Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I got my T4 FT today that I bought off ebay and I didn't realize EVERYTHING on this truck is the graphite! lol I don't know how well this will work for a new guy, but we will see! So it doesn't sound like there are really any hop ups that anyone would sugest for the FT kit?? Thanks guys
Old 07-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by utahrcracer
So I got my T4 FT today that I bought off ebay and I didn't realize EVERYTHING on this truck is the graphite! lol I don't know how well this will work for a new guy, but we will see! So it doesn't sound like there are really any hop ups that anyone would sugest for the FT kit?? Thanks guys
Just run it and have some fun : )
If something breaks just replace it with the material of your liking.
Make sure to run some kind of tape down the sides of the battery tray so the batts don't short out on the graphite.
I don't think hopups are needed. Just buy a couple pinions and a spare set of tires.

Also when you put the antenna tube in, drill a small hole about 1/2" up from the chassis or more. Then thread the antenna wire thru that hole. This will keep the wire from making contact with the grahpite chassis and possibly causing interference.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Also when you put the antenna tube in, drill a small hole about 1/2" up from the chassis or more. Then thread the antenna wire thru that hole. This will keep the wire from making contact with the grahpite chassis and possibly causing interference.

Thats a great tip, never thought of that.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (80%+)
Default How can i convert a B4 to a T4?

How Can I accomplish This
Old 07-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Hey thanks I didn't know about all that!! I ran my xxx-s graphite and always had some glitching problems. I never taped the battery tray guess I lucked out there
Old 07-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gunlocators
How Can I accomplish This
by the time you buy all the parts , chassis , arms , cvds , shock towers , front shocks , ect , youll be way ahead buy a used roller for 125 bucks , ray
Old 07-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've never had a prolbem with any AE cars having glitching prolbems. Never had a battery short in the car. Never even heard of it in and AE car.

I was thinking about the weight thing and I dont know that anyone uses extra weight in the T4. The buggy for sure but not the truck. I will ask to make sure.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

I just got my t4 together and raced once, but have done pretty much the same tweaks to it as I did the B4, including adding weight to the rear and front for more traction and steering. Not sure why you wouldn't add weight to the T4...I can definitely feel the benifits.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Alot of guys sandwich four ae lead squares in between the tranny and the bulkhead. And also in the rear corner pocket a chunk each. I run one or two up front as well.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:13 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

weight is huge...take the time to do it. Make sure if you add the weight back infront of the tranny, that is doesn't rub on the arms, of bind them up in anyway...
Old 07-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

That is funny I just got a T4 off ebay and I was reading everyones post trying to figure out where by the tranny you guys are putting wieghts. LOL I couldn't figure it out I couldn't see any where it would fit. Then I got it better light and realized that is because it already has them!!

What springs are everyone using? I am going to be racing on a high traction track and right now the truck has green in back and blue in front.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

By the way I got a super rooster off ebay to use in my T4 and its huge!! Anyone have any sugestions as to how to mount it?? It does not fit on wither side of the battery pack.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Can you mount it on it side? My gtb barely fit but fit in the b4. ..got a tiny gtx in the t4. Sell it and get a brushless!!!! lol.

I've just been running what came w/ my t4, green on the rear, sliver on the front. I haven't try any differ springs yet.
The july 07 rccaraction has Maifields t4 setup w/ Gold front, Green rears...but the picture of his t4 shows gold all the way around...maybe the rears are sliver it's hard to tell for sure.

Also note he's using #3 front, #1 rear shock pistions...just keep that in mind. IE a green spring w/ a #1 pistion aint exactly the same was green spring w/ #3 pistions...

on high grip you might get away (I'm running blues on the rear of my B4, everyone else at our track has silver) w/ harder springs but in general you want to go as soft as possible...but jumps and bumps may determine you need softer or stiffer..to compomise between handling and jumps/bumps.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by utahrcracer
What springs are everyone using? I am going to be racing on a high traction track and right now the truck has green in back and blue in front.
oh, one of the fast guys at my track is running blue front, green rears on his t4. not sure what pistions but he also removed all the internal limiters. Our track is blugroove til it drys a little then dusty and not really high grip. ..and a little bumpy. Try what you got...if your track is super smooth you can get away w/ harder ones...don't forget that would effect jumping to.
I removed my limiters and it helped w/ the bumps & whoops section...less bouncing. smoother ride should = more accelration, speed....
Old 07-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Does the Factory Team T4 come with the HD servo saver spring and steering rack bearings? If not I would recommend getting these items.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.