Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

What springs should I use? I bought:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB2959

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB2963

The track is indoor and looks pretty compact.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by slash24
i see that you are a rookie so ill take it eazy on you. all you have to do it go up about 10 pages. i litterally just asked this question a week ago. read through a few pages before you ask. i know its hard to look through 1300+ pages of post but atleast look through a few
That's why the search button is your best friend!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
they do like nice and pretty!
Oh , I agree .
Old 09-21-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
The drive shaft issue usually shows up a couple months in. Parts start to wear, the coupler looses it's grease and you get some failures. Just because they improve something does not make the old one a bad design. That is like saying everyone should get free carbon towers, alum rear hubs and adjustable pivots. Many have not had any issues with the center drive shafts and the plastic sleeve. some have shot out the pins over time. There is another design with a setscrew to hold the center coupler pin in place but anyone running CVD's know this is not always the answer as this option can fail just as well. Parts will wear out over time and need to be replaced. You can't expect everything to last forever!
With all due respect, Your missing the point ?
Many have had issues within a couple packs, myself included. I'm not a noob nor a pro driver but I'm very detail oriented having ben in this Hobby for 25yrs, befor I even ran my trucks I rebuilt my F&R cvd's with teflon grease and a boot to retain the lubricant and repel dirt. Broke a F&R coupler befor the 5rd pack.
User error, doubt it.
Another Losi over sight due to Chinese QC ? Afraid so.
If I'm expecting to much from the company whom I feel makes one of the best RC's on the market and they expect me to be loyal then they damn well better replace it if it's a manufacturing defect.
Traxxas would, why not HH & Losi ?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brushless420
Absolutely Avid. Had trouble with Boca in the past. Had to file a claim against them for a supposed lost shipment. Im in Saint Petersburg, FL a few hours from where there located. They gave me nothing but a hard time. Crappy CS. The person I talked to didnt even have a clue about anything to do with RC. Bunch of super tools there. They sell bearings for everything imaginable with no real knowledge of RC applications.
In all fairness, Boca isn't targeting RC specifically so the rep being unaware is understandable.
I have to say they botched a order for me as well, just sent the wrong items but they quickly sent the correct bearings out, gave me a $20.00 credit which I used immediately while on the phone w/them AND let me keep the wrong bearings I received which I sold on ebay for 28.00.
Win Win IMO ?

Avid; way more RC friendly and better prices with the package deals they offer. The revolutions hybrid bearings are a pretty cool idea as well.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gawith0413

Also what weight of oil should I use in the front and rear?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07
I am not sure why this still comes up. I think chris makes great parts so its a great option part, but its not a necessity in any way.
Because most guys trust American made tempered steel parts made at higher tolerances in their diff cases rather than Chinese aluminum and stamped steel parts made by children in sweat shops
Old 09-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Also what weight of oil should I use in the front and rear?
Check out some of the setups and start with one close to the track conditions similar to the track you will be racing at .
Old 09-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
made by children in sweat shops
too far.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
Yes I see where the 5x11x4 but in the manual there are also 5x10x4 but I dont see where they go on the truck in the exploded view. Must be just another miss print in the manual. Thanks ill check out Avid

there is No 5x10x4 Anywhere on the SCTE, Its from the 810 and its clutch bell.

Originally Posted by Briguy
Dang ! $22 for mud guards ?

X2 way to expensive.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
too far.
Would it have been better if he posted this instead?

Because most guys trust American made tempered steel parts made at higher tolerances in their diff cases rather than Chinese aluminum and stamped steel parts made by political prisoners in jail

Old 09-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Ask for help

Would you please telling me what is the actual size of the screws in the parts "LOSB3542 Differential Housing and Seal Set"?

I've lost 1 of them. thanks a lot
Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

With all due respect, Your missing the point ?
Many have had issues within a couple packs, myself included. I'm not a noob nor a pro driver but I'm very detail oriented having ben in this Hobby for 25yrs, befor I even ran my trucks I rebuilt my F&R cvd's with teflon grease and a boot to retain the lubricant and repel dirt. Broke a F&R coupler befor the 5rd pack.
User error, doubt it.
Another Losi over sight due to Chinese QC ? Afraid so.
If I'm expecting to much from the company whom I feel makes one of the best RC's on the market and they expect me to be loyal then they damn well better replace it if it's a manufacturing defect.
Traxxas would, why not HH & Losi ?
I already said if something broke in a few runs, of course we would CS it. We stand behind our products. That should be evident as I am in here. You are missing the point a little i think. And if you pushed the coupler back onto the shaft too far, it certainly could be user error. As far as you getting into where things are made again...not going to touch that. That is your thing.

Because most guys trust American made tempered steel parts made at higher tolerances in their diff cases rather than Chinese aluminum and stamped steel parts made by children in sweat shops
I am tired of the children and sweat shop comments...if you continue to slander the company, I will be sure the moderators are aware of it. I have been there and seen it and there are no children, and they make a very good wage, and have free boarding.

That does not make it a necessity, it still makes it an option. When a new guy comes in asking for the necessities...that doesnt make the list. Serrated wheel nuts are more valuable in comparison.

As far as american versus whoever, I drive an american car to support america. I can say, love the car, but now that it has hit 130000, I wish it were something else as I know it would still be good for another 150k, lol.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sweeper
Would you please telling me what is the actual size of the screws in the parts "LOSB3542 Differential Housing and Seal Set"?

I've lost 1 of them. thanks a lot
These are M2.5 x 10mm but 12mm length will also fit.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

oh, oh..... LETS GET READY TO RUMMMBBBLLEEE.:flaming :

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.