Old 04-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Till it bottoms out.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTDan
I just replaced both pulleys due to wear and it was $6. The bag with the clicker, tensioner pulleys, and gear pulleys is $12. 1 drop of loctite has worked just as well for me instead of glueing. I loctite almost everything even if it has a nylock. Old habit from desert racing open class motorcycles. I was just stating what I prefer to do since I already waste too much money on this hobby and don't want to throw away more than I have to. Glue it if you want but there are other options just as good.
Understood - personally, if I have to consider saving $6 on a wear item like pulleys I think I need to go find another hobby, one without a tire bill.

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Till it bottoms out.
Then follow up using CA to make sure that it never. moves. again.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks Evil!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is the alum. diff. cases by Hot Racing a good idea?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

lol.. duely noted Craig! I really can't see any fault with using CA or loctite. As long as it's working!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hey guys! I'm waiting on a brush less system that I bought (stock 3500kv 550 from sc10 4x4 rtr) but in the meantime I was wondering about gearing... The setup is 32p with a 5mm motor shaft and the only pinion I have for that is 17t is that too large? What is a recommended place to start at? Can't wait to drive this thing!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Hey guys I have a mostly stock rtr and was curious what to do next. I drove it on a high bite clay indoor track over the weekend and it drove pretty good with only swaybars being the major hopup on it.

When ya'll refer to the "clicker" what are you referring to? I'm totally new to the sc10 4x4 and aren't familiar with all the parts on it.

Should I buy a center diff next or the factory team upgrade that comes with the V2 slipper? Is the slipper on my truck worth running for long? It's the factory rtr one.

What other upgrades should I do? I feel the truck was planted good on the track but I want faster lap times. The truck will also be driven outdoors a lot on my own track.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2012, 04:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Www.mactechrc.weebly.com
Old 04-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Understood - personally, if I have to consider saving $6 on a wear item like pulleys I think I need to go find another hobby, one without a tire bill.

Then follow up using CA to make sure that it never. moves. again.
Yea I would go with CA or locktie or something, rather than relying on the spring since that plastic washer will crack and break apart easily and it costs you another $12 for the whole kit to replace.

I wish AE would make a solid replacement unit for those that don't want to use the clicker.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Not stupid , VTS slipper also fits the Sc10 2w drive & B4.1 .

Reason for no part # change is they no longer make the old cover & the new cover takes it place....

Just clean your pads if glazed .
If your glazing the ft drive pad prematurely you may have not assemble correctly..

Seen it happen
So in the real world we change part numbers if the update effects "fit form or function". Not changing the part number when there is new old stock in the pipeline is stupid. It's wrong.

That being said, if you get the wrong cover call Associated and they'll send the correct part.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fred_B
So I the real world we change part numbers if the update effects "fit form or function". Not changing the part number when there is new old stock in the pipeline is stupid. It's wrong.

That being said, if you get the wrong cover call Associated and they'll send the correct part.
It's a running change, the old one will cease to exist. Before you needed the belt tunnels and could throw away the covers, now you need the cover. Go figure.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
Hey guys I have a mostly stock rtr and was curious what to do next. I drove it on a high bite clay indoor track over the weekend and it drove pretty good with only swaybars being the major hopup on it.

When ya'll refer to the "clicker" what are you referring to? I'm totally new to the sc10 4x4 and aren't familiar with all the parts on it.

Should I buy a center diff next or the factory team upgrade that comes with the V2 slipper? Is the slipper on my truck worth running for long? It's the factory rtr one.

What other upgrades should I do? I feel the truck was planted good on the track but I want faster lap times. The truck will also be driven outdoors a lot on my own track.

Thanks
Anyone?
Old 04-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Fred_B
So in the real world we change part numbers if the update effects "fit form or function". Not changing the part number when there is new old stock in the pipeline is stupid. It's wrong.

There's a plus side by making it just a running change ...

No changes needed for inventory , labels , order forms, ect, thus fewer expenses.....

GLUING CLICKERS ?

You shouldn't need to ....
Old 04-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Buy a better servo and the new VTS slipper or the center diff. The rest of the truck is pretty solid.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Put it to you this way - you won't believe how much rip your missing with the stock slipper until you change it.

Thanks
Chassis brace, new rear shock tower. You could just buy the FT update kit and either sell the saddle pack kit or give saddles a shot later on.

FT Update Kit.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Thanks
If money is no issue go with the center diff v2, it will benefit both on indoor/outdoor tracks because it can be adjusted to accordingly.........

The clicker is the pully setup on the front of the sc10, when the nut is tightened down all they way the sc10 is in 4wd at all times, when it is loosened up the sc10 will turn somewhat into a 2wd meaning when you break only the rear will break etc..........

Other good upgrade options are rcshox 2stage pistons, ackbar, and AE's carbon fiber rear hub's that are made for the b4/t4/sc10 etc.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.