the right? And what is the real difference? Thanks
The plastic and on the back it has room for the inside spot I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.