Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Travis, since you have the same Esc / Motor combo I have, what kind of batteries are you using and what runtime do you usually get ?
Nanotech 6600's with 13t pinion and i havent really had "track time" to get a estimate as usually if i am running, its around the yard testing and checking things or just not paid attention when running with the bro in law and nephew BUT our local indoor track just opened back up so i dont know if on Wed they are open for practice and thats when i go run as i just dont have the extra money to race on Fridays but i'll try to do some checking within the week and run the truck if i get some time

Originally Posted by cmace23
Hey guys I'm in need of some parts if anyone has any extras.

Needed Losi Scte parts:
Body
Front and rear body Mount's
Rear Bumper
Front Bumper
Side guards
Mud Flaps
Rear center drive shaft
Wheel hexes
If your converting your TEN-Te you will also need the chassis to get the extra 1" and also why you need the longer rear shaft...im sure you kno but just in case you didnt

Last edited by TCCustoms; 09-30-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Nanotech 6600's with 13t pinion and i havent really had "track time" to get a estimate as usually if i am running, its around the yard testing and checking things or just not paid attention when running with the bro in law and nephew BUT our local indoor track just opened back up so i dont know if on Wed they are open for practice and thats when i go run as i just dont have the extra money to race on Fridays but i'll try to do some checking within the week and run the truck if i get some time
Cool. I'm running the 13t as well. I was bashing today on my 7000mAh Gens Ace (they're shiny new, 2nd run) and imho I had less run time than I'd expect. I don't know if the batteries might improve a bit over time; I've read about preservatives added to lipo's in the factory (for transportation) that disintegrate over time resulting in better performance, don't know if that's true or hogwash. I'd like to hear about your runtimes, then I can compare when the indoor track here opens again somewhere in the next few weeks.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Cool. I'm running the 13t as well. I was bashing today on my 7000mAh Gens Ace (they're shiny new, 2nd run) and imho I had less run time than I'd expect. I don't know if the batteries might improve a bit over time; I've read about preservatives added to lipo's in the factory (for transportation) that disintegrate over time resulting in better performance, don't know if that's true or hogwash. I'd like to hear about your runtimes, then I can compare when the indoor track here opens again somewhere in the next few weeks.
Dunno, i use to run the Gens Ace 40c 5000mah batts and these nanos blow them outta the water BUT i was using direct wired batts with TRX connectors and now i have about 4-5" of wire out of the esc running straight to the batt with duratrax 4mm bullets and that reduced alot of heat and VERY PLEASED with the truck right now and flies through the air nicely and able to control it mid air very well. If i had some stuff around here or alittle more of an open area to run i would try to run it now but usually here im more speed runs or high speed running and not track style dinking around so it wont be worth comparing but our local indoor track is small also so this system will pry be way to much for the track but it will be fun to find out...
Old 09-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Does anyone have a center diff for sale with 10000wt built??? I need to purchase one asap. I have had some problems in building the last couple days!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
i did it with the SNR +9mm graphite towers and like it...have red front springs with silver in rear. Nice that these towers also have the holes for stock or lower mounting holes if i decide to go back to stock shocks but doubt i will since they are just as much as the 8ights but a smidget cheaper. Cut off the bolth the standoff mounts to and drilled and tapped in a new smaller bolt so i didnt have to drill out the tower mounting holes since they are so close together
Where did you get the shock towers from?
Old 09-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sbrewer
Where did you get the shock towers from?
He got them from SNR more than likely.
http://www.snrgraphite.com/index.php...products_id=17
http://www.snrgraphite.com/index.php...products_id=18
Old 09-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Fixed the links.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

u are correct...happy with them so far also! Just CA Glue the edges and install em
Old 10-01-2012, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

cool thank you
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Running a Novak Ballistic 4.5 motor, Tekin RX8 esc, and 5600-6000mah lipos... No matter what gearing I use, I can't seem to find myself making 10-minute mains. I'm lucky to get 9-minutes.

Also, not running any advanced timing, drag brake, or even a HV steering servo... Everything else seems legit, otherwise. Oh and no overheating of either the motor or ESC. Just poor run-times.

Help?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weavty1
Running a Novak Ballistic 4.5 motor, Tekin RX8 esc, and 5600-6000mah lipos... No matter what gearing I use, I can't seem to find myself making 10-minute mains. I'm lucky to get 9-minutes.

Also, not running any advanced timing, drag brake, or even a HV steering servo... Everything else seems legit, otherwise. Oh and no overheating of either the motor or ESC. Just poor run-times.

Help?
I run 6500 Revtechs and the Activ8 from Novak with my Ballistic geared 15T and running timing advance on the speedo. No trouble making 10+ minutes.

Have you retarded the current limiter? I know that 100% will cook through batteries on the rx8. Try 60%
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I run 6500 Revtechs and the Activ8 from Novak with my Ballistic geared 15T and running timing advance on the speedo. No trouble making 10+ minutes.

Have you retarded the current limiter? I know that 100% will cook through batteries on the rx8. Try 60%
I believe the current limiter is set to 'off'
Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Help?
how big is the track? Where are you geared? What esc settings? How much does your truck weigh?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
how big is the track? Where are you geared? What esc settings? How much does your truck weigh?
The three tracks I've had an issue with - One is Flowood Mississippi (2012 Clash).. another is a little smaller, but more technical than that track.. and the other is a small indoor track, with about 16sec lap times...

I've geared it anywhere from 13t pinion to 15t pinion (with stock spur), and no luck with better run times.

And the ESC settings in my Hot Wire are:

Timing Advance: 0
Voltage Cutoff: 4S
Drive Mode: Dual Drive
Motor Direction: Normal
Throttle Profile: 3
Current Limit: Off
Throttle Minimum: 0
Push Control: Off
Drag Brake: Off
Brake Strength: 70
Reverse Speed: Off
Neutral Width: Min
Bran Minimum: 5

Truck is bone stock, as far as weight goes. So around 7.0 lbs, ready for the track.

Thanks Randy
Old 10-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The three tracks I've had an issue with - One is Flowood Mississippi (2012 Clash).. another is a little smaller, but more technical than that track.. and the other is a small indoor track, with about 16sec lap times...

I've geared it anywhere from 13t pinion to 15t pinion (with stock spur), and no luck with better run times.

And the ESC settings in my Hot Wire are:

Timing Advance: 0
Voltage Cutoff: 4SThis should be 2s
Drive Mode: Dual Drive
Motor Direction: Normal
Throttle Profile: 3
Current Limit: OffTry 70
Throttle Minimum: 0
Push Control: Off
Drag Brake: Off
Brake Strength: 70
Reverse Speed: Off
Neutral Width: Min
Bran Minimum: 5

Truck is bone stock, as far as weight goes. So around 7.0 lbs, ready for the track.

Thanks Randy
Changes in Red. The other issue is the weight. If your truck is 7lbs hitting the track you need to get rid of some of that weight. It really needs to be 6.5lbs or lower to get 10 on a 5500mah'ish pack.

The losi is heavy and this is good for somethings, run time is not one of them.

For most tracks go with a 14T. Unless it's tight point and shoot indoor tracks, then go 13T.

Unless the track has a long straight 180ft or more stay away from a 15T on the 4600.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.