Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Just curious guys, anyone here run a RX8-Pro4 4600 combo with a 15/40 gear setup? Just wondering your temps (approx).
I am geared at a 13. I think 15 is a little too tall to start with, with that motor. Larger tracks or cooler outside temps you can go 14 but 15 may be a little too much.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i am getting 170 with a fan on 13 teeth big track out door loose lomey
Old 02-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm not sure exactly what the part is called, front bumper support bracket maybe, it's a small piece around the top of the front diff housing, in front of the shock tower. anyways, myself and at least 4 other guys had this piece break this weekend and I was wondering if anybody has came up with a more durable replacement for this piece? It's not that big of a deal really, but I don't think you can purchase it separately, it comes with the front bumper set.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
I completely get it. You are caught up in something you can't bs your way out of (again). Taiwan comprises 90% of the ROC (republic of China). They speak Mandarin (chinese) They are 100 miles off the coast of mainland China. They are China. Say all you want. Maybe you should spend more time researching solutions and enforcing quality control than defending inconsisties in material quality and production issues on the internet.
Your douchebaggery is unbecoming. You should learn how to communicate with others without seeming like such a jerk. I'm certain you would not talk to this man face to face in this manner, so why do it on here?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scracer68
Your douchebaggery is unbecoming. You should learn how to communicate with others without seeming like such a jerk. I'm certain you would not talk to this man face to face in this manner, so why do it on here?
Usually once I am threatened with a lawsuit, the gloves are off, but yes, I would say it to his face as well.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:57 PM
KIK
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwilkinson
Lol well I just opened another package hoping they were mismatched nah they match so Im sol haha got 3 ribbed and one non ribbed tire
Ribbed is overrated!! Besides, it's only for her pleasure.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I am geared at a 13. I think 15 is a little too tall to start with, with that motor. Larger tracks or cooler outside temps you can go 14 but 15 may be a little too much.
Thanks for the info Casper, track is 170x60...Here is a video of the current layout when they first redid it. Im the blue buggy in front btw.

Was running 14/40, Current limit 75, 10 Timing 5k-20k, pulled off after 10mins at 167, hottest ive got with it so far.

Basically what im asking is, which would be better, run 15 with no TA or 14 with TA? Im assuming the 15 would be faster in the straight, soften the throttle though (not a problem in my eyes, still has PLENTY of rip).

Im trying for just a tad more top on the straight.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
Usually once I am threatened with a lawsuit, the gloves are off, but yes, I would say it to his face as well.
I've never been impressed by people who threaten to sue either, but why dont you just PM eachother. Threatening to sue someone over opinion is chicken $hit. But so is argueing on an RC forum. I dont care what anyone says is the best or worst. Do your own research at the local track. Get a general consensus on different forums. Pm people or email manufacturers with questions. Purchase whatever you choose, save your receipt. I seriously believe that all of the manufacturers being mentioned (Bump, BCE, Jammin, Kingheadz, TLR) would have no problem answering questions or replacing a defective part/s. My general consensus from this chassis question is that they all are good options. I understand ISO standards and the differences in metals from around the world. I am an aerospace machinest and aviation technician. I see certificates of conformance for materials and process. Yes their is a difference in metals from around the world. But manufacturers change suppliers all the time. This month blank stock comes from India, next month China, next year Malaysia. I wish my SCTE had a Losi TLR flex tuned chassis or any of the others as well. Its an upgrade over stock. Thats what its marketed as, and thats just what it is. Thanks goes out to Losi for supporting all of the racers and offering winning rc's.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wcrase101
I don't know if like how the motor is sittin way out
+1

The Idea sounds good for changing the angel to help with wear, but now with the motor cocked like that it is going to offset the CG even more and I would think the truck wouldnt be as balanced.

It would of been nice if they redid the center diff holder thing and the motor slider to keep the front angled but to still to keep the motor straight and not all angled.

I'm pretty sure anyone could take a chassis and drill 4 new holes to change the angel of the Center diff.

Other then that the Chassis looks like its pretty light being milled out all over. Think it said only 288grams. Wonder how much flex its going to have as it didnt say how thick the chassis is but im guessing the same as all the other option chassis out there.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nismomike
I've never been impressed by people who threaten to sue either, but why dont you just PM eachother. Threatening to sue someone over opinion is chicken $hit. But so is argueing on an RC forum. I dont care what anyone says is the best or worst. Do your own research at the local track. Get a general consensus on different forums. Pm people or email manufacturers with questions. Purchase whatever you choose, save your receipt. I seriously believe that all of the manufacturers being mentioned (Bump, BCE, Jammin, Kingheadz, TLR) would have no problem answering questions or replacing a defective part/s. My general consensus from this chassis question is that they all are good options. I understand ISO standards and the differences in metals from around the world. I am an aerospace machinest and aviation technician. I see certificates of conformance for materials and process. Yes their is a difference in metals from around the world. But manufacturers change suppliers all the time. This month blank stock comes from India, next month China, next year Malaysia. I wish my SCTE had a Losi TLR flex tuned chassis or any of the others as well. Its an upgrade over stock. Thats what its marketed as, and thats just what it is. Thanks goes out to Losi for supporting all of the racers and offering winning rc's.
You know, I basically agree with you and will respond no more, except to say mil spec is mil spec. Ryan stopped some time ago, now it's just the peanut gallery throwing stones this way or that, so I will also stop.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Guys,

I'm trying out Casey Pecks setup for the SCTE. The question I have is he used gold front spings and black rear springs, what would the new spring set equivalents be? Thanks.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheRevolution
Hey guys, I'm not sure exactly what the part is called, front bumper support bracket maybe, it's a small piece around the top of the front diff housing, in front of the shock tower. anyways, myself and at least 4 other guys had this piece break this weekend and I was wondering if anybody has came up with a more durable replacement for this piece? It's not that big of a deal really, but I don't think you can purchase it separately, it comes with the front bumper set.
+1 I broke this part and it looks like a weak spot on the truck. I ended up buying the whole front bumper, which I did not need. If it breaks again too quickly, I am going to try to rig something better. Would be a good opportunity for someone to make a better after market bumper, other than the T-bone, I don't want that obnoxious thing on my truck.

The only other parts I have broken in my first couple months with the truck are one front arm and one body post. The arms could use a little more material around where the shock mounts and the body posts could be improved.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BradS
+1 I broke this part and it looks like a weak spot on the truck. I ended up buying the whole front bumper, which I did not need. If it breaks again too quickly, I am going to try to rig something better. Would be a good opportunity for someone to make a better after market bumper, other than the T-bone, I don't want that obnoxious thing on my truck.

The only other parts I have broken in my first couple months with the truck are one front arm and one body post. The arms could use a little more material around where the shock mounts and the body posts could be improved.
I have also broke a couple of these.Unfortunately the tbone bumper connects to it also.Definately gotta come up with something better.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Yeah it's a little weak! When my third new front bumper gets here, I'm going to take this piece to a machine shop and see if they will make it out of aluminum!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by BradS

RPM is coming out with a front and rear bumper in a few months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.