Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Dave , wanta know why K shocks don't leak ?

Cus the cartridge bodies are smaller in size so when the seal swells they just get tighter & tighter to the point the shocks performance is worthless...

Ae shocks leak because the seals have more room to swell so that's the reason why they leak...

a little leak or lots of shock striction

Find out for your self....

Almost every K-car driver I know thinks their shocks are just fine cus they don't leak ...

I then ask them to remove the shock .
Then I remove the cap and drain the oil and then show them just how bad the seals are griping the shaft ....

This stunt shoots the K-car driver down in flames every time ...
Like I said before you do know every thing. If you know do much they why don't you have your self a sponsor? And k rings last a lot longer I met BK and he runs k shocks and all he does is change the oils every once in a wile. Now you can't tell me BK is full of him self because he's not. Be knows what he's talking about and you wild I don't think you do know what your talking about.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by x60Driver
Like I said before you do know every thing. If you know do much they why don't you have your self a sponsor? And k rings last a lot longer I met BK and he runs k shocks and all he does is change the oils every once in a wile. Now you can't tell me BK is full of him self because he's not. Be knows what he's talking about and you wild I don't think you do know what your talking about.
cherry has been doing this for a while. I'm pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.

Can someone post a couple of high traction b4 setups. Running on carpet an want to try something slightly different.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

well said
Old 01-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Davidka
Everything else outperforms them. They all have longer rebuild intervals, they all have springs that fit better/rub less, they all are easier to build and re-fill consistently, they all have seals that work better, and they all have pistons that fit the bodies better (hence the growing popularity of using Losi pistons in them). The only advantage that the AE shocks have on the others are the chassis that they come with.

It's remarkable that the B4 dominates with the worst shocks in the market.
Kinda funny how you say everything outperforms them at the beginning of your rant yet you finish it by concluding that the B4 dominates.

The fact is that the shocks are part of the chassis. They(the shocks) are subjected to mulitple forms of abuse: dirt, moisture, the track conditions itself(jumps/bumps etc) and other racers/vehicles. Not to mention the racer him/herself when building and bleeding them. The latter being the more responsible variable. Most the racers that I have helped out are grateful for the tips that I tell them, which is funny in that there isn't really any trick to bleeding/building them. Now that the shock caps are available with a bleeder screw, the guesswork has been eliminated.

The AE team at "Area 51" are always testing and redesigning thier work. The multiple World/National/club titles are proof of that. That includes the shocks. To say that everything outperforms them has no merit.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Legend

I don't want a sponsorship ....

Really ....

BK is da man !

I would never tell anyone such as you just implied....
also
My impressions thus far are only "you" think I know everything...

My information is not perfect, but it comes from years of racing with Scott Brown & Bridgewater ...

I'v had some great teachers ....

Try for your self , take um apart drain the oil.. Then just slide the shaft & piston up & down .
Feel the grip of those tight seals for yourself ...

I shocked a awesome Local K-Car driver from here with the stunt ....
Old 01-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi,
Could someone tell me what the length of the b4 cvd
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I don't want a sponsorship ....

Really ....

BK is da man !

I would never tell anyone such as you just implied....
also
My impressions thus far are only "you" think I know everything...

My information is not perfect, but it comes from years of racing with Scott Brown & Bridgewater ...

I'v had some great teachers ....

Try for your self , take um apart drain the oil.. Then just slide the shaft & piston up & down .
Feel the grip of those tight seals for yourself ...

I shocked a awesome Local K-Car driver from here with the stunt ....
I will admit cherry knows what he is talking about in this case but when he did check my shocks i was being lazy and it was 3 months worth of racing on the orings at the time. Yes, my fault and i was suprised how big of difference it was with new o rings. But I do believe i can go longer inbetween builds then i could with associated shocks. Just my opinion.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.Mellow
Kinda funny how you say everything outperforms them at the beginning of your rant yet you finish it by concluding that the B4 dominates.

The AE team at "Area 51" are always testing and redesigning thier work. The multiple World/National/club titles are proof of that. That includes the shocks. To say that everything outperforms them has no merit.
You either didn't read the whole sentence, or you chose to only acknowleged the parts that suited you. AE is not always redesigning their work. The new shock bodies are the first update in 20 years, I have an original RC10 Worlds car with a pair of shocks that use the same re-build kit our b4's use.

AE's results has the most to do with the drivers they secure to race for them. Pudge dominated with a Losi before.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ae orings are made out of the same material as k orings?

k car orings just are grooved.

point in case, the ae shock is dialed. remember the days of rebuilding mod motors every other run? brushless has created a lazy maintenance schedule plan, but hey im not complaining!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

oh yea who is x60driver?

anyone can name drop online buddy.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SmItH_aLeX
ae orings are made out of the same material as k orings?

k car orings just are grooved.

point in case, the ae shock is dialed. remember the days of rebuilding mod motors every other run? brushless has created a lazy maintenance schedule plan, but hey im not complaining!
I have no idea what each are made out of. Ya i definently never ran a brushed motor before so ya i guess brushless is all i know
Old 01-05-2010, 03:21 PM
rec
Tech Initiate

Can someone post a couple of high traction b4 setups. Running on carpet an want to try something slightly different.[/QUOTE]

Hey try this :
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...tedRC10B4.html

There's a carpet track section, i found Lee martins set up from 17/01/09 very good.

Try it with schumacher stagger in front, quite more forgiving than mini pins.
Tires really has to be yellow not blue (harder) they suck after a few runs .
Ad around 60 gr around the battery if you're running lipos.
Slipper wise , i think the kit setup says 4 turns. On carpet i'm around 3 turns 1/4 just to avoid wheeling 'cause of the high grip .

Running on carpet is quite fun but is also kinda hard on the transmission and bearings .
Hope this helps .
Old 01-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rec
Can someone post a couple of high traction b4 setups. Running on carpet an want to try something slightly different.
Hey try this :
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...tedRC10B4.html

There's a carpet track section, i found Lee martins set up from 17/01/09 very good.

Try it with schumacher stagger in front, quite more forgiving than mini pins.
Tires really has to be yellow not blue (harder) they suck after a few runs .
Ad around 60 gr around the battery if you're running lipos.
Slipper wise , i think the kit setup says 4 turns. On carpet i'm around 3 turns 1/4 just to avoid wheeling 'cause of the high grip .

Running on carpet is quite fun but is also kinda hard on the transmission and bearings .
Hope this helps .[/QUOTE]

yah we race on carpet. heres a link of what we do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jwy5evu5HM
im the green buggy. we run gold bargolds all around and sometimes blue if we need to. havent tried staggers at all or mini pins. i run gold barcodes in back with 4wd panther clay tires. cant remember what they are called. the other idiots are using foam tires which i hate.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

heres some more fun racing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy7uP...eature=channel
Old 01-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bah... this is our track, way cooler!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3dbS...eature=related

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.