Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rripp
Camber is always between -.5 and -1. Ride height is 30mm front and 29 rear but that is about all I ever change. Usually raise up for low traction and lower for higher traction.

Front axle height centered.

Thanks alot!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby Z
Looking for some help on front camber link settings.

1-A seems to be the typical setup. Add washers for more corner entry steering and less corner exit steering. Remove washers for opposite effect. You can also shorten or lengthen the camber link on the tower or on the caster block to have a much bigger impact on the steering compared to changing washers.

But what about moving the link to 2-B instead of 1-A? The link would be the same length but moved closer to the wheel both on the tower and the caster block. How would the car react to this change?

I guess I would be interested in learning what would happen if a similar change is made to the rear link. 1-B is standard but what about 2-B or 2-C or 1-A?
i am running the closer to wheel camber setup as an experiment. it seems to smooth it out because it is moving the pivot point closer to the wheel so the effects of the camber linkage will occur earlier. i like it alot.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Legend

Default Quick Change

Remove .050 hex screws and push pin out...
Old 01-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Remove .050 hex screws and push pin out...
Mine must be a bit bent or stuck or something because I can't get it out!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Legend

Punch it out with a hammer
Old 01-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

After four years of owning and running my B4, I finally rebuilt the shocks last night! They had just now started leaking. Three of them were fairly filthy inside and one rear was pristine. I noticed a lack of consistency last time out and after the race checked the shocks. They were not up to par. Anyway, fresh shocks are ready to go. Sure don't enjoy the rebuild, but it was not that bad. One shock didn't want to snap into place, but other than that all went fine. Hope this will make the car more consistent next time out.

I also picked up some weights to experiment with. I am finally getting to the point where I can tell when the car needs a tweak or is dialed in. I hope to get faster with my buggy. I am competing well in expert truck, but can't break the top 5 in buggy due to inconsistent handling.

I also picked up some new rubber. JC goosebumps and barcodes. I think I will have about 5 different rear tire options to tune with now.

I am running the stock team kit. I have graphite front arms on and an aluminum hinge pin brace. Is there anything else I should consider getting. Durability is not an issue, as our track is very smooth and I rarely break. Only the stock plastic HP brace and one arm in 4 years. I am looking for more speed and a little more rear traction (going to try some weight in the rear).

Thanks
Old 01-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not likely to be bent. That is a hardened pin and would break way easier than bending. Someone probably shimmed the axle real tight to get rid of the slop in those quick change hubs and had to press the pin in. Hammer it out may be the only way.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by forwardonly
After four years of owning and running my B4, I finally rebuilt the shocks last night! They had just now started leaking. Three of them were fairly filthy inside and one rear was pristine. I noticed a lack of consistency last time out and after the race checked the shocks. They were not up to par. Anyway, fresh shocks are ready to go. Sure don't enjoy the rebuild, but it was not that bad. One shock didn't want to snap into place, but other than that all went fine. Hope this will make the car more consistent next time out.

I also picked up some weights to experiment with. I am finally getting to the point where I can tell when the car needs a tweak or is dialed in. I hope to get faster with my buggy. I am competing well in expert truck, but can't break the top 5 in buggy due to inconsistent handling.

I also picked up some new rubber. JC goosebumps and barcodes. I think I will have about 5 different rear tire options to tune with now.

I am running the stock team kit. I have graphite front arms on and an aluminum hinge pin brace. Is there anything else I should consider getting. Durability is not an issue, as our track is very smooth and I rarely break. Only the stock plastic HP brace and one arm in 4 years. I am looking for more speed and a little more rear traction (going to try some weight in the rear).

Thanks

You need to come to smactrac in St Louis on Saturday nights. You sound like you may have some fun and would certainly learn some things. PM me if you want more info.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by forwardonly

Thanks
its been for years since you rebuilt a b4 shock while you owned it?
Old 01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpz_67
Hello all, well after 10 years of no electric racing I am looking at getting back into it. I am down to either a b4 or losi xxx cr buggy. Can anyone give me an honest comparison between the two ? A lot of the locals at the track I will be running at say the losi is the car to beat. I always had an AE back in the days and had great luck with them, especially in the durability department. This is why I would like to go AE again but the B4 is claimed to be very twitchy and edgy. Any input? Ps, I will be racing stock buggy class with 2s lipos.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by not home
its been for years since you rebuilt a b4 shock while you owned it?
Yup, four (4) years. The first year I owned it, I raced oval a few times on a prepped track. No leaks, all was good. Then it didn't see much action other than bashing on my backyard track. Finally the track I race at went back to offroad so I brought it back out. Not much 2wd action until recently. Just wasn't much need for a rebuild. Now we have up to 10 buggies running and they are all very good drivers. I finally saw the need.

They certainly feel better now, but they were doing fairly well without the rebuild. I have changed oil a couple times previous, but no rebuild.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rripp
You need to come to smactrac in St Louis on Saturday nights. You sound like you may have some fun and would certainly learn some things. PM me if you want more info.
I do want to come over sometime. I usually race at the race barn in Jeff City. I teach band in St. James and Saturdays are rarely free until June. If you guys are running electric this summer I will come over some time. I have been invited by a couple people on the forums and I have seen the track on some vids. Looks like fun.

Thanks for the invite.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Question for you T4 guys. I just bought a used T4 that has the QC rear wheels on it. What are the part numbers needed to change back to the normal rear hubs/wheels??
Old 01-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

why would u want to change back? the qc are nice for maintinance and easy tire change for track conditions. if u want, I'll trade u...even up for all the parts
Old 01-26-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offtraxx
why would u want to change back? the qc are nice for maintinance and easy tire change for track conditions. if u want, I'll trade u...even up for all the parts
theres a lot of play in them, and the qc hubs wear fast. thats rly the only reason why i didnt like them. losi and kyosho dont have nearly as much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.