Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
To bad

Excellent point, since my comment offends some, it's a better choice anyway. I surely wouldn't want to get in trouble/banned for saying SWEAT SHOP and LOSI in the same sentence on a PUBLIC forum when it's only a opinion. Slander, Meh.
It's not about being offended. It's about you being ignorant and making false stements for no reason. Come on man, losi doesn't operate like that. I'm all for making fun of anything, and I mean anything, but you're just being dumb.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
It's not about being offended. It's about you being ignorant and making false stements for no reason. Come on man, losi doesn't operate like that. I'm all for making fun of anything, and I mean anything, but you're just being dumb.
Looks like we each have opinions then doesn't it ?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

20,000 + posts and about 1,000 are useful.

Keep it to the PM's for crying out loud, most of us come to get info not watch sally's throwing purses.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
Can someone pm me a list of shims needed for the difs/pinion and whatever else I may need to shim. Thanks for the help guys.
Losa 4452 is the part number to shim the diffs.
they are 14 X 7 X 0.10 mm.
go on the bearing's between the plastics and dogs. hope this helps.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
And for someone that seems too badmouth Losi a lot he sure owns quite a few of their cars ? I say go run Assoc , HPI , Kyosho or any of the other brands if Losi is so bad . Do you really think the other RC companies produce their cars and treat their employees differently ?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Last two things I'll say about Chinese manufacturing in this thread and it's not even QA or directly Losi related...

One person's sweatshop is another's dream job and second, everyone interested in the issue on a more macro scale should read Wired's excellent look at Apple's Chinese manufacturing situation as it relates to the people who work there.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Hey Casper,I have the new chassis and my truck ran its fastest laps ever last Fri. Al tho it was flyin my crew chief LoL Said it looked like it was pushing in the front.I do notice you are running the stock front brace and not the milled one?Would this give less push for this chassis?It`s outside dirt at Pegs! Thanx!
The plastic will give a little more flex to the front and this may help some for a track like peg. I have not run the alum front brace to give a personal prespective on it. What setup you running for diffs and tires? A slight push is not a bad thing. It may not give the fastest lap times but you tend to put in much more consistant times which give better overall race times. The "crew chief" may say it looks like it has a little push but what does the "driver" think? Also if you put in your fastest lap time ever maybe the car is setup for you driving sytle as well.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
The plastic will give a little more flex to the front and this may help some for a track like peg. I have not run the alum front brace to give a personal prespective on it. What setup you running for diffs and tires? A slight push is not a bad thing. It may not give the fastest lap times but you tend to put in much more consistant times which give better overall race times. The "crew chief" may say it looks like it has a little push but what does the "driver" think? Also if you put in your fastest lap time ever maybe the car is setup for you driving sytle as well.
The other thing to try will be the torque rod as those will arrive shortly at the hobby stores. It will give a bit mroe steering as it will allow less flex in the rear end.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
And for someone that seems too badmouth Losi a lot he sure owns quite a few of their cars ? I say go run Assoc , HPI , Kyosho or any of the other brands if Losi is so bad . Do you really think the other RC companies produce their cars and treat their employees differently ?
Again, it's my opinion.
Losi has had a lot of isses with this truck, despite it's awesome charateristics the flaws can't be over looked and are qetting quit tiresome IMO.
You and others have the option of the "ignore feature " ?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Running 7-5-3 and AKA Gridirons soft.The driver thinks the truck is set up perfect LOL The biggest thing I noticed with the new chassis was how well it transitions from one surface to the next,very flowing!There is a bump section that runs into a tight right hander and then slight up hill thru bumps into a tight left, quick right,and I never really could flow thru that section untill now!I am running the ae sc8 rod on the rear for now(the blue matches the shocks)and will be looking at the torque rod for 2nd truck!Thanx for your guys replys
Old 09-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Again, it's my opinion.
Losi has had a lot of isses with this truck, despite it's awesome charateristics the flaws can't be over looked and are qetting quit tiresome IMO.
When people come and give their "opinions" over and over it also gets quite tiresome . Like I said if Losi is so bad then go run one of the other trucks , they are all solid platforms and have no design/material issues at all
Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would say the serrated nuts are one of the top upgrades. Its a great peace of mind upgrade and not too expensive.
I bought the Traxxas ones last night got twice the number that losi provides for half the price.. Will have to see if they last .25 as long
Old 09-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Running 7-5-3 and AKA Gridirons soft.The driver thinks the truck is set up perfect LOL The biggest thing I noticed with the new chassis was how well it transitions from one surface to the next,very flowing!There is a bump section that runs into a tight right hander and then slight up hill thru bumps into a tight left, quick right,and I never really could flow thru that section untill now!I am running the ae sc8 rod on the rear for now(the blue matches the shocks)and will be looking at the torque rod for 2nd truck!Thanx for your guys replys
If the driver is happy then I would not change a thing. If you want to try more steering then try 5 in the front diff.

For your next set of tires you should think about enduro's. Ran those at the last JBRL after trying gridirons and loved the enduro's!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
The other thing to try will be the torque rod as those will arrive shortly at the hobby stores. It will give a bit mroe steering as it will allow less flex in the rear end.
Will the torqur rods work on the stock chassis?
Old 09-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Again, it's my opinion.
And again you spout off unreal ideas and state they are opinions...an opinion is something that you feel like orange is a great color. Talking about our factory that you have never seen, thats not an opinion, that is slander.

The only issue with this truck has been the diff pins and that was on the first shipment which we took care of all the customers and then some. We have made other improvements over time based on customer feedback...that is a sign of a great company. So, for you to state otherwise, is not an opinion, it is slander.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.