Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Just happend to link into something on youtube last night and decided to do a search for our local track and found this video of one of our heats at HORC a couple months ago. This is our indoor offroad clay track we race at during the winter. Though next year CRC will have a huge indoor offroad track, this one is still a lot of fun. My SCTE is the green w/ my standard setup, couple bobbles but a fair run, some funny comments buy the guys taping.. not sure who they were ;P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yZwcO2T5dc
Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
what position is your battery in? im thinking of trying to put my battery back to center and take the front sway bar out.
i run the battery all the way back
Old 04-18-2012, 08:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rctrucker2
I would appreciate it if someone would post a jpeg scan or photo so I could get a copy. I am in the process of rebuilding my SCTE and would like to use his setup.

Thanks for the help.
This should be large enough to read good. The second one is for his standard setup.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-ryan_dunford.gif   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-ryan_dunford_standard.gif  

Last edited by Dakar Dad; 04-18-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Which of the four Losi aluminum servo horns fit Spektrum servos? There's one listed for Futaba, Hitec, JR, and KO/Airtronics. I know Futaba is 25T, Hitec is 24T, and KO/Airtronics/JR are all 23T. Anyone know which one for Spektrum? Thanks.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mototech
Which of the four Losi aluminum servo horns fit Spektrum servos? There's one listed for Futaba, Hitec, JR, and KO/Airtronics. I know Futaba is 25T, Hitec is 24T, and KO/Airtronics/JR are all 23T. Anyone know which one for Spektrum? Thanks.
23T - JR. Asked Horizon; bought; installed on my Spektrum servo.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Dakar Dad
This should be large enough to read good. The second one is for his standard setup.
Thanks Dakar Dad, that worked great. I noticed on Dunford's 2/29/2012 standard setup sheet that no shock length was given for the front or rear shocks. That setting was left blank. Does anyone have the shock length settings for Dunford's 2/29/2012 setup?

I just received my Bump chassis and am in the process of rebuilding my SCTE with Dunfor's setup.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mototech
We typically use the JR one.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Anyone got a decent basline setup to put on my truck for a tight indoor carpet offroad track? Thanks!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Just happend to link into something on youtube last night and decided to do a search for our local track and found this video of one of our heats at HORC a couple months ago. This is our indoor offroad clay track we race at during the winter. Though next year CRC will have a huge indoor offroad track, this one is still a lot of fun. My SCTE is the green w/ my standard setup, couple bobbles but a fair run, some funny comments buy the guys taping.. not sure who they were ;P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yZwcO2T5dc
dominated from the start! You're really good!!!
I've never raced indoors but I just found out about a track
close to me, can you post your setup?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcguy76559
if the body is tearing up stop crashing so much. lol spoken from experience. Heard some people use extra body mounts to stop body from flexing when on roof.
Originally Posted by jmoose1
Kind of strange, people buy all this lightened stuff then add ounces right back with shoo goo and tape. I really don't mind getting a new body with a fresh paint scheme every once in a while, feels like a new truck!
Originally Posted by Dano628
Especially considering how high the weight they are adding is !
Originally Posted by oldschoolnewb
Get around the track slowly without crashing over and over. This will gradually lead to you being fast without crashing. Go all out before you have learned car control and it will never come.
+1 on all these points!

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
If you do it right it doesn't add that much weight and keeps the truck looking like new for 1/2 the season instead of two weeks :P Actually the body I'm about to replace lasted the entire summer and winter racing series (both). Had I not used shoegoo it would have been ready for raplacing 1/2 way through the outdoor offroad season If that lil bit of weight messes your racing up, you may have other issues to work on first..

I'd also guess a body with a bit of well placed shoegoo, doesn't weigh much more than the new heavier thicker high flow losi body anyway. Cut out similar holes and the weight should be near same or less and be very well protected.

Now, Now it's only bad if Frank actually acts on it... we yell out crap like that to mess with each other all the time. We are just joking around having a good time. A guy I race nate has been on fire the last few weeks and I was joking (he knew it) and yelled to everyone take him out as he got out in front me taking 1st after getting tied up in traffic. Gotta have a sense of humor and some fun too... I mean we have etiquette and all, but some people totally go too far and forget these are toy cars and there isn't a 1,000,000,000.00 payout on the line Not that we all don't get frustrated or disappointed once in a while :P
I am getting the same results and have never shoegoo'd a body. My body is from last season and has seen 2 different tracks worth of racing and still looks 85% really good. Geez, I am still using a body from the end of my first season of SCT for practice and it looks decent for practice. I have actually missed when a body wasn't lasting me 3-4 race days cause I am getting tired of the paint scheme, LOL.
I totally agree with you on the other point that I bolded. I think it is so foolish to get upset over these little race cars and actually feel those that respond that way when it is not going right for them at the track... Should just find another hobby.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Depends on what type of track you run on. If your indoor clay/carpet, you bodies will last awhile. However if you run on a outdoor track (1/8th loose dirt) won't last very long.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Depends on what type of track you run on. If your indoor clay/carpet, you bodies will last awhile. However if you run on a outdoor track (1/8th loose dirt) won't last very long.
I have never ran on an indoor clay/carpet track and I would probably benefit from it, lol.
Unfortunately, there are none of those type of tracks around where I live for 4x4 SCT
Old 04-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ngo8
My friend uses that exact same set up and he has the fan on ,you should have it on for safety .
Ok thanks alot man!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

GOT MY SCTE TODAY!!!! Just installed the Castle BEC, bound it to my radio, and set the ESC. Damn this thing is loud!!!!!!! Will that break in a bit or what? Off to the track tomorrow night for some hot laps, then I can put a setup on it! One question, people were talking about changing settings on the ESC. I have castle link and excelleron software, what do I use? I'm still pretty much a n00b to this whole brushless/lipo/computer programing thing.....
Old 04-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vw addict
GOT MY SCTE TODAY!!!! Just installed the Castle BEC, bound it to my radio, and set the ESC. Damn this thing is loud!!!!!!! Will that break in a bit or what? Off to the track tomorrow night for some hot laps, then I can put a setup on it! One question, people were talking about changing settings on the ESC. I have castle link and excelleron software, what do I use? I'm still pretty much a n00b to this whole brushless/lipo/computer programing thing.....
You can play with the gear mesh a little and quite it down some. Also some black grease on the ring and pinion (inside the diff cases) can help some as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.