Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

man I am bummed in a way this thread seems to be pretty slow..... but on the other hand maybe that is a good thing that the B4 and T4 are really that good
Old 07-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you had bought a new B4/T4 kit recently, I think the tranny top shaft is now composite gear + metal alloy shaft instead of all metal alloy.

How are the new top shafts holding up? Are they as bulletproof as the all metal alloy topshaft they replaced?

Last edited by jobo_ph; 07-26-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I bought a set of the threaded shocks a few weeks ago and the rear ones were the BAD ones. They aren't threaded far enough down the shock body to have enough adjustment. I figured these had been used up or gone by now and replaced with the correct ones. Still have to use preload spacers to get the correct ride height. Is there a part # for the NEW ones. My front ones were the NEW ones and they work great.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by utahrcracer
man I am bummed in a way this thread seems to be pretty slow..... but on the other hand maybe that is a good thing that the B4 and T4 are really that good

I have seen this happen on many of other forums. When they start getting this long, usually it turns into a couple of pages of personal conversation between acouple of guys. For the guy just getting into the conversation 10 pages of questions, answers, and conversations takes to much time to read through, especially if your looking for something specific.

If it was set up like and Actual T4/B4 forum there would be T4/B4 with the heading and different questions and comments below. That would be easier for the T4/B4 specific guys, not fair to the others.

Though I am stating the obvious, it was just my thought.

I didnt read through all of the pages either, way to long.

Last edited by OG RC 10T; 07-26-2007 at 06:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

I'll see if I can stir up some activity... I agree this is NOT a forum, just a stupid long thread. lol!!!

I just got a t4 out on the track...blu groove or packed, slightly dusty (and slicker)depending on the day...moisture. I bought some PL M3 Edge tires. My question is what side has anyone mounted those both ways... 2 ribbs are like a 'V', 2 are like '|\' shaped. I mounted the |\ on the inside, V ribs outside...

Has anyone experimented with this tire mounted both ways? ..and found any noticable difference?

On my B4 I've switched fronts from the pl m3 wide ribbed to the inside job 4wd fronts. I really like the inside jobs on the front...a bit taller and give a smoother ride and got more steering. I'll prolly get a similar 'pinned' tire for the T4 fronts.... But stiill curious about the edge fronts.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Air8, those rear shock bodies were probably for the original rc10gt. Those bodies were not threaded very far, and are also a bit shorter. Where did you buy them from? T4 rears are all the same far as I know.

Speedster, on the T4 I seem to like the rolled over edge to the inside. But on my gas truck I like the rolled over edge on the outside. Not sure why, but it just works better on my gasser that way. That said, I generally like the losi directional tire better than the proline edge.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default B4 setup

hi all, does anyone have a good setup for a High bite clay.... our indoor track has great traction, we run pink slicks...if it gets a little dust on it, we go to tapers....I did run Losi, sold it all, got a B4, now I need a setup for it

Thanks all
Old 07-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Cool... I think I'll ask someone at the track if I can borrow theres tonight..I know a guy who mounted there edges opposite of me.... and I'm going to try some holeshots or other small pin tires on the front...worked well on the buggy.

I'm about to go to another track... my first outdoor track..will need new tires anyways...a little loomy, not the blugroove'n I'm use to! Most are using bowties.

Man, trying to keep up with different tires for 2 cars is addin up!$$!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hehe, try four cars and a 1/12 scale..lol
If you'll be racing outdoor you might pick up a pair of panther studs in soft compound. They've become my favorite tire for about all conditions this year and never seem to wear out!! Never cared much for bowties. But could very well be there's no bowtie tracks around here.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

We don't have the grip for slicks but we get blugroove condidtions when it's not super dry/hot...gets a light dusting when dried out.

the biggest enhancements I've done are adding weights to the rear and front. Racers edge 1.5 hubs really help w/ traction on exits. I run the lightest rear sway bar..the locals think I'm crazy but it helps me get out da sweeper on the power better then them...so what do they know! I haven't touched any of the shock mounts... went to the longest camber link on the rear but couldn't tell it did much. Just remember... it's 70% driver, 20% tires, 10% setup. I did remove the shim on the rear. 0 for me...helped w/ traction. So I haven't really changed that much from the stock setup. I always polish my hinge pins and shock shafts. Other than that it's just a matter of finding the right ride height for you.. All the fast guys tell me dogbone level....yeah but you can play with it a bit and see the effects. I like mine a touch lower than level. Oh, I setup what I could for the most wieght on the rear tires. ...forward position on the rear hubs and battery back towards rear...I try running all the settings w/ all the 'more wieght on the rears' wehre applicable, then work on getting my steering like I want. I'm also running the biggest wing (7") I can find...works well for me. but the track owner calls it the big gay wing.. It's big but gets me out of our sweeper harder.

In short set it up for most rear traction, then start tuning steering in or out depending on you needs/track.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dakilo
hi all, does anyone have a good setup for a High bite clay.... our indoor track has great traction, we run pink slicks...if it gets a little dust on it, we go to tapers....I did run Losi, sold it all, got a B4, now I need a setup for it
For B4 setup, look at the following link: http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4533

You will get what you want depending ground composition, rough or smooth

As said in another thread, link is form petitrc, page from oople!! ???
Old 07-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
We don't have the grip for slicks but we get blugroove condidtions when it's not super dry/hot...gets a light dusting when dried out.

the biggest enhancements I've done are adding weights to the rear and front. Racers edge 1.5 hubs really help w/ traction on exits. I run the lightest rear sway bar..the locals think I'm crazy but it helps me get out da sweeper on the power better then them...so what do they know! I haven't touched any of the shock mounts... went to the longest camber link on the rear but couldn't tell it did much. Just remember... it's 70% driver, 20% tires, 10% setup. I did remove the shim on the rear. 0 for me...helped w/ traction. So I haven't really changed that much from the stock setup. I always polish my hinge pins and shock shafts. Other than that it's just a matter of finding the right ride height for you.. All the fast guys tell me dogbone level....yeah but you can play with it a bit and see the effects. I like mine a touch lower than level. Oh, I setup what I could for the most wieght on the rear tires. ...forward position on the rear hubs and battery back towards rear...I try running all the settings w/ all the 'more wieght on the rears' wehre applicable, then work on getting my steering like I want. I'm also running the biggest wing (7") I can find...works well for me. but the track owner calls it the big gay wing.. It's big but gets me out of our sweeper harder.

In short set it up for most rear traction, then start tuning steering in or out depending on you needs/track.

Thanks greatly for the info.....I've notice the B4 will *step Out* and get sideways if I'm not careful, I'll put the 1 oz weight in the rear...and maybe the 1/4 oz on each side of the chassis in the rear also to help that, it's definately a diff car than the losi

Thanks again.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Arn0
For B4 setup, look at the following link: http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4533

You will get what you want depending ground composition, rough or smooth

As said in another thread, link is form petitrc, page from oople!! ???
thats a great link....I appreciate it! there's a couple on there I want to try, if work allows me to get off early enough, they are running tommorrow nite here!
Also, anyone running the new sphere with the X-11 7.5 motor? I'm thinking of buying the combo...any pros, Cons?

Thanks all
Old 07-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hi
Old 07-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jbrow1;3522487]Air8, those rear shock bodies were probably for the original rc10gt. Those bodies were not threaded very far, and are also a bit shorter. Where did you buy them from? T4 rears are all the same far as I know.

QUOTE]

JBROW--I got them from amain. A couple local guys told me that AE had put these shocks out and they were not machined the best. They said putting in the shock seals was more difficult. I didn't notice though. And they said the threaded portion was not enough. If these are for a different truck then I understand. Don't understand why I ended up with them though. I'll do some research and find the correct ones. Thanx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.