Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Got my slightly used 4x4 coming in today. Have been reading through the past 100 or so pages the past few weeks, all I can say is I think I got myself in over my head. Certainly seems like a lot of different thing to work on in this thing (and to go wrong). I run 2wd sc10 and b4.1 which seem much simpler. But we will see once I hit the track with it next week. Just had one question. Truck I bought is coming with the rtr electronics (reedy 550 3500 brushless motor, xpsc1200 speedo). I will try these out til I get used to it, but seems the popular option is either a castle 1410 or I have seen some talk about a pro4 I believe. I will probably go one of those routes. Question, I recently bought a duratrax element 3900 brushless system as a cheap system for my st. Could I run this in the 4x4? Its a 4 pole, its made by castle and looks similar to the 1410. Any help here? Also truck came with

- JConcepts Hazard Wheels (3mm offset)
- Beams Tires
- MTK Clutch Basket
- Garodiscs
- Aluminum Wheel Hexes
- Front and Rear Anti-Sway Bars
- RCShox Dual Stage Pistons
- FT Optional Steering Rack
- Lightweight Rear Top Shaft

Seems to be some more common upgrades out there that I will need eventually but just want to get my feet wet first. Just wanted to ask about the motor and say hi. Look forward to reading more. Thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

What swaybars should I be using for a tight technical indoor track with high traction?

Do I go thicker or thinner? I'm using one size up from the smallest on front and rear.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I am VERY skeptical about the pictures posted
I agree, somethings up. Makayla is a cute girl, but she needs to eat a sandwich.

and the "setups" posted for that event.
One of the users on this board was pitted next to Steven, the tires they listed are accurate. Can't say for the rest of it.

Big races mean bust out the Barcodes.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ritojr
Got my slightly used 4x4 coming in today. Have been reading through the past 100 or so pages the past few weeks, all I can say is I think I got myself in over my head. Certainly seems like a lot of different thing to work on in this thing (and to go wrong). I run 2wd sc10 and b4.1 which seem much simpler. But we will see once I hit the track with it next week. Just had one question. Truck I bought is coming with the rtr electronics (reedy 550 3500 brushless motor, xpsc1200 speedo). I will try these out til I get used to it, but seems the popular option is either a castle 1410 or I have seen some talk about a pro4 I believe. I will probably go one of those routes. Question, I recently bought a duratrax element 3900 brushless system as a cheap system for my st. Could I run this in the 4x4? Its a 4 pole, its made by castle and looks similar to the 1410. Any help here? Also truck came with

- Beams Tires
- MTK Clutch Basket
- Garodiscs
- Aluminum Wheel Hexes

Seems to be some more common upgrades out there that I will need eventually but just want to get my feet wet first. Just wanted to ask about the motor and say hi. Look forward to reading more. Thanks
Other than the servo, the RTR electronics are okay. Your truck has the right parts on it, get a chassis brace, go practice, and rock it.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

My stock, +4, and +8 rear tab. Next one I would change the hole location but this should work for testing this weekend.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

- Beams Tires
- MTK Clutch Basket
- Garodiscs
- Aluminum Wheel Hexes

As you have listed your truck is all set with all the upgrades needed. Maybe just an upgrade on the RTR electronics but other than that you're good to go buddy.
Oh yeah need a chassis brace like CraigMBA stated.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I agree, somethings up. Makayla is a cute girl, but she needs to eat a sandwich.

One of the users on this board was pitted next to Steven, the tires they listed are accurate. Can't say for the rest of it.

Big races mean bust out the Barcodes.

well my eyes saw sauced up 3d's on Kody's truck.........
Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 AM
CEW
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

- Beams Tires
- MTK Clutch Basket
- Garodiscs
- Aluminum Wheel Hexes

I sold you the truck and will be happy to help with any questions you have. For starters I think you will be surprised how much punch that RTR motor has. I have driven the truck with an Tekin Pro4 and that RTR motor. The RTR motor is fast. I agree with the other posters. A chassis brace would be a nice upgrade, but that truck is already pretty dialed. You'll just need to make some adjustments for your specific track.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Legend

Looks good Cameron , but my Ae tab is lighter I bet .....

got to talk to Bridgewater last night & he has finished his , o-no ..

Said I will so down after I see cause he has the most pimped out Sc10 4x4 around ...

good luck out side ......
Old 04-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks all, I appreciate all of the input. I figured it looked like I had most of the upgrades suggested, and I got a great deal from cew so I am looking forward to running it. I'll check with some local guys and figure out what are the good tires, etc. And I'll pick up one of those chassis braces. Thanks guys
Old 04-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Thanks all, I appreciate all of the input. I figured it looked like I had most of the upgrades suggested, and I got a great deal from cew so I am looking forward to running it. I'll check with some local guys and figure out what are the good tires, etc. And I'll pick up one of those chassis braces. Thanks guys
Cheap brace.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Looks good Cameron , but my Ae tab is lighter I bet .....

got to talk to Bridgewater last night & he has finished his , o-no ..

Said I will so down after I see cause he has the most pimped out Sc10 4x4 around ...

good luck out side ......
Bridgewater short busing? The world is really going to end this year then.

Can't wait to hear what he comes up with for a set-up. Every Bridgewater AE set-up I have used has always been dialed.

These are test tabs with way too many holes in them. Once I find the magic locations a cooler set will be made. When the FT aluminum rear hubs come out they will look like mine.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Tech Legend

Chris said he used the lastest Kody's Jconcept set-up, just like me....

Did say he used a set of metal rear hubs other than Ae, not sure bout the name...

Of all the faster drivers we have in the N/w ?
Think Chris has perhaps a more positive attitudes about the Sc10 ..

Thinks it already capable , and going to get even better as we go ....
Old 04-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

For those asking if the FT Saddle setup's will fit the exotek chassis it will fit the new revised version shown in pics here:

As well as some peeps have asked about an undertray, yes it will fit as well but you will have to velcro it on the sides, here are pics:

Old 04-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Brilliant, thanks, I'm gonna get one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.