Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I went to 27.5 in the rear and 32.5 in the front with the Lane setup. I also swapped the front spring to the Purple to suit my driving style(or lack thereof).
Old 10-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

postman taking forever.. cant wait to get my bce chassis
Old 10-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

[QUOTE=SaladFork;9774816]I forgot to tell you guys last week we had a rolling KV change on one of the motors. We tried to get as close to 5200kv but could only get 5150kv. I laughed then I saw this... No one knew what 5150 was till I mentioned it. How fitting for the beefiest 4 pole on the market. [/QUOTE

Also a Van Halen album
Old 10-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey
Hey guys I have a question for you. I just put Aaron Lane's setup in the rear of the truck. While I was at it I put all new a-arms, and rear end in the truck. I have the aluminum hingepin holders and am running 1 up in front/0 rear. I put the truck back together and noticed the movement was really stiff as far as the suspension goes. It almost feels like dirt is tuck in the hinge pin holders or something. When you press down on the truck to compress it, It basically just stays there with no rebound. Yes the shocks are built correctly, orange springs, and before I put the shocks on the suspension was perfectly free as I tested the hinge pin holders and everything. The shocks are on the outside of arm/ middle on tower so they are leaned over a decent amount. Is anybody else's like this with this setup in the truck?
you may like it better with no rebound as it might react more like emulsion shocks and stick when it lands. give it a try or move your shocks around to see if it gets freed up in different locations
Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by psionic
heh same here man, Ill have mine tomorrow
I ordered mine from Ebay seems quicker from what other people have been experiencing.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by psionic
Originally Posted by Feint Motion
heh same here man, Ill have mine tomorrow
I ordered mine from Ebay seems quicker from what other people have been experiencing.
Hey Guys Mon was a unexpected Postal Holiday
most of you will see them tomorrow..
Thanks again for your bussness

Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey
Hey guys I have a question for you. I just put Aaron Lane's setup in the rear of the truck. While I was at it I put all new a-arms, and rear end in the truck. I have the aluminum hingepin holders and am running 1 up in front/0 rear. I put the truck back together and noticed the movement was really stiff as far as the suspension goes. It almost feels like dirt is tuck in the hinge pin holders or something. When you press down on the truck to compress it, It basically just stays there with no rebound. Yes the shocks are built correctly, orange springs, and before I put the shocks on the suspension was perfectly free as I tested the hinge pin holders and everything. The shocks are on the outside of arm/ middle on tower so they are leaned over a decent amount. Is anybody else's like this with this setup in the truck?
Take a one size bigger drill bit and drill the hole bigger in the a-arm. Your feeling binding from the a-arm and the hinge pin.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I forgot to tell you guys last week we had a rolling KV change on one of the motors. We tried to get as close to 5200kv but could only get 5150kv. I laughed then I saw this... No one knew what 5150 was till I mentioned it. How fitting for the beefiest 4 pole on the market.
Hey salad my vx10r and 4.5 550 combo has the esc coming off at 160 motor 145 running a 12t pinion on my scte after a 5 min qual is the esc too hot anybsetup tips?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayrc
Hey salad my vx10r and 4.5 550 combo has the esc coming off at 160 motor 145 running a 12t pinion on my scte after a 5 min qual is the esc too hot anybsetup tips?
Try this setup... We have a fan kit coming out for you guys running the 4.5's.

VST4.5XL-14tooth pinion.

VTX10R-Profile#2
Brake strength 80%
Brake PWM freq 8000HZ
Brake curve linear
Neutral drag brake 10%
Throttle PWM freq 9600Hz
Throttle punch 15%-30%
Throttle curve linear
Deadband middle
no timing- default
no motor protection
esc protection 240 degrees

(esc temp 120-140)-(motor temp 150-170)
Old 10-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Also how is the durability on the CF Ackerman bar? I would imagine hard shots to the front wheels could snap it.
Been running it for months. No problems.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just switched from the Novak 4.5 to a Castle 1410 paired with an RX8. I jumped up to a 14T and noticed better mid range with a slight blip of the throttle clears most doubles. I was wondering what most peeps are setting their ESC to get more power jumping right out of turns?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I run 16t on my 1410 set 85 on current limit on rx8
Old 10-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
any chance you could weigh both for us?
I don't have a scale, sorry. Maybe over the weekend when I'm at the track and use theirs if I remember. Someone posted it a LONG time ago. I totally forget what the differences were, but it was pretty significant relative to the size of the parts if I remember correctly. But we're not talking huge amounts like a chassis or anything.
Originally Posted by Grandturk
Also how is the durability on the CF Ackerman bar? I would imagine hard shots to the front wheels could snap it.
Never had an issue with mine or even heard of an issue with one. One important thing though is to run a bead of CA glue around the edges. If you do this, you shouldn't have any problems.
Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I couldnt agree more.

Most of the guys here that want their truck to weigh Like a 2wd, mainly run indoor on road carpet or clay, no jumps.

He'll, even Casper said, you can lose some oz's from just upgrading some parts without even really trying
Yep, I run indoor clay track. I agree though, the extra heft on a really loose outdoor track would probably help with traction!
Originally Posted by SaladFork
I forgot to tell you guys last week we had a rolling KV change on one of the motors. We tried to get as close to 5200kv but could only get 5150kv. I laughed then I saw this... No one knew what 5150 was till I mentioned it. How fitting for the beefiest 4 pole on the market.
That's some funny stuff right there! So now we've got a "Little Can Of Whoop Ass" and a "Can of Crazy!"
Old 10-13-2011, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
for sure
Dude the new layout at Pegasus is the best I have seen yet, ran a few packs tonight and it is just super fun! Fast and technical yer gonna love it! And to the rest of you so-Cal kats come out the 22 of Oct for the SCT nationals and lay it down with us!(Scott k,Lbc Kevin,Casper??Ryan?!!!

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
You don't need to get bent out of shape over a simple question man, Like I said before I've never owned a SCT before, I've only ever owned 1/10th stadium trucks. I don't need a mechanic either lol I can handle my own work. Some of the slang for these trucks is all new to me, So that's why im asking. Thanks the answer tho
Get used to this kinda talk !Peeps who think they are sum pro toy car driver are like Stuck up cheerleaders ,they dink there Poo don't stink!!Years of surfing and skateboarding with legends and pros I don't see this kind of disdain for people seeking help!Only in this hobby! Not all but I know of a few pros back in the day that would not give you the time of day, or give some kid their autograph!What a joke! it`s toy cars! Can they pull hot chicks or skate empty pools ?Surf huge waves with no leash?Off the track most of them are Fish out of water!And there is those that do go out of their way with no Ego and have every right to have one!!Mr.and Mrs Drake come to mind ,the nicest most knowledgeable guy at any track,and Ronda is super sweet as well!!Ask away bro that's why some of us are here!RC Phreak is gonna be so proud of me I used the multi- quote!!!

Last edited by BmainStar; 10-13-2011 at 02:26 AM. Reason: cuzz
Old 10-13-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Are the Ten T shocks and the SCTE shocks setup the same from the factory as far as the pistons go? I just built some ten t shocks emulsion style and they seem real stiff. Im using stock pistons and 30wt losi oil. I also moved the shock position to the Aaron Lane setup sheet. I have no binding at all in my arms. I also backed off the bottom shock cap a 1/4 of a turn in case the orings were sandwiched too tight. Please advise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.