Old 04-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timbulb
Nice quick change
lol
Old 04-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Guys , Great idea putting that info on the first page .. just all around good topics here . It's saves a lot of hours . I raced the truck last friday night. Raced on sunday too. TQ'd and the won the A-main both days. All I did was add diff. oils. everything else came from all of you guys putting forth your experiences . Thank you
Old 04-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fireflysti
Yeah, I had the motor too close to the out drive and it rubbed a little, but that was weeks ago and I fixed that. Same crack is also on the front drive shaft and that one wasn't rubbing anything.
I had the same issue with the center front, I read that the tolerance on the thru hole is so tight that during pin installation some crack and some do not. Call losi and they will take care of you. I did.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm curious about some of the issues guy's are having. I read posts about things breaking, specifically premature wear of the outdrives and cracking plastic, broken/cracked drive shafts.....ect. I have 20+ packs on mine and only changed out the diff pins. My plastic still looks new and outdrives show no wear at all. Are the guy's breaking parts actually racing on dirt?? or bashing in the yard or pavement?? Just curious.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
I'm curious about some of the issues guy's are having. I read posts about things breaking, specifically premature wear of the outdrives and cracking plastic, broken/cracked drive shafts.....ect. I have 20+ packs on mine and only changed out the diff pins. My plastic still looks new and outdrives show no wear at all. Are the guy's breaking parts actually racing on dirt?? or bashing in the yard or pavement?? Just curious.
I only race this truck but as you know things happen in this hobby, this is not the first time I've broken a part and won't be the last time. There are a lots of reasons for braking parts, style of driving, type of track you race at, defect is part.... ect. But, I always say, it you're not breaking parts, you're not driving hard enough
Old 04-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

[QUOTE=SaladFork;8914079]
Originally Posted by BmainStar

Mine did the droop readjust also from chewing through... Here is the fix.

Can this get added to the first page PLEASE if it is not already there? Thanks!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fireflysti
No worries, I already got the replacements on order and coming, just wanted you guys to now. I'll do a tear down and make sure nothing else is causing this before I install the new ones.
Curious if you noticed the bent driveshaft syndrome that myself and others had noticed new from the box with your driveshafts also prior to having this failure? My rear shaft has a serious wobble and I havent even run the truck yet.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by irocdave12
Curious if you noticed the bent driveshaft syndrome that myself and others had noticed new from the box with your driveshafts also prior to having this failure? My rear shaft has a serious wobble and I havent even run the truck yet.
No, It's not bent at all.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
First off torque with brushless motors are more a function of your battery than any gearing you could ever throw at it.. so don't go there. These are not brushed motors 2 teeth on a spur will do nothing for torque or effeciency in fact effective torque will go up as you gear up (smaller spur, larger pinion) as long as your temps are not going over max and your lipo can handle the load. Now that we have that out of the way you can understand why all this work to get any different spurs for effeciency that isn't there is all a load when dealing with brushless systems and lipo's. You will only reduce temps and increase run time by gearing down (raising total ratio) so if you increase a spur or reduce your pinion you will reduce your top speed, increase run time and normally reduce motor temps on most tracks. I say normally because yo can go too low and this will result in creating heat as well. This is my story I'm sticking to it because it's right. I will say if your motor is too close to your center diff like the other guy a change in spurs could be helpful on that aspect but trust me I've geared all sorts of different combos to get the same ratio and with a brushless motor and lipo you don't feel any difference unless the ratio is different.
I will move on after this...
You are validating that a larger spur increases low end torque when you agree that a larger spur decreases top end.
I will agree though that it is not as dramatic as in a brushed setup but to say it is not so is to digress as well.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thinking about getting a hv servo, but my bec only puts out about 5.75 volts, will that work if they r rated at 6, and 7.4?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

So Hacker any updates on the diff pins ? I wonder what all the team guys are running at these races ...
Old 04-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Thinking about getting a hv servo, but my bec only puts out about 5.75 volts, will that work if they r rated at 6, and 7.4?
You don't need a HV servo for this truck.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
You don't need a HV servo for this truck.
I know just I found this one
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16243
Looks really good?

Actualy I have one that is 178 oz in there now , it seems to work good I doubt I need any more actualy ?

Or I was going to get the
Savox SC-1256TG
Old 04-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
I will move on after this...
You are validating that a larger spur increases low end torque when you agree that a larger spur decreases top end.
I will agree though that it is not as dramatic as in a brushed setup but to say it is not so is to digress as well.
I didn't validate anything... Brushless motors do not have the same relationship to gearing as brushed. Just because you limit or reduce top speed with a gear choice (typically pinion) it does not mean you have increased torque like it did with brushed. Again the brushless motor can max it torque potential with most any gearing that fits these trucks provided your lipo can give it the amps that it needs. If you go too far or have a motor too small for your application it will result in heat and can also be very bad for the battery if it's not up to the task. Haven't you yet noticed how powerful (quick or torquey) the same brushless motor can be on the same gearing in the same truck by simply changing to a higher C rated lipo? Do you really think gearing could make this impact? Give it a try drop in a crappy 15c lipo or some nimh's then drop in a nice low IR 65c lipo I guarantee it makes more of an impact in torque than ANY gearing combination you can fit in this truck.

I know I'm sure others are bored.. I’ll stop on this tangent as well.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=SaladFork;8914079]
Originally Posted by BmainStar

Mine did the droop readjust also from chewing through... Here is the fix.

Can you tell me the part # for the droop screws? I cannot find them in my losi eight manual.

Thanks 1airborne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.