Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
Clearly everyone's experience is different. My RX8 has been very unreliable. My MMP has been totally reliable. Go figure.
I saw no less than three rx8's let the majic smoke out last year, my three original mmp's are still running strong, all have 1-2 seasons of racing on them ;P
Old 04-14-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Rage ease up will you? I don't own a MMP but why be so arrogant and childish about the matter to others by laughing at there misfortune??I have seen this sytem run great in the SCTE when properly setup !!So we get it, you love the Rx8 and say you have had nothing but problems with the MMP.Yet there are also others have had good experiences with the MMP, so plz get over it and just move on!!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

does the mamba monter need a bce? also i'm also running the sr300 with a savox servo. need to order a new esc and looking for the rite one. rx8 is just alittle more than i wanna spend rite now.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777
does the mamba monter need a bce? also i'm also running the sr300 with a savox servo. need to order a new esc and looking for the rite one. rx8 is just alittle more than i wanna spend rite now.
No, it does not work. Futaba servos work very well with the MMM. Not sure what the deal is with the sr300 and castle.
A BEC will probaly fix it though.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
At least I like their quick connect electric screwdriver hex bits and aluminum handle.
agreed. I forgot about those
Old 04-14-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

what bec should i get? castle?
Old 04-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Put my truck on the track for the first time last night. Indoor high traction. Runnin mmp and castle 3800 motor hitec 5955. Installed new diff pins made by guy here locally and 5/5/3 in the diffs. I am super impressed w/ the truck and motor.i was able to turn some really fast laps right away w/ the stock setup otherwise. Racin friday nite so hope to lay it down on the mostly slash 4x4's still runnin. And convert those waitin on the ae truck lol
Old 04-14-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I put one in my sc10. Using a mmp and orion 8.5 w/ hitec 5965. Had a few glitchin issues before but ran some practice w it and seemed good. Seemed the esc was able to give the motor a lil more power since not powering anything else!! Probably get one for my scte too
Old 04-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitro0619
I put one in my sc10. Using a mmp and orion 8.5 w/ hitec 5965. Had a few glitchin issues before but ran some practice w it and seemed good. Seemed the esc was able to give the motor a lil more power since not powering anything else!! Probably get one for my scte too
i turn my truck on, with a mmp and the yellow lightstay solid and the steering serco twitches back an forth. at one point when i turned the stterring wheel the wheels tuened to. wft
Old 04-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

That's what I used(castle BEC) and I have had awesome results with it. I had a lot of servo chatter, and even issues with my throttle, I installed my Castle BEC and all the issues disappeared. It runs super smooth and consistent. I was really happy with the results and would recommend it to anyone. I run my castle ESC with Castle motors so I don't know if that helps the MMP not blow up. To me it makes sense to buy the same brand ESC as the motor you have if you want the best results as they were designed to work together. I know at my track many people have had issues with Tekin and most use Castle products there. I don't know why some people have issues with Castle and others don't, or the same with Tekin. I think whatever ESC you buy make sure it is designed to work with whatever motor you use. Seems like most of the ESC's start losing reliability if you are using them at more than 75% of their capabilities. I get less is not more in Electric Setups more is more if you want reliability. JM2C
Old 04-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xxfile
Welll the snows gone the tracks good finally and I am all a titter in anticipation of the first launch of my new SCTE this afternoon.... I just hope I was lucky enough to get one with the hard pins... when i changed the diffs it has decent screrws that seemed to have no issues with stripping i wonder if theres a reloationship between shitty screws and shitty pins.... we shall see.
film at 11:00.
you guys have NO idea how good you have it in socal or anycal for that matter.
Welll now I understand what you guys mean by "its like cheating"... wow does it handle nice right out of the box. and being from the north we do things differently like run 7-10-2 in the diffs and it seems to work well like that but seemed to push a lot in hi speed sweepers so this AM it was teardown the center diff and check the pins which are just starting to groove slightly so its on the shelf until pins arrive or get fabricated. I was alternating losi for 1 batt, slash for 1 batt and there are advantages with both i actually found the losi to be better in the tight stuff and the slash better at speed.
The losi has stock rubber but calibers on order and that might make a difference too.

Thanks Losi!!!!
and with RX8 / tekin 550 and 17 tooth pinion
ran a bit hot on the motor (170) but ESC was at 93 so I think i'm gonna go a bit bigger on the pinion as that seems to be the general consensus here.
Hot motor cool speedo = more gear
outside temp was about 70f earlier but about 40f later coat and hat weather.

Last edited by xxfile; 04-14-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: wrong pinion size
Old 04-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxfile
Welll now I understand what you guys mean by "its like cheating"... wow does it handle nice right out of the box. and being from the north we do things differently like run 7-10-2 in the diffs and it seems to work well like that but seemed to push a lot in hi speed sweepers so this AM it was teardown the center diff and check the pins which are just starting to groove slightly so its on the shelf until pins arrive or get fabricated. I was alternating losi for 1 batt, slash for 1 batt and there are advantages with both i actually found the losi to be better in the tight stuff and the slash better at speed.
The losi has stock rubber but calibers on order and that might make a difference too.

Thanks Losi!!!!
and with RX8 / tekin 550 and 17 tooth pinion
ran a bit hot on the motor (170) but ESC was at 93 so I think i'm gonna go a bit bigger on the pinion as that seems to be the general consensus here.
Hot motor cool speedo = more gear
outside temp was about 70f earlier but about 40f later coat and hat weather.
if you didnt read the other 200 posts on the tekin motor turn down your current limiter on the RX8 first
Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chase1472
if you didnt read the other 200 posts on the tekin motor turn down your current limiter on the RX8 first
I did... current limiter at 80 % and now chrispins ordered... a fine service he is providing.
Hotwire on order for better fine tuning of the rx8 too. but its a shelf queen until the chrispins arrive dont want to take a chance of chewing up the gears.
good thing i still have a slash to run for now

I know of course how the poor lil slash is scorned on this thread but it still goes pretty good...
Old 04-14-2011, 08:44 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
And how does the rx8 compare? For those who refuse to use it. Id bet problem free.
Been happy with Tekin and the RX8, but that's not to say I wasn't prone to the problems the 4 hole case had. I also returned a 3 hole case RX8 due to a soldering post coming loose. I've had the fewest issues with the current Castle MMM, just wish it was sensored as well.

So far for racing the SCTE, the 3 hole RX8 has been the best speedo I've used in it. It's smooth, adjustable, no BEC or glitch busters needed, switch is good, and overall fairly reliable.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Those are pretty heavy oils in the diffs. When you rebuild with the chris pins seriously consider dropping down to 5-3-3. Unless you are on carpet or smooth very high bite you diffs are too heavy IMO. You will get better stability and high speed steering going to lower oils.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.