Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 02:45 PM
  #36931  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction to show me what is what?


This is camber.

We measure it with one of these.
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...odId=LOSA99172

Does this help?
Casper is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:13 PM
  #36932  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper


This is camber.

We measure it with one of these.
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...odId=LOSA99172

Does this help?
yea, i get that much i just meant what holes mean what or when it says -1.5 you always use the gauge to check? i just looking over the sheet studying it but like where it says camber link it says "2" which i get but wasnt sure what if your turning the turnbuckles to get the -1 or if there is a hole change that gets you to those and then fine tweak with turnbuckles. I think i have the rpm monster camber gauge and by looking at pics online since its been so long since used that it does show 1* increments. But i just want to make sure i have the correct hole locations and all...im sure im over analyzing it but id rather be safe then sorry
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:16 PM
  #36933  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
yea, i get that much i just meant what holes mean what or when it says -1.5 you always use the gauge to check? i just looking over the sheet studying it but like where it says camber link it says "2" which i get but wasnt sure what if your turning the turnbuckles to get the -1 or if there is a hole change that gets you to those and then fine tweak with turnbuckles. I think i have the rpm monster camber gauge and by looking at pics online since its been so long since used that it does show 1* increments. But i just want to make sure i have the correct hole locations and all...im sure im over analyzing it but id rather be safe then sorry
Put the camber link in the correct hole (as you can see the holes are identified on the setup sheet and you got that). Then adjust the tie rod to get the static camber you are looking for. Make sure you set your ride hieght first and then adjust the static camber.
Casper is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:19 PM
  #36934  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
wfdfiremedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 598
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I tried experimenting by using box stock rear springs in front and fronts in rear. I found cutting a coil off the previously rear springs worked well when using them in front. I find this is a cheap alternative to buying the racing spring sets.

Also, the hobby wing sct pro esc and 4000 kv motor simply kicks ass!!
wfdfiremedic is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:20 PM
  #36935  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (18)
 
hkrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Baldwin Park, CA
Posts: 474
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Can someone give me the losi part # for a SCTE servo mounting kit(spacers & screws).

Thanks Rob
hkrob is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:23 PM
  #36936  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper
Put the camber link in the correct hole (as you can see the holes are identified on the setup sheet and you got that). Then adjust the tie rod to get the static camber you are looking for. Make sure you set your ride hieght first and then adjust the static camber.
ok, and ya...be doin ass backawards if i didnt do height first and thanks for reminding me! What is the proper way to set ride height and is there another set-up that would be better for being outdoors or just stick to the Dunfords?
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:25 PM
  #36937  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (80)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 700
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

What are you guys doing about the excessive play and sloppyness that develops in the turnbuckle rod ends?
AMP-RC is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:26 PM
  #36938  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,533
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AMP-RC
What are you guys doing about the excessive play and sloppyness that develops in the turnbuckle rod ends?
Just replace with new ends and balls.
larlev is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:29 PM
  #36939  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (80)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 700
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev
Just replace with new ends and balls.
Just did, two runs later I'm back to a ton of play and slop.
AMP-RC is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:39 PM
  #36940  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
ok, and ya...be doin ass backawards if i didnt do height first and thanks for reminding me! What is the proper way to set ride height and is there another set-up that would be better for being outdoors or just stick to the Dunfords?
Losi made a video for ride height.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF2BjgLwXLk

We do ride hieght body off with the SCTE as it is hard to measure with the body.

Originally Posted by AMP-RC
What are you guys doing about the excessive play and sloppyness that develops in the turnbuckle rod ends?
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB2187

Keeps slop away much longer!
Casper is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:49 PM
  #36941  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

ok, just what i thought...thank you very much! i'll keep studying and looking over my truck as i go until all parts get here and then knock this thing out...got alot of work ahead of me, lol!
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 04:21 PM
  #36942  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AMP-RC
Just did, two runs later I'm back to a ton of play and slop.
Use new rod ends and the hard ano balls.It will still have some slop, You are not going to notice a little slop when driving,totally normal!
What I like to call (The Much Coveted Losi Slop)
BmainStar is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 04:46 PM
  #36943  
Tech Master
 
Kevin_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perry Hall MD, USA
Posts: 1,104
Default

Looking for opinion on best all round tire for truck. Racing on hard pack semi dusty tracks.
Kevin_M is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 05:05 PM
  #36944  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,794
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin_M
Looking for opinion on best all round tire for truck. Racing on hard pack semi dusty tracks.
Proline calibers
aka cityblocks ( my favorite)
Aka enduros
proline gladiators
aka gridirons
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 05:33 PM
  #36945  
Tech Adept
 
DanielHolloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: at the track or wishing i was
Posts: 114
Default

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Use new rod ends and the hard ano balls.It will still have some slop, You are not going to notice a little slop when driving,totally normal!
What I like to call (The Much Coveted Losi Slop)
Not sure who I actually am stealing this from, but the best thing I've heard about slop in a Losi is this: Secret Losi Overtaking Power.
DanielHolloway is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.