Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Legend

Ran my truck three days this week ..

Having a blast with & no shelving it for me....

will be gluing her all together though , always working making it even faster than before .
Old 09-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turners dad
I have exactly the same motor/esc/BEC and I posted a couple weeks back about mine doing this same thing.. I changed over to my other mmp/bec and cleaned all of the deans connecters male and female ends. I put the questionable mmp/bec on my sons rock crawler, not sure which action cured my problems but it fixed the brown outs.
I am running gensace 5,300mha 65c stick lipos also just to mention.
Take a close look at the connections for black gue build up, if so clean it off, also check the bullets that plug into the battery, I tear half the fuzz off a q-tip and use simple green then dry out the hole with another q-tip. Just a thought that may help.
Good luck with it.
I'll clean up my connections just for insurance. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Jtipsy
If using bullets make sure they are the solid ones like castle sells. I had issues with the basket style collapsing on its self and causing me a lot of issues.
Always Castle bullets only for this guy! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Originally Posted by Cain
did you try a different receiver or even radio setup?
No because I firmly believe it's not the radio. The speedo understands throttle input. (red brake, green throttle) and has full steering.

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
do you run spektrum? or savox?

same probs, ccbec wouldnt even fix it! probs for a long time drove me crazy.
I dumped spektrum and castle.
no probs
Spektrum radio and spektrum servos. I will not dump my spektrum radio but these voltage hogging servos are going.

I've never had a problem for almost? TWO YEARS with this exact setup. It just blows my mind how it can be such a problem 'now' and with two different esc's/bec's

Thanks for all the suggestions. My RX8 is modified and in there now but this is still bugging/worrying me.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC Shaun
No because I firmly believe it's not the radio. The speedo understands throttle input. (red brake, green throttle) and has full steering.

Spektrum radio and spektrum servos. I will not dump my spektrum radio but these voltage hogging servos are going.

I've never had a problem for almost? TWO YEARS with this exact setup. It just blows my mind how it can be such a problem 'now' and with two different esc's/bec's

Thanks for all the suggestions. My RX8 is modified and in there now but this is still bugging/worrying me.
I had that same belief as well till I started gettng brown out around a specific part of a track. Hopefully your experience though is solved by the RX8.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by btown
will the gen ace saddle packs work with this truck.
gen ace batteries gets the truck moving but its so mushy.. you need at least 50-60c rating.. i purchased some trak power 60c 5400's and wow what a difference! hello power
Old 09-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Had the wv state championships this weekend.My brushleshobbies,castle powered SC10 4x4 was able to TQ and win by over a lap.The truck was dialed and very fun to drive.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Sweet good job man
Old 09-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Raced last night for the first time with the exotek front locker and RC shox dual Garodisc. all I can say is wow I love it Power really was hooking up good on the clay track. Took 2nd in the A main.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by xxxntwv
Had the wv state championships this weekend.My brushleshobbies,castle powered SC10 4x4 was able to TQ and win by over a lap.The truck was dialed and very fun to drive.
congrats! Can you post what conditions were like including jumps, and what setup you went with?

Nice to see a win with a low price speedo!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
congrats! Can you post what conditions were like including jumps, and what setup you went with?

Nice to see a win with a low price speedo!
The esc has worked great.Runs cool and has been dependable so far.Track is a large 8th scale track but only half is ran for sct.The half ran by sct has medium size jumps with a few large jumps.I would say medium traction.I based my setup off kinwalds and made changes to suit myself.I made a setup sheet but its too large to upload on rctech.If anyone is interested send me a pm and i can email it to you or if someone knows how to shrink it they can post it.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default setup champ.

guys I got a killer hybrid setup That will go up tomorrow evening stay tuned... as soon as i can figure out how to upload a setup sheet to here.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
Center diff, FTW!!
What is the "center diff" I keep reading about? There's the front and rear, does the center replace the slipper, where does it go? Is there three total?
Old 09-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Legend

Its made by RC Shox. the latest version is basically a ball diff that has the ability to adjust the diff action via pins. here is a direct link:

http://www.rcshox.com/sc1044-center-dif-v2/
Old 09-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank you Castle Creations for your bulletproof products for bashing and all purpose running. But unfortunately you can't handle the requirements of racing for me.

Time to sell these buggers off!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lodhammerdin
Theres a guy at my track with a losi and pro4 4600 (dont know his settings) but he can barley keep up with me down the straight and cant clear the big double on the back straight. I run a lrp 550 5.5 with 3 boost and 0 timing. Is this because my truck is lighter or he has it turned way down?
He must have it turned down. I have the same setup in my Losi. I can clear a triple with ease. And the throttle on my radio is at 75%.
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-mcguyver-549.jpg  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Legend

can't recommend to anyone turning down the throttle EPA

When you do ?
You not only kill top speed , but also bottom power .
So if your having trouble clearing jumps running a turn down EPA ?

This is why the truck is missing those jumps ...

summary

Don't use a ban aid to fix poor throttle control !

It will only make the truck harder to drive ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.