Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 03:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastchvy
who do you order the batteries threw and how long does it take to get them?
Here are a couple links.

6600's
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

6000's
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

I would reccommend either the air mail or the 3 day shipping if you need them quickly, I usually allow a week for processing and either 3 days shipping time (with the 3 day air) plus a day or two waiting in customs = 11-12 days total. If you go regular air mail; a week processing, 10 days shipping time, and a couple days in customs = 18-19 days. So it all depends on how fast you need them. I have also heard standard shipping is about a month to a month and a half...

Keep in mind those times may vary... It also depends if there is a chinese holiday in there... My last order I went with the 3 day shipping (did cost a bit more) but I got it to my door in a total of 7 bussiness days. That's pretty quick for an extra $30 in shipping charges!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default CVD's

I'm not having too good of luck with my center and axle cvd's.
3-4 race days is about it and they are worn out or broken. Typically the front CVD pin will let go first and then the rear axle cvd's need rebuilt. The track is pretty gritty sandy so I would assume some amplified wear but this is just too much. I tried to change my brake/burst speed driving style to a more rolling through the corners style and the wear just seems the same. I did find that leaving them bone dry will help a little.
Do you have any suggestions? Are there after market parts holding up better?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmackhurry
I'm not having too good of luck with my center and axle cvd's.
3-4 race days is about it and they are worn out or broken. Typically the front CVD pin will let go first and then the rear axle cvd's need rebuilt. The track is pretty gritty sandy so I would assume some amplified wear but this is just too much. I tried to change my brake/burst speed driving style to a more rolling through the corners style and the wear just seems the same. I did find that leaving them bone dry will help a little.
Do you have any suggestions? Are there after market parts holding up better?

Something doesn't sound right. Our track tends to get dusty as well, and even after running 10-12 packs through mine every Sat. for the past three months my cvds are still in good shape. The only wear I had was the stock outdrives, but after I hardened a set that issue has gone away as well. On the center shafts you might try putting some heat shrink on to act as a dust boot and see if that helps. If it still does it, then you have other issues.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Have you checked your trannies and hubs for frozen bearings? If te drivetrain isnt spinning freely extra stress on the CVDs can speed up the wear process.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Have you checked your trannies and hubs for frozen bearings? If te drivetrain isnt spinning freely extra stress on the CVDs can speed up the wear process.
Yes - all three diffs are very free and spinning with ease. I have been working with 3-3-2, 5-5-2, 5-3-2 oils for a while so the diffs are always opened, clean and inspected. I wish I could shows pictures of it. Just imagine the tee drive end of the front center cvd at the center diff coupler. The steel bar (tee) is worn 1/3rd of the way through.

Maybe it is just the grit and sand?
Has anyone else had low race time issues?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
Man this new xray 4x4 sct looks a lot like the SCTE just hopped up to the moon. Is it me or did they really use the SCTE for some inspiration on this thing? Lack of originality aside this thing looks like a beast.

http://www.liverc.com/news/new_produ...RC_Xray_XSCT!/

That truck does look like the Losi, The one thing I like about it is that you have the ability to change the Ring/Pinion gears to get different Ratio's. I never owned a r/c car where that is possible but could possibly come in handy.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MX304
Something doesn't sound right. Our track tends to get dusty as well, and even after running 10-12 packs through mine every Sat. for the past three months my cvds are still in good shape. The only wear I had was the stock outdrives, but after I hardened a set that issue has gone away as well. On the center shafts you might try putting some heat shrink on to act as a dust boot and see if that helps. If it still does it, then you have other issues.
The heat shrink sounds like a great idae - thanks.

How did you harden your out drives? Did just just turn them red and dunk em in oil or water? I have to try that.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Outdrive-Set-2
Old 02-21-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmackhurry
The heat shrink sounds like a great idae - thanks.

How did you harden your out drives? Did just just turn them red and dunk em in oil or water? I have to try that.
If you do make sure its oil NOT water . IDK how much it works though , when we heat treated parts at work it took a lot more than just heating them up and dunking them in oil to harden them .
Old 02-21-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
Man this new xray 4x4 sct looks a lot like the SCTE just hopped up to the moon. Is it me or did they really use the SCTE for some inspiration on this thing? Lack of originality aside this thing looks like a beast.

http://www.liverc.com/news/new_produ...RC_Xray_XSCT!/
From those pictures, I am struggling to see any difference between the two. Obviously the bumpers are exactly the same as they said but just the lay out of the car from what can be seen in those pics is identical. It would probably be easier to point out what's different rather than the same.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Suteki
From those pictures, I am struggling to see any difference between the two. Obviously the bumpers are exactly the same as they said but just the lay out of the car from what can be seen in those pics is identical. It would probably be easier to point out what's different rather than the same.
XRay pretty much copied the 8ight when the released thier 808 buggy , but the difference is really in the materials used , the XRay has parts made out of Unobtainium and powdered Unicorn horns , while the Losi cars are just made out of plastic and metal .
Old 02-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Suteki
Well, to me, aside from the bumpers which ARE losi bumpers, I don't see much similarity at all.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm about to replace the grease in my Diffs with fluid. I run on a tight, small, carpet track. I was told that others are running 10-50-2 as far as fluids. But after doing research it seems like 50k in the center is awfully thick. Or am I just the think one?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schlong Connery
I'm about to replace the grease in my Diffs with fluid. I run on a tight, small, carpet track. I was told that others are running 10-50-2 as far as fluids. But after doing research it seems like 50k in the center is awfully thick. Or am I just the think one?
I would start with 5/5/3 or maybe 3/3/2. For a small tight carpet track your going to want a lot of steering. Really 50?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schlong Connery
Sounds like someone is trying to throw you off or they were talking about the Durango. 5/7/3, 5/5/3, 3/3/2 are the normal weights people use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.