Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Initiate

If only I could drive it as fast as the 12 year old with the stock roller.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeffem62
If only I could drive it as fast as the 12 year old with the stock roller.
Now that is the most accurate thing i've read in a while! Its a good thing thet have hop ups for the over 40 crowd !!!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Back in the late 80's we didn't have lipo's, no ca for tires, and mostly two wheel drives. Speeds were low, never balanced a wheel. I cant remember foam inserts either. AE was the truck of choice and I was one of the few racing the Losi. I bought the tire balancer after I lost two front wheels on the front straight. Both times also losing my hex and dog bones. I guess I was looking stupid searching the track for my lost hex and a local racer educated me about balancing. No more tires flying off and straight as an arrow down the straights. Never tried eyeing the balance while on the truck. The losi balancer does come ith a sc adapter.

Originally Posted by dtr
In my limited experience hex tolerances are to low for these balancers to give good results. Of course you can help take away some of the imperfections, but put them on your car and there goes your precious fine tuned balance.
I feel the only real option is to mark you wheel hexes and wheels, get the dogbones out and balance the tires in place. It is a bit more cumbersome to place clay into a mounted wheel though. Next time you install just match the marks and there you go... or don't. Did I say tolerances?
Old 08-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Do the de mud guards work? Will the work with the MIP chassis? Never could get the MIP cowl to fit properly and ditched it.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr
In my limited experience hex tolerances are to low for these balancers to give good results. Of course you can help take away some of the imperfections, but put them on your car and there goes your precious fine tuned balance.
I feel the only real option is to mark you wheel hexes and wheels, get the dogbones out and balance the tires in place. It is a bit more cumbersome to place clay into a mounted wheel though. Next time you install just match the marks and there you go... or don't. Did I say tolerances?

The hexes would have very little effect as they are right at the center of the spinning wheel , and the tiny little bit that they might be off balance also isnt enough to matter .

Now tires and wheels carry the weight at the outside and even 10ths of a gram can make a huge difference when the tire is spinning at speed .
Old 08-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Phantom Pro looks nice. Do the draws come out or stay in? My Plano is nice but sometimes it is a pain taking the draws all the way out and then opening them.
They stay in - they are on slides, but can be removed for cleaning by pressing the tabs in. They open to full extension, so it's easy access to anything.

Some of the drawers I took my dremel to and removed some of the dividers so I can fit small Plano boxes in for screws and such. I also dremelled some of the dividers so I can group my tools together in single compartments.

There are other options - I just have this from when I started RCing about 20+ years ago. Started w/ JRX-2 through the XX CR, Took a long hiatus, came back and everything was short course, brushless, lipo, DSM2, boost/timing, and such.

Anyway - it works for me - but apparently they aren't made anymore! Ebay and RCTech are the only places you can buy them I think. And I think I'd be miserable without it.

Enjoy the replunge back into RC! I was in your shoes last year getting refreshed with everything.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

I cant remember foam inserts either.
I was trying to remember that as well.

I was trying to remember if the carcasses were mushy since there was nothing in them for support, or if the tires were just more firm and didn't need it. But I don't recall putting inserts in. Near the end before I took my break I think I recall them start to be around/available.

I guess I could go seek out a vintage racer .. unfortunately I'm old and don't like to live in the past, so I guess I don't care THAT much!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
The hexes would have very little effect as they are right at the center of the spinning wheel , and the tiny little bit that they might be off balance also isnt enough to matter .

Now tires and wheels carry the weight at the outside and even 10ths of a gram can make a huge difference when the tire is spinning at speed .
I agree. I try to do some form of balance now that I have a balancer. Seems to work out pretty well. I don't notice as much as on my 1/8 scale, but yea.. works out.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

you know who has good containers for us!!!! Fishing stores!!! lol they have some sweet cases for fishing gear that works sweet with the things we have to store!!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Does anybody know the weigth of those 2 parts compared to stock ones?

KHZ-SCTE-035 King Headz Center Diff
KHZ-SCTE-036 King Headz Motor Mount
Old 08-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Do the de mud guards work? Will the work with the MIP chassis? Never could get the MIP cowl to fit properly and ditched it.
I feel they work great. Dont own the mip chassis though so i couldn't tell ya if they would fit on your truck. When i go out on the track after some guy has overwatered, these things are a life-saver.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Any of you guys gonna try out the Proline ford focus rally car body for the scte.Looks like they sell the extended body posts for them too.Looks interesting.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I feel they work great. Dont own the mip chassis though so i couldn't tell ya if they would fit on your truck. When i go out on the track after some guy has overwatered, these things are a life-saver.
How do they attach? Tried to get in touch with DE with no luck. Amain are not much help either.

Just got in touch with DE directly and they directed me to pics. Looks like they attach directly to the A Arms. Might be worth the $6.30.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

How do they attach? Tried to get in touch with DE with no luck. Amain are not much help either.

Just got in touch with DE directly and they directed me to pics. Looks like they attach directly to the A Arms. Might be worth the $6.30.
They work fine. Had them on mip chassis no problems.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yes they attach directly to the arms. You take the stock button head screw that mounts the sway bar to the arms out and replace them with the longer cap head screws de includes. The other mounting point is at the end of the arm behind the yellow nut.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.